What is flushing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seed_rar

Reaction score
I am try to learn ever thing I can before starting my grow, and I already have all my equipment on its way to me in the mail. I have been searching for it but could not find a clear answer.
What is flushing? I know you give you plant just plane water for two weeks before harvest, but is there something else involved?
When I hear flush I would think you would actually dump water in the soil until there is a heavy flow coming out the bottom drainage holes. Please tell me if I have the wrong idea.

If some one could help me, my goal is to make a clean and healthy plant to smoke and do not want chemicals in my lungs.

OK let's say you have your plants in 3 gallon pots. For every gallon of dirt you wanna flush 5 gallons of plain water through the pot. So if you have 3 gallon pots you wanna flush 15 gallons of plain through them or until the water is clear coming out of the bottom. ;)

indeed.

theres a alot of info on here about flushing, and a lot of contraversy over flushing. check it out, alot of interesting Points.

So you do the whole 15 gallons all at the same time but when? Is it just for when you over fertilize, or is it when you start the two week period of plane water before harvest? I know there is some controversy on this but what is your opinion?
I just want a clean plant to smoke, and will be starting my grow in about 3 to 5 weeks.

How are you growing? Can you tell us what ferts your planning on using?

Yes, I will be growing a scrog under a digital 400w HPS, and my fertilizers are Iguana Juice Bloom & Grow.

Yeah I was wondering all 5 gallons at once or over the 2 week period?

Any advice on if I should get more fertilizers would be grate too. In addition to Iguana Juice Bloom & Grow I have purchased some guano.

Latest posts

Back