water?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rambler

grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey all:)

Yes its time for another question! ok im gowing in soil and i was wondering what type of water i should use? You see i live in the city and the tap water is very hard full of chlorine and stuff and the bottled water i have found all have very high ph levels 7 and higher (mineral water), now i havent tested my tap water to find out its ph level i hope to do so tomorrow but thats a while away and my newly borns are starting to get thirsty again.

p.s I have used mineral water so far it only hit me today when i noticed that they where looking pretty down in the dumps (its ph 7.2)

distilled water or let the tap water sit for 24hrs or so and invest in some PH down and PH up and get a good ph meter

I have always used tap water and I have never had any complaints from my ladies, the PH of my tap water is about 9.0.

Thanks guys

and i just got back from the shops and have finished my test.
i took a soil sample and mixed it up with some of the water in a ph test and it seems to be just under neutral about 6.8 i think. but it is under 7.0, i hope this will do as i cant afford to by alot of the equipment i need this is my first grow and i hope to learn as much as possible. and once again thanks for all your post.

I use distilled water now and I think my plants like it the best. Only $.99 cents at da store. You can use lemon juice or baking soda to raise or lower your PH if you dont have any PH up or PH down. Good Luck.

Latest posts

Back