Odor Eliminating CFLs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

The Hemp Goddess

I just ran across these CFLs. I had not heard of them before. Has anyone tried them?

hXXp://www.goodmart.com/products/567646.htm

very interesting but $17 for 1 bulb

1850 lumens

too rich for my blood right now, i'll see if they catch on and the price drops

You can buy a Febreze activated-charcoal odor eliminator with an internal fan, for $15 from Walmart. I just bought one, and for the price, I recommend it. Granted, a 4 pack of filters is also 15 bucks. It comes with one filter in the package.

What I'm getting at is you could buy one and a CFL for about the same price.

84VW said:
very interesting but $17 for 1 bulb

1850 lumens

too rich for my blood right now, i'll see if they catch on and the price drops

Well, if I purchased one of these, it wouldn't be for the lumens--it would be for it's odor eliminating ability. Carbon and carbon filters are really quite expensive.

TheEnhancementSmoker said:
You can buy a Febreze activated-charcoal odor eliminator with an internal fan, for $15 from Walmart. I just bought one, and for the price, I recommend it. Granted, a 4 pack of filters is also 15 bucks. It comes with one filter in the package.

What I'm getting at is you could buy one and a CFL for about the same price.

I'll check it out. I have an Ozium thing near the main hallway in my house. I have never seen a really reasonable priced activated-charcoal filter.

Here it is...
hXXp://www.shop.com/+-a-febreeze+odor+eliminator-p60045162-q-k24-skipn-st.shtml

For some reason, I couldn't find it on the Walmart site, but it was like $15. It was on the same aisle as the shop lights, which is how I noticed it.

The one I bought didn't have the night light, so it was cheaper.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I'll check it out. I have an Ozium thing near the main hallway in my house. I have never seen a really reasonable priced activated-charcoal filter.

Well, the one I mentioned should be perfectly adequate for your little SCROG room, but for the 1000 room, it won't be adequate.

I have one in my closet with my 400, and it really helps, but doesn't completely eliminate the odor. Then again, I am two weeks into flower with Super Skunk, so I don't know what would fix that, other than really some expensive piece.

Not worth the extra cost. Pretty much need an exhaust fan regardless of smell because the air needs to be removed and refreshed. Good idea though.
If they were the same cost as reg bulb,,, and would make your Charcaol filter last longer,,cool,,other wise,,to much money for the return.:D

The odor eliminating cfl is coated with titainium dioxide. Ti
O2 is used as a catalyst in chemical reactions. So it should work. Just as a side note, when they first messing with soild rocket fuels. Titainium was used because it is pyrophoric. Aberdeen proving ground took out 4 building with a mixture of Ti and lox.

Latest posts

Back