wheres our master paint blueprinters at? (? about air cooling the bulbs on my hps's)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im gonna have two carbon scrubbers (like the one dltoker posted in the diy part of the forums) i see no need in running the air from the lights through a carbon scrubber,if your cool tube is sealed then why would you need to scrub the air,theres no smell to it,its just hot air.

I am useless with paint. My pics even though are used with air cooled hoods still show u what i am talking about. I wish i could draw it out for you on paint.But sadly i suk at it.

ill do some more searchin but i'll prolly just have to run two ducts,one for each light.

use ur imagination and replace my air cooled hoods with ur cool tubes...

in this pic it shows the reflectors and how i have em ducted together inline. the reflector on the left doesn't have anything over the other 6 in port and it pulls air from the inside of the tent.. in your case it would pull hot air over the bulb and out of the closet.
attachment.php

Okay, if you imagine this pic upside down u can see how i hooked the ducting to the back of the second light and then hooked up to the exhaust port on the tent. In your case you would hook it up to your fan next. Intake side of the fan.

attachment.php

Okay, you said u ducted a.c in there. This is how i hooked up to the vent.

attachment.php

From that a.c vent i ducted to the intake side of my intake fan... dumping air into the tent.

In your case you would just hook your fan onto that intake port by some ducting and forcing air into the room.

In the next pic you will see how the ducting goes up through the attic and hooked to the carbon filter . The ducting is run from the exhaust side of the exhaust fan.

Actually i will show u the air exhaust port first.
attachment.php

I hooked up to the back of the fan and to that port.

This i how i hooked to the other side of that port in the attic and then next to the carbon filter.

attachment.php

And to the filter

attachment.php

I hope these pics in this order will help[.... and remember use ur imagination.

thanks bro and i'll keep that design in my head,im rentin (town house) now so i wouldnt beable to duct through the ceiling like that,but once i get my own place,that'd definitly be the way to go.im havin to vent through my window (my growroom is upstairs)

this is the thing i created to beable to duct outta my window,so therell be no visible ducting comin from my window.the is mounted to my window.i used carboard,but you could use wood,drywall etc.the cardboard will do for me though.i coulda prolly used carboard instead of the plastic/mylar on it,but i didnt think of that until after it was built. (kinda high and forgetfull)

1234.JPG

my window is half way open and my blinds are half way,sometimes 3/4 of the way closed.i can get to window to change my blind setting by undoing one of the ducts.

ahh well that's easy. Build a light proof box over the window, leaving the window open about 3 inches or so and with the blinds almost closed. add some faux curtains in there for sound proofing. I would pull ambient air from the room and vent through that box you drew up.

I wouldn't pull and push air from the same box. I would pull air from the room for your intake for sure and only exhaust through that box . Instead of leaving one end of the cooltubes open hook that end up with some duct and to a carbon filter instead of the other side of the system.

THis way the air you push out that is scrubbed first. Pull intake from the ac.

exactly... draw your air in from the room... what do you think would happen if you passed COLD air from outside over your heated lights during fall/winter?

boom!

...and for your two lights hooked up to the cooling system, I would draw on both at the same time... not in series, so you can keep both lights at optimum temps - the cooler you keep them, the longer they'll last

im not runnic ac my friend (cant offord for the lights plus the ac to be runnin (my bill would be like $350)and if i needed to i could easilly pull fresh air though the side of this.i think this windows bigger than an average window.i'd just have my cool tube ducts hooked up higher than my intake. (remember,heat rises)but that if i even need an intake fan going.i can easilly open the door to get fresh air in,i'd just open up all my windows upstairs and thered be a breeze throughout my upstairs.i.m.o. my windows on my 2nd level so im workin with a little more fresh wind than if my room was to be on my main level of my house.

as for my cool tubes,ill be usin the the air in the room to run through them.ill just be ducting the hot air out.if i needed to,i could bring fresh air into the room by hooking up a duct fan/and some duct towards the bottom of this box,but i'd definitly not cool my lights with outdoor wind.i totally agree with ya crazy,not a good idea.

i would just stick with the batwing instead of doing that unless u buy a curved piece of metal to go over the tube.
Otherwise stick with the batwing

How did iu miss this thread? Well id draw you up somethin but im not at work and im on my pops PC. I jump on whgen hes not lookin, hes weird about his computer. If your still having problems on mon ill help ya out.. Sorry i cant do moor. Also i have no idea how you would hook those cool tubes up. Iv never seen a threadf where they did that. Post one so i can read up... L8r bro, good luck..

i agree,if i do do this,im definitly gonna use that pece of sheet meal as a reflector...i dont know though..im so confused as to what to do right now.i want to use my bat wing reflectors,but im not sure if i wanna have all the duct running everywhere for em,like i said,i'd rather have just one duct (cut if neccessary) to nent the hot air out...lol..i dont know,ill have to toke a blunt and see what i can draw up.im waitin to see what my boy timmy can draw up for me also.hopefully he has an answer for me...who knows,bout to roll up-peace

Ok i read the threaf,. why not do something like that?

i cant draw here, sorry. Im nothing without my AutoCAD

lol,speak of the devil.whats good bro? yea thats cool bro,i'll get at you monday,dont want pops catch ya. ill try to find more info on it,its kinda a pain the ace to find though.i mean,it'd be fine if they were hoods,but w/ these reflectors,its kinda hard to vent them out on both end of the socket.anyways,good lookin out timmy-peace dude

Timmyjg6 said:
How did iu miss this thread? Well id draw you up somethin but im not at work and im on my pops PC. I jump on whgen hes not lookin, hes weird about his computer. If your still having problems on mon ill help ya out.. Sorry i cant do moor. Also i have no idea how you would hook those cool tubes up. Iv never seen a threadf where they did that. Post one so i can read up... L8r bro, good luck..

Latest posts

Back