Well. This isnt going well 😔

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kydas101

Reaction score
Screenshot_20231213_211559_Messenger.jpg

Light distance, heat, PH, temps, over/under water, over/under feed, root bound already, soil mix, tell us more about your set up, please...
Outdoors, in soil comprising composted cow manure and a little composted chicken manure mixed through. No ferts. Full sun from about 9am to 6.30 pm. Soil ph sits at 7. I'm away from home and thinking she has been given a little too much love with the watering can lol. I hope she can recover 🙏

There is a chance that your soil is extremely hot and your roots are just now getting down to whatever level that is at.
I am more of a hydro guy and will watch and learn also. How big of a spot did you dig up and churn over/through, how deep - then I would ask how much shizzle did you mix into it?
I once used manure years ago but I tilled up spots and let them sit all winter and cam back and planted in the spring. It worked out ok.
Def will be watching for better answers.

There is a chance that your soil is extremely hot and your roots are just now getting down to whatever level that is at.
I am more of a hydro guy and will watch and learn also. How big of a spot did you dig up and churn over/through, how deep - then I would ask how much shizzle did you mix into it?
I once used manure years ago but I tilled up spots and let them sit all winter and cam back and planted in the spring. It worked out ok.
Def will be watching for better answers.
Well, I guess the area is around 40-50cm wide, and nearly 2 meters long. Over the years there has been mulch spread on top of that area. I think I used about half a 25litre bag of composted cow manure over the top of that, then I spread around 3-4 double hand fulls of composted chicken manure on top of that. I used a shovel and turned it all over on itself a few times to a depth of close to half a metre. Hope that helps. 1 metre = 39.37 inches.

OK. I'm home again. That poor plant has been through the ringer. The stem has broken about a third of the way up, and the she was inadvertently topped during the same incident that caused the stem to break. A ball landed on her. She is not happy at all. The other one that is in a pot and was doing quite well, is now also suffering from being over watered. Can't win it would seem haha. This is how shes looking now.
20231229_151938.jpg

Quick update on the the little plant that could. Despite being snapped a third of the way up the stem and having the top ripped off in the same accident, she is pushing on up the hill of life. Have started giving liquid fertiliser once a week. She could possibly even use more often maybe? First time was "Powerfeed", which is supposed to be organic. Second time was Amgrow Nitrosol a few days ago, and have been using seasol once a week also since she started the battle with life.
Anyway, cpl updated pics. One of the girl with the difficult start to life, and the other of the one in a pot. It's been hot, and the one in the pot is looking heat stressed, but seems fine otherwise (to my novice eyes anyway)
Going to be moved into a cooler spot to deal with the coming heatwave. If when any of you guys look at them, and think "looks like they need X" I'd love any imput. Thanks everyone. Hope the start to 2024 has been a good one 👍
received_889327182825116.jpeg
received_282111718199248.jpeg

OK. I'm home again. That poor plant has been through the wringer. The stem has broken about a third of the way up, and the she was inadvertently topped during the same incident that caused the stem to break. A ball landed on her. She is not happy at all. The other one that is in a pot and was doing quite well, is now also suffering from being over watered. Can't win it would seem haha. This is how shes looking now.View attachment 349846
Replant into bigger pot it’s starving for more soil it will get its green back

Sometimes doing nothing is better than over doing it. Looking better. Needs feeding now. Banana tree. Your not in Kansas toedoe

So, after all the trials and tribulations of this little plant that could, it comes to an end today..
Note to self. Start more that just a cpl seeds. They were both male 😆
Live and learn haha.
Happy growing everyone!

Attachments

• received_956647959361530.jpeg
    received_956647959361530.jpeg
    213.1 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back