WRITE TO THE PRESIDENT ON JAN 20th, 2010

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I AM GOING TO WRITE A LETTER TO THE PRESIDENT ON JANUARY 20th, 2010

• YES, I AM GOING TO WRITE A LETTER

• NO, I AM NOT GOING TO WRITE A LETTER

Results are only viewable after voting.
P

POTUS

If you are going to write a letter to the President of the United States of America on January 20th, 2010 to tell him you want Marijuana legalized for all users if it and to allow the growing of a personal use amount, then VOTE YES.

If for some reason you won't be writing a letter, then vote no.

If you click on the number of people in each yes or no vote, you'll see the member names of who voted.

lady rasta will write it i will sign it,(sorry i have not been around) ,,,,,,,,,,,,,p,l,r

I'm not an American... Don't live in the US... Never been there...
Somehow I feel that if MJ gets legalized in the US many European countries might follow. My home country Bulgaria is being Americanized so fast that I think anything the US does will be welcome where I come from... It will be good to follow the US on something positive for once...
I have some mates who live in the US.. I'll try and get them to send a letter to that new thief in charge!

Nice thread POTUS!
I'll stay subscribed to this one ;)

I will write a letter but the funny thing is I dont know where to send it. In my letter I will say That this prohibition is crazy as so many benefit from mj. I mean I have read how certain strains help with migraines and other pains. I have had a headache before and aspirin did not help but mj did. They really need to out law peanut butter!LOL!!!

The letter doesn't need to be formal or in a business format. It needs only to contain a clear statement that you think marijuana should be legal for people who wish to use it and that growing it for your own personal use should also be allowed. As long as those two ideas are clear in it, then that will make it clear.

As for the address of the White House...

The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500

Mr. President,

I am a citizen of the United States of America, of voting age, and I wish to make my opinion clear to you about the laws in our country concerning marijuana usage.

I firmly believe that marijuana should be legal to use and governed by the same laws that concern alcohol consumption.

I also believe that a private citizen should be able to grow their own marijuana in an amount sufficient to supply them with enough for their own personal use.

Please, Mr. President, enough of our county's resources have been wasted on the futile effort to control the use of this harmless plant. Enough of our citizens have suffered legal action as a result of using this plant.

Please use your Executive Powers to stop the senseless persecution of the citizens who choose to use this plant for both medical relief of pain and suffering as well as a method of mild, relaxing, recreational enjoyment.

If commercial production were to be allowed, controlled and taxed for sale to the public in the same manner as alcohol, the revenue produced from the jobs created and the profits from it's legal and taxed sale would also help our country revive from this recession.

Thank you for your attention to this needless waste of the taxpayers money, the Governments resources and billions of dollars that could be better used in other venues.

DO NOT SEND ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE.

You have said nothing about using or growing marijuana yourself. You have not implicated yourself as a user or grower. This is important.

Please hand print this clearly. Take your time and make it very legible and easy to read. This is also important.

Thank you all,

StoneyBud

kalikisu said:
I will write a letter but the funny thing is I dont know where to send it. In my letter I will say That this prohibition is crazy as so many benefit from mj. I mean I have read how certain strains help with migraines and other pains. I have had a headache before and aspirin did not help but mj did. They really need to out law peanut butter!LOL!!!

It shonuff helps with my chronic pain (spinal disc fusion w/ hardware):p :bong:

Dear Mr. President,

Lead the nation by example. If you have smoked bud, then we by all means should have that right.

Every American is created equal, every chance to get high is not.

Right on!!!

My letter is ready.

GREAT idea POTUS

POTUS said:
Tell 5 to tell 5 to tell 5... we have almost a year.

Done. :aok:

I sent out an e-mail to my buds right after that last post. :cool2:

I can think of several reasons I've thought over sending this letter and thinking maybe it wasn't a good idea for me before I ever posted the idea.

I run/own a pretty large business. It employees a lot of people. Most of these people would drop a big one in their drawers if they knew I smoked weed.

I've thought about "What if Obama gets pissed and tells the FBI to investigate "every one of them". If my involvement was recognised in my areas of work, it could ruin me.

That alone almost made me stop.

At that point, only the person who it will affect has any real say in how they think on that.

I said "Screw it" I have enough money. I'm an old bastard, as I've been told recently, and there is a chance that my employees might mostly not care.

I've thought about retiring at 80, but I think I'd get bored. My letter will be sent at high noon, January 20th, 2010. That's when my mail is picked up by the person taking it to the main post office.

I also thought about my family. I have another great-great coming soon.

Hell, if one of my little ones were to be abused by someone making fun of her/him because of what I did, it would ruin me.

Then I thought as I always have; "I'll speak to them as one person to another and explain the entire situation to them." It's always worked so far, so why would it matter then?

January 20th, 2010, my letter to President Obama is on it's way. I doubt my letter will ever even be looked at by the President, but I think it's subject matter will be counted and relayed to him as a running total.

For those who have chosen to never do this, I understand that each of us has their own reasons for doing what we do. I respect yours.

Peace

I now have ten letter ready to mail! By different people of corse.We put forever stamps on them to keep from paying to PO its raise in postage. Even if the Pres. does not read the letters he will hear about them.

If ayeone has PRESS connections should ask them to"Ask the Pres., If he received our letters?"

If Marijuana Users vote together, Who could defeat us? or our choice for laws?

ozzydiodude said:
I now have ten letter ready to mail! By different people of corse.We put forever stamps on them to keep from paying to PO its raise in postage. Even if the Pres. does not read the letters he will hear about them.

If ayeone has PRESS connections should ask them to"Ask the Pres., If he received our letters?"

If Marijuana Users vote together, Who could defeat us? or our choice for laws?
I gotta tell you man, you've twisted my mind. I'll never be the same. Wouldn't it be cool to actually hear Obama's thoughts...prolly scare the chicz outta most of us...imagine what he hears now... lions and tigers and bearssssss

POTUS said:
I gotta tell you man, you've twisted my mind. I'll never be the same.

I hear that a lot. If you spend a couple of day around me, the minimun stay at the "nut house" is six months. Any longer means you will be my follower forever.EVIL:rofl: :rofl:

Most smokers of herb, say they will do something, then smoke a doobie and forget about it. I pray that does not happen to this letter sending plan.

I have told my friend to write the letter and I will pay postage, and see it gets mailed. I am trying for 100 letters as that is the number of stamp in the rool i bought.

I think this is a good concept. However I do wonder if other groups should be encouraged to join. I would think that the Norml org would have a larger politically motivated group then this board does (no offense to anyone intended).

Personally my greatest fear of the letter, would be that I only know of this site participating and as fellow growers that we may be fish in a barrel. However if we had a bigger barrel or more fish then I would feel a lot better about the odds.

TentFarmer said:
I think this is a good concept. However I do wonder if other groups should be encouraged to join. I would think that the Norml org would have a larger politically motivated group then this board does (no offense to anyone intended).

Personally my greatest fear of the letter, would be that I only know of this site participating and as fellow growers that we may be fish in a barrel. However if we had a bigger barrel or more fish then I would feel a lot better about the odds.
Thanks man, after you've spread the word of it to other places, let us know where you've sent it. Your letter to Norml is a great idea. Have you sent it yet?

Latest posts

Back