Water in first 2 weeks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ifsixwasnin9

Reaction score
Starting 3 plants (different strains) in like 12-16 oz. cups after germinating and they are growing kind of slow maybe. (Can't remember what first 2 weeks were like during my last grow.) My tall ones are like 3 in. high. They have plenty of MH light and ventilation, 18 hrs, etc. and I water them every other day.

Do they require lots of water during this time?

It depends on the humidity and how wet the medium is but I don't water that often. I wait for the top of the soil to be dry. I think i watered maybe once a week.

Green mojo!

Like rosebud said, the only one who knows the answer is your medium.

Each medium has it's own best level of wet and dry to cycle through so look in to that. For coco coir and potting mixing, like rosebud said, wait for the top to dry out a bit but if you push your finger in you should find a moist feeling just a few cm's below. For coco coir specifically never let it get any dryer than that because every time it dries out mineral salts are lodged and will build up.

Find out what suits your particular medium best and then keep an eye on it manually. The problem with set and forget systems is how much and how fast conditions can change- that's why I personally choose to hand water when using coco or potting mix rather than a pump and timer.

resin-reaper said:
Like rosebud said, the only one who knows the answer is your medium.

Each medium has it's own best level of wet and dry to cycle through so look in to that. For coco coir and potting mixing, like rosebud said, wait for the top to dry out a bit but if you push your finger in you should find a moist feeling just a few cm's below. For coco coir specifically never let it get any dryer than that because every time it dries out mineral salts are lodged and will build up.

Find out what suits your particular medium best and then keep an eye on it manually. The problem with set and forget systems is how much and how fast conditions can change- that's why I personally choose to hand water when using coco or potting mix rather than a pump and timer.

Not be knowin why yual here with so much red to the rep but dont think I ever sees yual before fire side. Good knowledge and thankin yual for it. Rep return in my books think.

BWD

Latest posts

Back