When an autoflower doesn't automatically flower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trafic

Very, very stoned
Reaction score
So I have these supposed LR2's growing and they are not flowering. I also am growing auto ak and they flowered 3 weeks ago so and this plant doesn't look anything like the LR2 I see in other pics.

I'm just wondering if I should just shut up and be patient or if I got seeds that are not LR2. I can throw these out in the woods and let them be free and start some more auto AK's (which are awesome).

Anyhow here's the list

1. How tall are your plants now? 20"

2. How far from the lights are the tops of your plants? Is this a constant distance or have you changed it recently? 8" Constant

3. How old are they? 45 days

4. What strain are they? LR2

5. Did you start them from seed or clone? seed

6. What type of containers are you using and what size are they in gallons? 3 gallon bag

WHAT TYPE OF GROW DO YOU HAVE?

7. Dirt? yes

8. What mixture of dirt or type of dirt did you use? mix of Ocean forest and Light warrior 2:1

9. Is it a type that has added nutrients like "Miracle Grow"? sort of

10. What mixture of perlite, vermiculite and other additives have you used if any? just a little perlite.

11. Hydroponic? n/a

WHAT TYPE OF LIGHTS DO YOU USE?

18. Fluorescent n

19. Halide n

20. HPS yes

21. Wattage? 400

22. Ballast, is it digital or analog? dig

23. Is it remote or in your grow area? remote

24. What nutrients are you feeding your plants? ff

?

SOIL FERTS?

27. What brand? What strength? What mix? ff 1/2 strengh or so

28. How often, and when was the last time? every other time

ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS OF THE GROW AREA

29. Do you use ventilation for your indoor grow? yes

30. If so, what do you use? 265CFM for luights and filter. various others

31. Do you use a fan?yes

32. What type of fan and where is it pointed? What speed? low, under the plants

33. Temperature of the grow area? 77

34. Humidity of the grow area? 40

35. Is CO2 being introduced? What method? na

36. Do you use Odor Control, (carbon, ionizer, ozone gen)?carbon

37. Do you use LST? HST?no

growg 001.jpg

growg 002.jpg

Of all the Lowryders2 I have seen. I haven't seen any1 that resemble to the one you got! Try puttin it under 12/12 lights and if it blooms it aint an auto!

NorwegianViking said:
Of all the Lowryders2 I have seen. I haven't seen any1 that resemble to the one you got! Try puttin it under 12/12 lights and if it blooms it aint an auto!

That's what I'm thinking, but I don't want to switch to 12/12 with the auto AK's I have. It may get banished to my outdoor plot.

At 45 days there shld be some type of flowering going on...hell I hve had autos that finished in under 60 days...maybe there was a seed mixup and they sent you some other strain...

Hamster Lewis said:
At 45 days there shld be some type of flowering going on...hell I hve had autos that finished in under 60 days...maybe there was a seed mixup and they sent you some other strain...

It came in the Joint Doctor packaging. I still have 3 left in the tube. Could be a mistake. Who knows? I've go some other auto's to start anyway.

aplaisia said:
There is the possibility that there was a seed mixup. Where did you get the seeds? If it is a reputable source then you may have a non true breeding batch of the seeds.

A true breeding batch of seeds would only produce plants that are similar to the parents.

This means the genotype may have the autoflower trait. But the phenotype is not being expressed.

How many plants are LR2? How many are auto flowering LR2? If you do have some of the seeds autoflowering, what is the ratio of Auto and non Auto LR2's?????

If some are auto LR2's, you could breed these and try to produce a good batch of truebreeding LR2's.

I really only have 2 of these going and both are doing the same thing. I have 3 more seeds but I may just sit on them for a while.

I just don't have the time or the space to play with these. I have enough projects to last me for a year so I'd rather just put these out to pasture and move on.

So I planted them outside and one showed sex...male.

These were supposed to be LR2 fem. The other one might be a female. Mayby it will be good smoke?

that sucks...hard to get legit seeds. maybe just the one is a dud. I cant wait to grow autoflowers~

Latest posts

Back