You smoke at work?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ftw2012

The end is near!
Reaction score
so how many people have no problem smoking at work? im lucky enough to work in agriculture and i can easily get away with smoking at work. what does everyone think about that? or about smoking at work?

I have done it maybe 2 times in the last yr, both times when there was just absolutely nothing going on, and I did it to fight the boredom...normaly I'm against it, but only because like driving and what not, it's just not safe in my line of work. I want to be on my toes.

I am a UPS driver and smoking during work has never even crossed my mind...I don't smoke and drive period...on or off duty...I cld not imagine killing someones kid....

I used to burn alot when i was a telemarketer bc we got a break every 1.5 hrs... It def helped selling/talking to people 3x my own age...

Nope. I have had jobs when I was younger where it was ok, but now is totally out of the question. I have had to fire people for doing this. I know that just sounds wrong, but company policy is company policy. They all knew that going in.

LOL.. when I was a kid...lol...I smoked all the time. I had a job at a shell gas station when I was in high school, and had just went in the stock room to smoke a bowl, just as I walked out of the room, a car smashes through the glass front double doors, little balls of glass flying everywhere. It turned out to be a buddy of mine, and he's all "don't call the cops"...Like dude, what am I supposed to do...I got to call the cops...lol. I told him to get the hell out of here, and I'll tell the cops I was in the bathroom, and I heard a big crash and got back out to the store as fast as I could...this was the late 80's we didn't have a whole lot of survelience cams yet...none in this store...but what a trip, haveing to call my boss and dealing with the cops all baked out of my gourd....ahhh to be 17 again!

Self employed...need say more. I don't do it all the time. when i need to dig in for creativity or if not much going on that day. or if my back is hurting.
and yes i work around dangerous equipment that i could easily lose a finger or something. I also work in front of a computer designing. depends what part of the job i'm in. I don't get high like most...guess i been smoking so much for so long i don't even notice it like i used to when young. just a couple of puffs nothing really gonzo...i save that for weekends ;)
No when other people are at risk i'm stone cold sober. but even my friends can't tell when i'm high or sober.

No - not now that I work from home. I already have trouble staying motivated just because no one's looking. BUT the last job I had I burned one every lunch hour for 7 yrs. It got me through the rest of the day.

^hahahaha! crazy story LF.
^Hamster you're a UPS driver?? i always thought they got tested. all the freight truckers that come to my work get tested, maybe its just freight? may have to look into that...

my boss smokes weed (which i get for him) in the bathroom. but this is my buddy since second grade's family business, my boss being his step dad, so it's not THAT cool or out of the ordinary lol...
but i still dont smoke at work often. its not that i cant get away with it, but shipping heavy furniture all day is just not fun high.

besides, i'm sure some of you will agree that the "ive been working for the past 8 hours and havent smoked weed all day" bong rip when you finally get to the house is soooooo worth the wait.

chuckdee123 said:
^hahahaha! crazy story LF.
^Hamster you're a UPS driver?? i always thought they got tested. all the freight truckers that come to my work get tested, maybe its just freight? may have to look into that...

Package car drivers don't need a CDL...No CDL means no random drug tests...my company is cheap...they wld not want to pay for the testing...If you hve a CDL you are subject to Random tests by the State i believe...so the state pays for it...

Depends on the day, but frankly I'm a long time-habitual smoker. (I ebb and flow through different levels of it though)

BUT
, there's a HUUUGE difference between getting stoned and getting obliterated. I never get obliterated anymore during job. I couldn't deal with all the super craziness that arises.

I'm actually pretty lucky because my job is extremely specialized (i would have to guess everyone there must know I'm a stoner) but my skills, level of experience, and longevity of respect always seem to balance the scale for me. The BIG boss and the middle boss both seem to straight up ignore it. Hard to miss, there are times i have to step up into the upper ranks and deal with doctors and such. Must be obvious to everyone. But i don't care really. I do my job and i do it well.

I work at an "organic" grocery store which is in to holistic health and all that jazz so there's zero drug testing. I never, ever get baked at work but a couple one-hits on breaks and a small bowl full for lunch allows me to deal with the self-important assbags that shop in our store.

i wake n bake but cant get too stoned kinda dangerous but i cant say i havent just gotta keep myself on edge

I always smoked in peoples back yard when i worked doing lawn care....a joint to start the day and my one hitter all through the day

I go through periods where I smoke before work, and rarely smoke at work; whereas, there are other times when I only smoke after work. I rarely I enjoy being baked at work. If I'm taking classes at the local community college, I smoke only twice a week, and never at work.

I once worked in a furniture factory. At 6:45 am, while in transit to work, my buddy and I would smoke a phatty to start the day off smartly. However, this got to be a drag, because we would likewise, smoke at 9:20 am break, noon, and at 2:20pm. Then, we'd go home wash up, eat, and go out and party. Those days are long gone.

nvthis said:
Nope. I have had jobs when I was younger where it was ok, but now is totally out of the question. I have had to fire people for doing this. I know that just sounds wrong, but company policy is company policy. They all knew that going in.

:yeahthat: I don't do it nor would I tolerate it from employees. If I catch them, I fire them. Same thing goes for alcohol or any other mind altering substance.

I know this won't be the popular opinion, but mj does affect motor skills. Just as your employer has an obligation to pay you for the work you do- you have an obligation to always do the best job you can do.

I own my own business, and when someone performs below the level of expectation commensurate with compensation- I'm being stolen from- because I don't say well, you didn't work very efficiently or hard today, so I'm only paying you half your normal rate. How quick do you suppose that employee would be calling the labor board? It's a 2 way street. I pay a fair wage, I expect a fair day of effort.

I'm strictly speaking about recreational use here- not medicinal. I'm not trying to compare medication with partying.

HamsterLewis said:
I don't smoke and drive period...on or off duty...I cld not imagine killing someones kid....

:yeahthat: too!

End of Rant. Please resume normal programming.

I have fired/had more problems with straight people then with mj users.

Some stoners are real idiots and come in to work blasted and reeking so bad something has to be said, but most come in happy do their job and leave without all the lolly gagging/whining that most idiot straight people come up with.

I am a self employed business owner and smoke according to the type of day ahead.

I too am self employed and like BBFan I don't do it in the work place and if anyone else did they'd be fired on the spot. I don't even need to "catch" anyone. Everyone who works for me has a CDL and is subject to random drug testing. No one in the company ( except me of course) goes longer than 5 weeks without being tested. Even when people go on vacation they wizz in the bottle thier first day back to work.

I tried it a couple of times years ago, but i found i just get
tired and hungry, so i dont bother, also like mentioned above
when you do finally get home you can blast off.

I work an office/desk type job and I do not smoke before or during work, even if I work from home. It is against company policy and I have a responsibility to my employer to follow policy. I don't drive stoned either.

I have a slight case of bipolar disorder and smoking weed helps me to focus as evidenced in college classes. I graduated with a straight 4.0 and the work took a lot less time and was better quality (more focussed and "out of the box") when done under the effects of weed because I could concentrate better. But I am not kidding myself, stoned is stoned.

If there is a creative project at work I am stumbling with, I might work on it weekends at home stoned on my own time. Creating training modules is an example. This is really for my own enjoyment and if the company gets the benefit of a better product great.

Latest posts

Back