wheres our master paint blueprinters at? (? about air cooling the bulbs on my hps's)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aurora_Indicas_Dad

Legalize it in U.S.A.
Reaction score
hi thanks for comin to check out my thread.i decided to just go with batwing reflectors for my two 600 watt hps grow lights.i have 2 of the hurricane lamp shades from hobby lobby.im planning on buyin two or three of the 6 inch 250 cfm inline duct fans.was wonderin if anybody thats good w/ paint could draw me up a picture on the most logical way to run my flexible duct from my hurricanes/fans.i need the 2 be length wise due to the fact my system is 8 1/2 feet long,and 3 1/2 ft wide.(this is an igs sytem with my ststem i made myself for 10 hand fed plants at the end of it) total length is 8ft 6in. my room is 9ft wide and 11 ft long.with 1 window at the far end of the room.heres what i did on paint.what do ya think?
thanks as always for any help suggestions i can get on this.itd be easier to buy one hood that has an air cooled enclosed hood with the 2 openings on each end,but with havin 2 bat wing reflectors,i will need two ducts goin,or know there the most logical place to put the 6'' Y would be.
come on ladies and gentleman,its gettin close to showtime for me and am confused on the best way to set this ducting up for these hurricane cool tubes.
thanks alot for any help -peace P.s. hopefully this uploads this paint blueprint i did,not sure if i have to resize it or not

theres a thread here somewhere ..let me try my puter tech..cant promis nothin..

Take 6" flex from outside of home..conect inline before first light ....then flex from first light to the second light then second inline conect to flex and back outside of home...sounds easy huh?..if you can bring the air from outside threw the lights and back ouside HPS will then be almost cool to the touch...I think it was massproducerthat has a diagram..ill be back my friend

i dont think i can have just one duct going dues to the fact that i have batwing reflectors.wouldnt i have to have a duct hooked up to each hurricane/fan?i didnt have the funds to get one bat wing,and one euro hood with the 6'' flanges on each side.due to funds i had to get two batwing reflectors.

oh so the batwings only have one inline..does it have a glass cover? sorry if im no help..but hey Im taking back to the top huh? are you able to post a pic?..thanks

i will post a pic as soon as i can,stiull havent got my charger for my digital camra. its the same type of reflector that the $99 deal from insidesun.com has.check out insidesun.com and on their homepage there should be the 100 dollar hps hook up,mine are 600 watts,rather than 400 though.

no need for the pic I went to the site...i have the same one but mine is a 1000 HPS in my flower room...now i need to check your GJ..to get grow room size..I was able to put a 18x24 pc of tempered glass under my light and it did lower the temp a bit..I am looking to modify mine to spred more light out..my reflector is flaexable..yours is as well right?..mayB you can build a air cool hood for it..Im thinking now..look out...one that will allow air to flow threw it..Need to smoke a fat one real quik..ill be back..Thanks..Happy friday

can anybody chime in and tell me how i resize my picture i did on paint,so i can post what my lil plan is. (thanks)

open the pic in paint, at the top of paint you will see the word IMAGE, click it then click STRETCH/SKEW change the values from 100 to 50 in each one, then click the red X top right of paint as if your closing paint, it will ask you if you want to save changes, click YES, you have resized your image :)

Wow...Hey AID..is that a drawing of your room?...if so Im sorry but 2 @ 600 is a bit low on lumes for a 9 x 11 room...that needs 495,000 lumes..with the 2 @ 600 you that is only about half that...Hope this helps ..not sure how it can help with the air flow..but Good luck anyways..KEEP M GREEN

it sounds to me like you need to google how to build a cool tube, and you will be set. You could build two cool tube's for under 100$ or so. Anyways, mjp has some great threads on how to build em. You aren't going to be doing anything with those batwings man, unless u build cool tubes for the lights.I used to grow with a 250 hps in a batwing and you just cant' keep the reflector cool. But with cool tubes you can make your setup optimal.

Google it.

oh no,i know how to make the cool tube.i have two of them hurricane glass shades,(2) 6inch 250 cfm duct fans,and flexible duct.i was just tryin to figure out if anybody knew a way i could have one duct (cut in pieces if needbe to have both lights ducting outta the same duct..you see what im gettin at?? its kinda hard to explain,isnted of havin to duct two flexible duct,i wanted to know of a way i can just duct one,i also wanted to figure out a way to have the least amount of duct running in my growroom as possible. i hope this better explains what it is im lookin for.

as far as not havin enough lumens for a 8 1/2 long 3 1/2 ft wide system (actually 2 systems,but this is the length of both of em together. i'll have 50 plants in that area. im not seeking big fat bushes,a couple main colas on each plant would be more than fine.so two 600 watt hps grow lights will definitly be enough.my grow room is 9ft by 11 ft,only 8 1/2ft x 3 1/2ft of that is being used for my plants.anybody got some suggestions or wanna draw up a blueprint of how i can do this. if so i appreciate it alot.THANKS-peace

forgot to put this on the last message

my cool tube pic.JPG

yes i see. That's how i duct my lights in line...

open on the end of the very last light, ducted to the next light, and then ducted from the opening on the second light in the line to the fan, and then ducted to the exhaust and through the can filter in the attic.. Check out my grow thread in grow journals and study the pics. You will see how to hook it all up. The pics aren't in order totally, so just sift through em. I have lots and lots on the vent setup.

Oh and to the person who said you don't have enough light, technically he/she is right, however most growers don't grow in optimal lighting. LOL i had someone tell me the other day to cut back to one 600 in my 3x3 tent when i knew for a fact that i honestly didnt' have enough light, for my liking.

w/sf is a general measurement of what you should have atleast, but it's not completely accurate and not viable for every grower. You only run enough light that you can cool or afford man. period.Some advice is better to leave alone, just because it says that in ask ed or some other book doesn't mean that it's best for you .

There are other ways to increase yeild without adding lights.

i really wanted to have it like this,and then have the duct coming from the back of the socket,hooked up to the 2nd fan but the round part the socket is on,restricts air flow from going through the duct on that end.

my cool tube pic #2.JPG

no dude,its definitly enough light.maybe not enough for 50 big bushes,but for the size plants im gonna be doing,and when you take into count how many males i pluck,i'll only have my igs system (which hold fourty) probably half way full..two 600 watt lights are definitly enough.

i run air cooled hoods so i don't get that restriction. Maybe someone who does run air cooled tubes can comment. If it were me i would just take off the intake side of the tube and have it pull air from the room too, so no need for a second exhaust fan, pull air through the tube through the venting, which will be hooked to the intake side of the exhaust fan. Then hook the vent tubing onto the exhaust side of the exhaust fan and push air through to the attic and preferably through a carbon filter and out ur house.

This will eliminate the need for a second exhaust fan and second carbon filter.
Smell is prob the #2 reason why people get busted. Behind stealing electricity.

I wish i could draw it up for you.... maybe i can give me a min.

Latest posts

Back