What the heck is wrong with this?????????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Toker

Living Large
Reaction score
This plant appears to be dying. It is starting it's 6th week of bloom.
None of my other girls are having this problem. They are all on the same nute schedule. Help, Help, Please Help

bad plant.JPG

bad plant 2.JPG

looks like serious nuit burn, or did a cat piss on it? or something bad got poured on it.

Yo Ho The Toker,

WOW !!! That doesn't look good at all, In fact I think judging from the looks of that girl that you might have to write that one off. You mentioned that they are all on the same nute schedule, but are they all different strains ?
You have to treat each plant on an individual basis. My last two Sativas were lousy smoke, and one of the things that I noticed was that the two were both sativa yes, but one of the ladies could'nt even handle simple amounts of nutes.
This baby of yours looks as though she has nute lockout or something has seriously damaged the roots. Almost as though she was dying of thirst, if she isn't suffering from root rot then I would recommend some serious flushing, and at this point you have nothing to lose. If this is a pre-ferted soil then forget flushing as all you will accomplish is finishing the job of torture.
Good Luck

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

The Toker said:
Should I try to cure the buds?

dang man, that sucks, maybe you can save the buds or really flush that girl quick and see if that helps, at least its not the only plant you have!

The Toker said:
Should I try to cure the buds?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! (but try flushing well first).

I lost a plant a while ago. I had been out of town for a week, but when I got home all the girls looked just fine. However, the next day one of them looked a little "sad". I gave her a good flush. The next day she looked like yours. She didn't make it--I don't have a clue why, the other 3 were fine. She was about 3 weeks from finishing, but she still smoked pretty good.

Green Mojo for your sick girl.

There is no going back with that plant, harvest her, she will give you smoke until the others are ready, when you harvest her, have a look at her roots, if you find anything unusual take a picture and show us (it could help another grower with a similar problem).

Were all here to pass the good and bad parts of growing onto others so we all gain knowledge :)

The buds still look great! I say if she keeps on budding then don't worry about the leaves although this has never happened to me before the buds look really healthy despite all that.

Something is seriously wrong with the plant, ok its at the leaves at the moment, if left it could go to the buds, once at the buds what will happen?
That we do not know, it could ruin all the buds or not effect them, I know if it were mine, I wouldnt risk the buds and I would harvest it, but thats just my thoughts.

I have to agree with the majority on this one. Harvest it while you still can and be happy that you've still got bud to smoke from her. I hope the others turn out better for ya!

Well the leaves die during harvest anyways. That's just how the fall is. That goes with every plant. They direct all their energy towards the flowers or fruit. That's how nature is and I don't see how it is any different with an indoor plant. It's not mites or mold or anything that will ruin the buds. The buds look just fine. That's just my opinion. I am not a prolific gardener so this kind of thing has never happened to me from experience but I consider myself an observer of the logic of nature.

If you do not know what will happen then why would you think it would ruin the buds? I don't think it's a disease or infestation at all. It looks like a deficiency. I have had similar problems growing in soiless with veggies and it usually ends up being micro nutrients because soiless lacks the properties to produce enough of them. I have to use a liquid nutrient supplement for the micro (mag-copper-iron) which includes boron and some zinc to make up for it because I cannot use soil due to pests. I don't see how it is any different but the buds look like they are thriving. I guess the only way you will know is to watch closely to see if the buds continue to swell and if they do then I would not worry too much.

Here is pics of the rootball from the 1st pics at the begining of this post. These were growing in dirt, outdoors, and moved in for bloom. Would like to here if anybody sees anything.

I had to harvest another last night, and will have to tonight for the 3rd time (pics included). Everthing seems to be going downhill fast. Here are the pics of the begining of 5th week and now I am ending 6th week

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?p=319390#post319390

Funny thing is as you can see by the pics that the one I will harvest tonight seems to have new growth at the bottom. After harvest, I will try to re veg the bottom and see what happens.

Any comments appreciated.

DSC03969.JPG

DSC03973.JPG

DSC03978.JPG

DSC03986.JPG

what are you feeding with...what kind of water? whats the ph of the water and the runnoff? we need more info!

Using Advanced Nutrients, using the chart from AN website for 2 part Sensi Bloom, moderate feeding. Using Sensi bloom A and B, Sensi cal bloom, Sensizym, Big Bud (switched out Big Bud in 6th week, replaced it with Overdrive). Using soil with tray below pot. My water is ph 6.5 to 7.0, have been using the same water their whole life. Using potassium chloride in my softner, switched from salt 6 months before I started to grow. Using a moisture meter to check moisture, no over watering. Grew perfect for the first 5 weeks of bloom as seen in other post.

i say pull it man. it's time for harvest. That plant looks to have had some sort of lockout or over fertilization lately. I think it's time to give her a good flush with water if you don't plan on pulling her, OR just pull her. It still looks like a good harvest from the plant overall and you won't regret it .

I MYSELF would harvest the plant as i see a lot of RED pistils and a very mature plant that has reached the end of it's lifecycle.

Harvest the plant. And enjoy the fruits of your efforts.

Latest posts

Back