When did you last stop?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HippyInEngland

Smoke Free Zone.
Reaction score
Hola guys :)

When was the last time you felt a need to stop Mary?

You can give your reasons or not.

It will be interesting to see when we last kept her on a back plate and didnt consume her plus for how long.

:peace:

5 years ago I quit for about 2 years. I was getting a bit paranoid and needed to focus on work.

I did. It was nice. Now I smoke and I'm happy. If that changes I'll stop again.

Can't see myself stopping growing though.

Currently still not smoking:cry: . It feels like it has been forever, but I just quit in May. I quit due to this new job I posted about a while ago, don't know when I will start again, but I do know that I will start again.:D

In 1995 I quit drinking and smoking. I lasted 7 yrs without smoking mj, and 11yrs without drinking.

I quit smoking mj for 2 1/2 weeks in August. :p Was wanting to get clean and find a job. Most places drug test around here.

Hey HIE. That's a really interesting question, and kind of a hard one. The last time I looked at weed and said "Screw it!" was in my pre-twenty years. That was quite a while ago. I went several years smoke free before even looking at it again. My first outdoor crop was when I was 16 so things were fairly consistant back then.

Then, the weirdest thing happened. Kids. Now there are a lot of reasons why I might say "pass".

Anytime my kid is sick, I am stone cold sober until it passes. I dunno, it's just a thing.

I don't drive stoned, period. There is WAY too much to risk (see above^^:D ^^)

So, even now there are situations that my 'responsible' self dictates that I stop, but nowadays it doesn't last as long;)

I quit about 22 years ago before the first kid was born.
Was a few occasions when I took a it or to if it was passed my way. Just to be social. Probably 20 hits total during that 22 year span.
Started back when the last kid left for college.

Just wanted to be better than to bring stuff like that around kids. When they had grown some I thought about starting back regularly. But the wife wouldnt let it, and said wait till they are grown. So I did. And lucky for yall, here I am now. Improving your skills with my superior intellect.

Every few years it seems I need to step back and get away from it for a while. In 2006 I stopped for almost a year until business plans put me in Amsterdam! lol... I knew I could have gone to A'dam and not smoked but I didn't want to! It helps me from time to time to clear my head and drop my tolerance a bit although the first few times I get baked it's WAY too intense. I like having a bit of a tolerance built up so I don't completely trip when I get high... No danger of that now! ;)

Peace!:cool:

I stopped about 4 years ago, against my will. It is just not available where I live. That is why I am here. I am eagerly looking forward to my first grow finishing. Just started flowering today!!!

I usally stop between joints ! So a couple of bongs in between usally suffices ! Peace and take care !

Good question, Hippy.

I'm with Spearchucker on this one. I had stopped for about 22 years also. The birth of my first child changed my world and the way I looked at everything. Can't say that it made me any better of a parent though. Worked too hard on the career and missed alot of great moments with my kids.

So 22 years later, when I finally came clean with that same child who had changed my world back then, and I confessed to him my earlier smoking days and ways (let's just say I was very involved), he changed my world again by offering me a hit off his joint.

Then he started me on growing.....

Then I found this place.......

and here I am today.

purplephazes said:
I usally stop between joints ! So a couple of bongs in between usally suffices ! Peace and take care !

Funny stuff Purplehazes!

Stoped for a year in '93. Was doing paper time fail drug test for 3 yrs before the judge wrote"If you fail 1 more test, I will send you to prison for your full sentence."

i havnt ,,,in 20 yrs ,unless you count sleeping 24 hrs :giggle:

,maybe i should just to see ,,

hmmmmm ,,,no ,,ill stay as i am,,:peace:

Stop Never, I would Starve and shiveral up like a Prune.:hubba:
Although the cops got me but the judge is the one that really stop me with a 1 yr sentance for going to Parties and driving sideways.:holysheep: that was over 15 yr ago...

Lesson Learnned

The early 80s was a period of massive change for me. Divorced, re-married, new job, new location. Somewhere in that time I quit smoking both tobacco and weed, and quit drinking booze. I re-started smoking tobacco about a year ago, cuz the docs had me convinced I was gonna die anyways. Started smoking weed again about 8 months ago, cuz all the meds the docs were scripting to me was making me... well, just too weird. I quit the script meds, got into a routine of weed that is doing wonders for me, and I'm thinking about cutting out the tobacco. Never did restart booze, and feel great about that. I'll recreationally sip a Bud now and then, but it tastes more like Clydesdale pee than it used to.

I'm getting ready to stop, does that count? I'm bookmarking all of the drug testing threads :). I need to reenter the work force but I need a job that doesn't involve too much work :hubba:.

I stop periodically, maybe once a year for a few weeks at a time.
Just a kind of "cleanse" . . . but I always go back and that 1st hit/high is better than ever!

Latest posts

Back