Why cant we.....just asking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcooper1

Reaction score
I was wondering why we cant post 1 picture in 2 different parts of the form? I tried to put the same pic in 2 diferent threadsOne was my thread and 1 was some one elses.....
just wondering
thank you for your time
Have a great day

the way you get around this, is by going to your attatchments and finding the pic you want to use again in a different thread and delete it from the old thread, then upload it again to yer new thread :D

the reason is the server won't allow you to upload the same file twice

System does not rename files and does not resizes it so only one instance of a given name can be stored.

Some configurations will allow system to rename and resize file so all files will be uniform in maximum dimensions and will be randomly renamed upon upload.

Least you can do these on SMF Forum systems, I am inexperienced in vBulletin so that is all I can say.

That crazy vancouver guy said:
the way you get around this, is by going to your attatchments and finding the pic you want to use again in a different thread and delete it from the old thread, then upload it again to yer new thread :D

the reason is the server won't allow you to upload the same file twice
Thank you...I will do that:doh: ...I should have thought of that:doh:

bombbudpuffa said:
Make a copy of the file and it will let you use the copy;).
I tried that but it wouldnt let me post the same pic for some reason

Thank you everyone for the answers....i think...i will go post a picture....:eek:

Yo Ho,

There is a way around this, and it is simple. Go into the file on your puter that has the pic, open it with something like paint shop pro, and using a small brush or pencil make a small un-noticed mark on the pic down in a corner, then hit save as. This alters the photo enough for the puter and MarP to recognize it as a different pic. Have fun, I do it all the time, like when I toss some green mojo out to someone.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

KingKahuuna said:
Yo Ho,

There is a way around this, and it is simple. Go into the file on your puter that has the pic, open it with something like paint shop pro, and using a small brush or pencil make a small un-noticed mark on the pic down in a corner, then hit save as. This alters the photo enough for the puter and MarP to recognize it as a different pic. Have fun, I do it all the time, like when I toss some green mojo out to someone.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna
COOL...Thank you so much I will try that...If you are in the mood to toss some green mojo I would love some green mojo for luck :D I need all I can get....
have a great day/night

:hubba: :ignore: :holysheep:

Latest posts

Back