prune or not????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

andy52

my girl is in flower for 3 weeks now.i would like to know if it would be ok to cut the larger fan leaves,so as to give more penetration.the large fans seem to make a lot of cover.just a thought.sure would let more light to the flowers.thanks all

All leaves are needed, what your asking is if you cut leaves off then the lower buds can ripen too, leave the leaf in place, harvest the plant in 3 sections, harvest the top third, then let the middle buds ripen, harvest the middle section and let the bottom buds ripen, this way you get the plant giving all its energy to the top cola.

No, the fan leaves are the solar panels of the plant. They are where you want the light to hit, not the flowers.

But don't go and chop off all the flowers, so that light hits the fan leaves.. that'd sort of defeat the purpose. ;)

:)

Do not cut off the big fan leaves.

late in flowering.. those are the leaves the plants
eat first to make your buds bigger and better.

I let t hem fall off by themselves.. or tap it and make it fall off.
if you have to "PULL" it off. plant is still using it..

ok,when i harvest the top 3rd,can i then thin out the fans also towards the top?then the middle section,etc. appreciate the advice.hopefully get this grow under my belt.got a trip coming up to amsterdam and gotta trust my girl with the care of my new babies.

i wouldn't remove anything during flowering unless it to harvest. your plant needs all the leaves to convert light to energy any cutting during flowering can cause your plant to hermie. jmo

Im trying the harvesting 1/3 at a time on a plant now. so far its working fine. i didn't know if anyone else did this or not but im glad you said it hippy.

andy52 said:
ok,when i harvest the top 3rd,can i then thin out the fans also towards the top?then the middle section,etc. appreciate the advice.hopefully get this grow under my belt.got a trip coming up to amsterdam and gotta trust my girl with the care of my new babies.

:shocked:

Good luck :eek:

The above is correct :)

appreciate the inf guys,i learn something here everyday.my eyes are like i was in college.tired from reading,lolthanks

Actually, it is not a good idea to pull, cut, or trim anything off your plants while in flowering.

what would i do without all of you.my plant would be dead by now if left to my stupidity.many thanks to all of you.

so if im reading this right. i can chop the top of my girl. start my drying. wait about a week or 2 and take the next set down. then in another 2 weeks take the last of her to make the most of all the buds?

city said:
so if im reading this right. i can chop the top of my girl. start my drying. wait about a week or 2 and take the next set down. then in another 2 weeks take the last of her to make the most of all the buds?

Yup, just snip the buds off that are ready. If you take more then the buds off I'm sure it will cause much unneeded stress and stop any possible growth for a day at least. It will never be ready for the same time of harvest.

Latest posts

Back