Doc Chronic Master Kush Grow Newb Grower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Papaya123

Reaction score
Well I have waited and now I have begun my grow journey.
Materials:
Doc Chronic Master Kush
Ebb n Flow, 25 gal res with a 3xx4 tray
Rockwool
1k watt ballast with 1k watt MH (Metal Hailde) Bulb
3 in 1 meter
GH Boost Bloom and Grow
Mylar (Still need to biuld my tent, gonna get to that tonite)
I went to the hydro store and this guy tries to slap me with all these things
that i felt was not necessary. He tried to get me to buy a inline fan with a filter and a co2 reg and tank which i did not buy. I was planning to use a couple of reg house fans for exhaust and cooling and for the co2 ( after reading a doing some research) i probably wont need that until nearing my flowering stage (please contradict, im all up for advice) and he also told me about this certain pharmy nute called Top secret, if anyone has heard any feedback or has used it please tell me your opinion on it. My friend also tells me about not exposing the roots to any light since it will shock the plant or roots and will probably end up dying, i kind of doubt that because of all the pics ive seen in these forum where ive seen fellow members takes pictures of the roots and being exposed to light. well anywys here is my day one progress, not much but hey not really much to describe on my progress since its only day one ^^
Day one
Purchased all my material and began on the germination process by using the paper towel and a freezer bag.

Good luck, and I'm not sure 100% but the only time I have used CO2 was during flower. And I have never heard of Top Secret:cool:

I have some germed seeds that i started about a week ago. I used the shot glass with water technique on one of the seeds just to experiment, the seeds popped very well then i transfered the seed to a paper towel where the growth rate increased. I popped the 9 seeds into the shot glass untill i saw mm long white tail then transfered into a paper towel, yesterday i set them up in a propagation tray with the mini cylinder shaped rockwools. I soaked the rockwool in a ph balanced water of 5.5 (give or take) last night. The first seed that was germed are growing quite well, i got 2 lil leaf buddies that just sprouted, the other seeds grew at a faster rate in the rockwool after i set them in, after one night the half of the 9 seeds are already about to shed their shell and the other half have a healthy looking root growth. The prop tray was about only 8 US and the rockwool cylinder ran about 9 US. If u want to use it make sure u soak the rockwool in a ph balnced water for about 40 minutes then stick the seeds in there. I currently have a flouro light about 12 inches from the top of the rockwool.

I will get some pics when i have the chance asap

Hell yea man. Any kind of Kush is so so nice. I'll be looking forward to seeing these mature. Best of luck Papaya.

Thanks for your luck guys! Hopefully i can show u guys some great smoke after im done. Well here are the pics i promised, the 1st pics is at 7days old from seed till now. Im still witing for the rest to look like pic one. I have a blue aquarium light over it for now until i can transplant it into my ebb n flow sytem under a 6oo watt ballast with a Metal Halide Bulb. I currently have a 1k watt but im going to return it for a 600 since i forgot to take the electric bill into consideration. Well here a pic of my tray and 7 day result from one of the seeds. The stems is about 2 inches, seems kinda long in my opinion, i was thinking about putting the light closer so that way i wont have any tall lanky plant but instead short bushy ones. Advice is much appreciated.

sprouted1.JPG

IMG_1240.JPG

IMG_1238.JPG

Im gonna start biuding my tent soon with a bunch of 2x4's and mylar and i will get some pics of that soon. If there are anything im doing wrong please tell me, great advice would be needed for great plants thx^^

You should get an inline fan if your using the 600 or 100, the CO2 is not necessary but if you want to keep the temps in check you need to vent the hot air out of the grow room.

thx gagja and big buds, your repsonses are very appreciated. Bigbuds i will keep you informed on the grow, advice would be great since this is my first time, im thinking about tranplanting the big to the ebb n flow sytem and start feeding it after another week.

I will be pulling up a chair to watch your grow. I wish I could help you more but I'm useless when it comes to hydro. I will try my best though. Keep us posted on your progress. Take care and be safe.

Well got a 600w MH conversion bulb almost done with my tent, beeeeeen reeeeeeeaaaaallllly lazzzzzzzzzy.

Last pic of rockwools soaking in a 6.0 ph balanced water. Im going to get the mylar walls up when i transplant everything. The biuld looks kinda amatuer but eh im proud of it lol

051.jpg

052.jpg

053.jpg

054.jpg

055.jpg

056.jpg

057.jpg

How close do you have your light? And which light re you using right now????

I'm right there with ya on that one. Patience is the key but we are all so anxious right? Haha, keep em growin. :)

Latest posts

Back