When to LST?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wargasm123

Reaction score
How many nodes should I wait for before starting LST? my new plants are about 3 weeks old. thankyou

Anytime now if you wish !.. but it is also recommended that you do it gradually and its advised to read some info in the resources link ! LST Guide Take care !

yeh i read the LST sticky above, but it was more a hydro discussion than a how to/ when to LST lol. can you point me in the direction of this guide you speak of ?

hello friend..it depends on what ya want to do..some do it early some late..Heres a link to one i did..and is how I do my mothers..unfortuneatly this one was Male..But that was a heres how thread..hope it helps..and feel free to PM me..as we have no thanks button:rofl: take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33507

I agree with 4U. It can be done at any time. I have seen a plant with 3 solid trunks coming out of the ground. It was topped at the second node and all 3 tops were tied to the ground about 6 inches from the trunk before it was allowed to grow. WIDEST plant I have ever seen outdoor (~10 feet wide, 7 foot tall).

Personally, I let the plants grow tall (2 foot), then strap them down. Each of my 4 plants lays on top of the next, in a square. Then I tie them into the middle to fill in. I tie them to the wall so they dont fall inward (it WILL happen to you when budding eventually) then use "yoyo's" to hang them from the roof.

IMO it doesnt matter as long as you vegg them up for a good while afterwords to allow the the new main branches to beef up before you flower.

Latest posts

Back