What Soil less mix for Hydro?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lezbein

Reaction score
What is a good soil less mix for DWC and Wicks? I am using fish gravel now, mixed with straight dirt. I thought the gravel was good, but someone said it's bad. I got a few grows out of it though. So what is good to use? I prefer some sort of gravel or something I can reuse again and again.

Also is Dyna Grow a good nute brand? I couldn't afford the Fox Farms, General Hydro or Bonicare nutes which I hear people use the most.

What nutes does Hydrotron release? The site says it release very little. Dose any soil less mix release nothing?

hydroton are just expanded clay pellets used in your net pots for the roots to grow through and anchor themselves. hydroton does hold a little water ,but is ph netral.

it doesnt change your ph much if at all, i use it and it work great. after a harvest i clean it and reuse.

Lezbein said:
Ph Neutral? The site said "...Hydroton is pH stabilized and releases practically no minerals into the nutrient stream; in other words Hydroton is almost completely inert-..."

It released "practically no minerals" How much is practically?

http://www.generalhydroponics.com/genhydro_US/hydroton.html

This is true, hydoton is inhert you dont need to worry about it releasing anything.
Just rinse it well before use because it can be dusty.

Growdude said:
This is true, hydoton is inhert you dont need to worry about it releasing anything.
Just rinse it well before use because it can be dusty.

Rinse it a few times.,... It can turn your water a nice bright orangish-red 8) Nothing too detrimental but that dust can clog drippers if you are using that kind of system..... and IF going aeroponic.... Rince till there is NO color change.... Those lil high pressure sprayers will clog up really quick with that dust in the solution.

Latest posts

Back