white widow care question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billyboy920

Reaction score
I am about to start my second grow using white widow seeds. My first grow was quite successful thanks to the great info I found on this site. I plan to use a soil-perlite medium and the same nutes and lighting (450watt son-agro) I used for my last grow, which was a northern lights strain.

I just read that white widow requires more care and attention than most other strains. So I would like to know what, if any, difficulties you all have encountered with this seed strain.

Just finishing up my 1st grow ever-it is WW. My limited experience with WW is that it doesn't like full strength nutes and is very sensitive to pH. When I do WW again, I'll use half the recommended strength of nutes (I'm using Fox Farms Grow Big, Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom). I'll also take extra care to get my pH right.

It seems to be a very hearty strain though-it's resisted all my attempts to kill it. I'm due for harvest any day now and the samples are nice!

AG

I'll get a pH meter when I get my new growing supplies and go easy on the nutes

Hi,

I had the same experience with WW... do go light on the nutes, even in veg. I don't know what kind of soil/perlite mix you're going to use but some of the 'hotter' organic soils can be too hot for seedlings and I even found that Foxfarm Ocean Forest was too strong for newly rooted WW clones. With seedlings from many strains started in FFOF you'll get some slightly nute burned leaf tips if used full strength. I'd go with a 50/50 FFOF or equivalent and something like Light Warrior to cut the strength of the FFOF and for added michorrizae to the substrate. This makes a great starter soil for seedlings and rooted clones. Within a few weeks they can handle richer soil so you can put some of the full strength FFOF deeper in the container if you'd like.

If you use a rich organic soil like FFOF during flowering with WW don't go any stronger than 1/2 strength and the optimum dosage may be closer to 1/3 strength. I had a Dutch Passion WW pheno years ago that thrived on 1/3 strength nutes and would show nute burn and slow down flowering if fed more. My buddy had a WW pheno that liked nutes a bit stronger than 1/2 strength so it may take some adjusting on the fly. WW isn't the easiest strain to grow but it is hardy and WW will tolerate fluctuations in the conditions while you get the learning curve for your pheno down.

WW requires a lot of patience if you want to get the optimum buzz. Plan on 10-11 weeks before nice ambering of the trichs occurs.

Happy Growing!:cool:

:yeahthat: i had /having the same issues ,,very sensitive ladies ,,,rejecting everything i m giving them ,,,goodluck because the smoke is worth the trials and tribulations :peace:

dirtyolsouth raises a good point. Now I am a novice gardener so I might be better off doing a completely nutrient free medium of 1/3 peat moss, 1/3 pearlite and 1/3 vermiculite. That way I would have better control of the nutrient balance. Does this make sense?

My first grow: FFOF + all 6 FF nutes (per FF's schedule but only feeding every other watering) + ph in the low 6's + (4) WW + (2) crystal (WW/NL) + (1) Sativa bag lady + (2) 600 watt HPS = 1 1/2 pounds of real-kill stash.

Peace and luck.

Latest posts

Back