When to trim?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldsman

Reaction score
When is the best time to trim your plant?I've read to leave the leaves on it when you hang it up to dry to protect the buds which seems to me would be messy to trim after it drys.I've seen pictures of plants being trimmed before they were actually cut down.I'm getting ready for my first harvest and just trying to get learnt on this before I have to attempt it.How do some of you do this step?

i left fan leaves on once, big mistake , major pain in azz,
i like to cut stalk at soil and hang upside down and trim immediately. jmo

I would definitely trim the leaves off immediately...much easier in my opinion. I've tried both ways and it's easier to trim when freshly cut. I just cut the whole plant into manageable pieces and trim away.. Get ready for sticky fingers and hours of work! Keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

I agree, trim when fresh, it is much easier, but also very sticky. I like to cut off the main cola, then cut right below each set of branches so they are in the shape a "V". It makes it easier to hang that way.

Fresh cut.jpg

I take the large fan leaves off right in the garden, let them hit the dirt. I dont save them. Before I hang them, I take the largest leaves in the buds. I leave the smaller ones that have trichs on them. Next I trim the trich covered leaves, saving them. I dry them on a paper plate. I have left them on and jared them up that whay, crumbling off the outer leave before I smoke it.
Definatley trim that plat fresh cut, lots easier than waiting.

Latest posts

Back