WHen To STart??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokeup420

Reaction score
hey lets say i live in...... illinois when should i start an outdoor plant? i keep seeing on seed sights finishes in september october, all varryed.and then theirs one thats not an auto thats 24'' n yeilds 200g.Iranian Short Season from dr cronic says it finishes in august.. if i were to geth that when would i start??? shoiuld i just subtract 4 months from it or what????

Place it in the ground on June 21st by the end of august it will be finished if it's the same one I looked at on Doc's website. 6/7week strain...take care..

Sir_Tokie said:
Place it in the ground on June 21st by the end of august it will be finished if it's the same one I looked at on Doc's website. 6/7week strain...take care..

ight cool thanks man, that gives me just enough time to order them n set up... now i were to just plant it in the ground w/o soil added?

I wouldn't wait until June 21st. It should be growing now in a pot, then transplanted out by Memorial Day. Find the best potting soil you can at a nursery or hydro store. It is definitely worth the trouble. ten bucks for soil= big smiles in September

420benny said:
I wouldn't wait until June 21st. It should be growing now in a pot, then transplanted out by Memorial Day. Find the best potting soil you can at a nursery or hydro store. It is definitely worth the trouble. ten bucks for soil= big smiles in September

just so u knowits a 6 week flowering stage plant.. annyways money aint an issue, its gettin the dirt n suplies to the site...but yea today i have a bunch of bag seed, i was just walkin n planted 18..., nuthin special n not even expecting many to grow..

I must have missed something. 6 weeks outdoors? From when? It's not like you can switch the sun to 12/12. Care to elaborate for me? What exactly are you growing?

lol idk if ima grow it or what , its called Iranian Short Season . idk how it work, it just has a fast n vicious flowering period, all it sayd is it finishes super early... so idk man sorry cant really say much more lol

Thanks, I will look that one up. Never heard of it. I can't imagine anything finishing that fast has any size to it, though.

I veg them outside then bring them in around july for dark period. Then set them back out. From last frost average is May 15th for Illinois area. I use the spring sun to veg lots of old seeds to see what happens.

Latest posts

Back