Yellowing clones...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Six

Perfect smile..chronic...
Reaction score
Ok, so here it is....i have gone against all odds here in hopes of saving a couple of plants for another run...at aprox 4 weeks and 4 days into flowering, i took several clones from a couple of my favorite girls...mind you, these clones were only 1-3 inches at best....i put them in a perlite wick system until they showed a nice healthy tap root growing and then put them into my growing medium (spagnum moss, forest compost, and perlite) and they are yellowing pretty good....they are 10 days old as of right now...im seeing some positive signs like leaves standing up and the smallest leaves are staying green...but im starting to sweat it a little bit...i still keep them covered in a humidity dome but i give them fresh air a couple of times a day, i have reduced my misting to a minimum of a couple times a day too....does anyone have any advise to increase my survival rate here before its too late?

Pics man would be nice :)

So is that 10 days since you cut the cutting or ten days from putting in the medium?
Have you got em on nutes yet?
Mine are on nutes from getting roots :)

Whats the Ph of your soil? Thats the first thing I would check, if PH is good then give it some 1/4 strength nutes, all my clones will yellow unless I give em some nutes as soon as they have roots...

I clone in soil and I moisten soil with 1/4 strength nutes as soon as I cut clones from mother... Go to this thread and scroll down to see pics of some of my clones... http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42786

Reactions: Six
yellowing is normal but as long as you keep your clones in minimal light and not to soaked , youll be fine. Once you transplant it , things will get better with the new growth.

We are talking 10 days since cuts were taken...they have been in the medium for about 4 of those days...developed roots around day 6....here are a few pics...workin with a cell phone atm for pics so they are not very good...

Hmmmm some of your leaves are twisting, could be the PH, however two of your clones that have a couple more nodes than the others are yellowing from the bottom up, thats a classic sign of (N) difficiency...

PH is around 6.3, no nutes as of yet....took them out of the perlite wick system 4 days ago and put them in the growing medium (after tap root was developed but no hairs on the taps yet)...was worried about burning the developing roots...i did however soak them with willow water this morning....

You need to be knowing your ph of soil and water by look of em.

Willow water? Thats me lost lol
IS this organic grow then cos i'll be lot if it is :p

Been hittin them with 6.0 water, soil is about 6.3.....its stubborn

6.3 is a little low for the PH, next watering I would add 1/4 strength nutes adjusted to 7.0 ph, then the next 2 waterings water with 7.0 ph water, that should bring it up to the right range... Ph of soil should be 6.5- 7.0

willow water...yep organic...but not a total organic grow...you take the tips off a willow tree and soak them in water for about 24 hours...water turns purple, weirdest thing i ever saw...check it out, its a good read

hxxp://www.bluestem.ca/willow-article1.htm

when i clone, i usually can take up to 98 at 1 time. i clone them in a dome in the cubes til they root, then i decide if i want to go hydro, or put the cubes in dirt. always mix food light and soak the cubes and drain off excess. make sure you use the 8 inch domes and put slits in each corner. every day wipe the condensation off the inside of the dome. 100% return in 7-10 days.:hubba:

6.0 water isnt good for soil, 6.5-70... I adjust to 7.0 all the time because my soil likes to turn acidic so I counter act it withbeing slightly more alkaline...

MindzEye said:
6.0 water isnt good for soil, 6.5-70... I adjust to 7.0 all the time because my soil likes to turn acidic so I counter act it withbeing slightly more alkaline...

My girls in flower seem to like 6.5 better than 7.0...so naturally i just assumed these would be the same (they are clones of those)...i will try it though with some 1/4 strength nutes at next watering and see what happens...you dont think the nutes at this point will burn the little hair roots?

No they are looking for nutes, you are using a soil less mix, so it contains no nutes... You use a different mix than I do I was just saying to give it 7.0 water to raise your PH a bit, and since I use a different mix I have to treat it different to maintain my 6.5 PH, you will have to play around to find the sweet spot for your soil...

How a good rumage round in the resource section, links near top of page if you not noticed it.
A proper wealth of info in there if you look for it.
In the trouble shooting section there a few charts and all sorts of good info :)

Latest posts

Back