Mephisto 24KT Auto (feminized)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My FS pollen and TL pollen were both trash. Must not have dried it sufficiently. I had some 4 year old Twenty20 Mendo Cookie pollen though that was still powder. Pollinated one bud site. Probably more got some too as I could see grains floating away in the air when I brushed the bud. Oh well…
Watching, always wondered if pollen had a shelf life.

Bubba

Bubba
Big wondered that earlier in the thread too. No time like the present to try it out. I stored all the pollen in pill containers with a couple of desiccant pouches then in a zip lock bag with a larger desiccant pouch. Not sure why 2 of the pollens turned to slime other than I may have needed to dry it out more.

Bubba
If you dry it completely and freeze it dry then no. That said it will never be more potent than the first two weeks after harvest. I have seen articles that state mixing it with flour helps dry it and it’s still viable. I will be checking into that.

Note that it’s recommended to put it in your refrigerator for three or four days prior to freezing as it helps dry it.

If you dry it completely and freeze it dry then no. That said it will never be more potent than the first two weeks after harvest. I have seen articles that state mixing it with flour helps dry it and it’s still viable. I will be checking into that.

Note that it’s recommended to put it in your refrigerator for three or four days prior to freezing as it helps dry it.
I think @CrashMagnet mixed some with flower once

I think @CrashMagnet mixed some with flower once
I didn't have much luck with the flower. The pollen might have already been bad, though, or I may not have dried it properly. I was supposed to dry it in the oven at 350 deg for something like 15 minutes. I chose to stick it in the food dehydrator for a while which might not have done the job.

I didn't have much luck with the flower. The pollen might have already been bad, though, or I may not have dried it properly. I was supposed to dry it in the oven at 350 deg for something like 15 minutes. I chose to stick it in the food dehydrator for a while which might not have done the job.
The reason they require the refrigerator for 3-4 days is refrigeration dries. My thought is to spread it out over a flat glass surface while refrigerating to increase surface area. At the same time I will be drying the flour in another flat glass container. I will have to look up the weight/volume ratio for the mix when I do it. I will say botanists have been doing it this way for a hundred years

I would not put delicate pollen in any kind of heat….just my opinion

I only heated the flower, but the end result produced few seeds from the plants I pollinated with it. I know others have used it successfully, so I'm sure it was my modified technique.

Seeing some amber but I am shooting for some couch lock herb.
768F496A-3D64-4A15-AE5D-0147C46A60EB.jpeg
1824F21C-33E1-4642-8CA0-C73927A79313.jpeg
1F07F16D-CD8B-4AFB-86E6-DDA5A7C9D7B8.jpeg

Another week or so…

Yesterdays trichome check. A smattering of amber but I want more. 84 days since birth. I think Carty said something like 91 days due to it being a sat dominant pheno.
20A91529-E2BA-4F6F-8F11-0BAECFBA126C.jpeg
FBF8A8B9-E76F-4C98-9C64-413F60F1713C.jpeg

The Old Fogey Holey Weed plant is reaching the cotton ball stage. Saw some leafhoppers on the leaves. Soaked it good with Dr Zymes which is a citric acid based OMRI certified insect and mold control product. Fingers crossed…
C5DE09D2-3669-4263-906A-48A76DE9949C.jpeg

I have a sample bottle of Lost Coast I will mix up in a couple days if I continue to see bugs…

The Old Fogey Holey Weed plant is reaching the cotton ball stage. Saw some leafhoppers on the leaves. Soaked it good with Dr Zymes which is a citric acid based OMRI certified insect and mold control product. Fingers crossed…View attachment 339845
I have a sample bottle of Lost Coast I will mix up in a couple days if I continue to see bugs…
Zymes is good stuff!!

Zymes is good stuff!!
Have you used it during flower and if so, how late? I have used it for years and it eradicated the borg for me during a grow years ago. I know the acidity is supposed to kill PM but it seems to me that the PM may be dead but the PM residue remains. I heard Oxidate will carry the PM away as it evaporates but I am skeptical of that.

We sampled the buds I cut. Still not dry but dry enough to burn the trichomes. My wife liked how smooth it is which surprised me. Thought it would be harsh. Still grassy taste though. Mellow buzz without drowsiness(maybe because the trichs were mostly cloudy some clear). Saw some amber on the plants today. Under 5% I’d guess so another week or so…
a serious question ( first one this month) I have been putting cal-mag in my reservoirs in my earthboxes and vegipods.
the vegipods are outdoors. earthboxes indoors.
Does anyone use cal-mag outdoors?
I felt it was with LED lighting it was more needed

Have you used it during flower and if so, how late? I have used it for years and it eradicated the borg for me during a grow years ago. I know the acidity is supposed to kill PM but it seems to me that the PM may be dead but the PM residue remains. I heard Oxidate will carry the PM away as it evaporates but I am skeptical of that.
Have only used it indoors. For outdoors I usually use purecrop 1.

Latest posts

Back