what will happen without nutes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red_ss

Reaction score
guys what will happen if i dont give my plants any nutes until harvest?is it ok or they are going to die or get sick?

many of my leaves ends turned yellow\brown and dry even before i use any nutes!! and when i used some its the same? my ph is perfict and the temps also but i dont know whats wrong?:rolleyes:

i dont know what youre growing in so its hard to guess but they will be ok for a while and then start going deficient. your harvest will suffer overall. i had same issues mainly just from ignorance. ease in to the nutes real slow like and let your plants tell you what they want. if PH ,temps. airflow and medium is all good you will get good results. since youre posting in general indoor growing ill assume youre in dirt. does it have nutes in it already?

It will grow, and you would proly get a harvest.....but ya what blunt said....your overall yeild will be affected for sure.
and the plant could run into some trouble somewhere down the line.

If your asking because you dont want to buy good nutes, atleast buy some MG or something similar.....(but better than MG is ideal)....

All very true, IMO it would be the N that will depleate first and youll see lots of yellow. after that goes (and it will go fast) it tosses everything out of whack. Best bet would be to follow feeding times as necessary. then use bloom nutes when its time to flower.

i'm thinking another good question for ya is what kind of lighting in comparison to how much space? i've learned alot off this site, and lighting is the MOST important thing i've learned about. also, your lighting time schedule?

blunt said:
i dont know what youre growing in so its hard to guess but they will be ok for a while and then start going deficient. your harvest will suffer overall. i had same issues mainly just from ignorance. ease in to the nutes real slow like and let your plants tell you what they want. if PH ,temps. airflow and medium is all good you will get good results. since youre posting in general indoor growing ill assume youre in dirt. does it have nutes in it already?

Thanks blunt.. every thing is perfict temps never more than 79- ph always 6.7.. my strain is ice cream 60%indica-40%sativa

the soil have nutes but i think the nutes now is gone and flushed.. i started anew seed in the same soil and now its about 10 inches tall and its perfict? only old plants diffirent??

Ekoostik_Hookah said:
It will grow, and you would proly get a harvest.....but ya what blunt said....your overall yeild will be affected for sure.
and the plant could run into some trouble somewhere down the line.

If your asking because you dont want to buy good nutes, atleast buy some MG or something similar.....(but better than MG is ideal)....
Thank you EK
i bought some good nutes.. but as i said they were sick before and after nutes so i dont know whats wrong??

octobong007 said:
i'm thinking another good question for ya is what kind of lighting in comparison to how much space? i've learned alot off this site, and lighting is the MOST important thing i've learned about. also, your lighting time schedule?

Thank you octobong007
im using a 400HPS .. if the room is cold i bring it to 13-15 inches and make sure temps on the top of the plant is less than 80 - if the room is hot ikeep it about 18 inches and also under 80.. so as you see every thing is perfict .. but there is something wrong

Are you sure that all the nutes are out of that soil? if you flushed and let it dry did you test to see what pH was before oyu reintroduced nutes to them.

Dubbaman said:
Are you sure that all the nutes are out of that soil? if you flushed and let it dry did you test to see what pH was before oyu reintroduced nutes to them.
thanks Dubbaman
i dont have a ph tester because i didnt find any around im using mineral bottled water with a 6.7 ph.. but i only flushed them yesterday.. they didnt dry yet..

red_ss said:
Thank you octobong007
im using a 400HPS .. if the room is cold i bring it to 13-15 inches and make sure temps on the top of the plant is less than 80 - if the room is hot ikeep it about 18 inches and also under 80.. so as you see every thing is perfict .. but there is something wrong

When you say cold how cold is that? its not just the tops of the plants you have to be concerned with but also the roots.

Growdude said:
When you say cold how cold is that? its not just the tops of the plants you have to be concerned with but also the roots.
thanks..:D
when its cold its about 65 in the room and 75-78 on the top and about 69-72 on the pot?

when I start a new batch, I like to sterilize everything first. wash out pots in the bathtub, and use new, fresh commercial potting soil. If you did have a disease wipe out your first plant, then that disease is still in the old rootball and soil. I bet you that new seedling is going to develope problems.

yer best bet is to go get yourself a big bail of compressed potting soil (cheap) and wash out your pot, then sterilize it with bleach, rinse and dry out overnight.

you can either try to save the new seedling in a temperary pot - or just a new one.... if you didn't have any more beans.... however, chances are that the seedling is already comprimised so I would just toss it.

I think it kinda depends on whats in the soil you use. I never really 'nuted' per se, but I did use a decent time release soil on top of the ground a few times (thanks Slim!). Also I am thinking my backyard had good dirt.
I had a pretty good yield concidering it was my 1st ever grow.

Whoops! Didn't realize this was on the indoor board...:p Sorry!

Thank you guys.. i really appreciate your hrlp

my new seedling is separeted in veging room - others are in the flowering room? could the disaese come to them?

Latest posts

Back