here is how to grow "single cola only monsters"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

JBonez

This is the easiest and most effective way to grow more plants effectively that i have possibly seen.

More plants= more bud with the same light compared to less plants and training.

enjoy!

hxxttp://www.freecannabis.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64

That was interesting. Has anybody done this recently? Does it work with Sativa, too? The writer only spoke of using it for Indica strains.
How much weight do you get from one of those "baseball bats"? Clearly you could get a LOTTA plants under one light. Id like to hear from someone's who's done it?

Lass

hey bonez is that jp or ma in your avatar?

i wondered how some grew them single cola lookin bad mommas... now i know lol. thx bonez.
so far im a fan of the tien em down method(LST)
i topped 2 an they cam in like expected (jus fine double tops on em now) but the tops new tops seem a bit flimsier than the single top ones.
cant say i dig toppin or not really but i can say i have successfully topped a plant without kilin it. lol.
actually i just grabbed the tips an pinched em off wit my fingernails an that was it an 2 weeks later got two more fuill tops. really no skill involved if ya ask me. lol
but i do wanna try these single cola tyle one time.
i guess maybe i am a control freak. lol i like the idea of manipulating the way they grow i guess. just might be my calling on the mj growin deal i think.

Kool link JBonez I myself have done this in the past, but only on outdoor grows makes it eaiser to hide the plant. And yes they will get as big if not bigger than baseball bats. Done them in my veggie garden, from 20 feet away they did'nt even look like traditional MJ plants...take care..PS David Gilmour/Pink Floyd ROCK....

JBonez said:
sorry, its david gilmour.

Glad you guys liked the link.

It really looks a lot like Kurt Cobain right before the big bang. Very weird.

Back in the day, we grew only in 4'x4' trays with 4" rockwool cubes.
We would throw 40 in a tray and strip em up so that only the Main stalk was left. We allways acheioved our weight goal and the herb was just fine.

Now that the law has changed in Cali, since '96, I now do ALOT less plants, 9-10 per 4'x4' tray and get the same results. Just a little training and evening of the canopy, more veg time gave us the same yeilds, but BETTER bud, as the plants were bigger and healthier, the Bud followed suit.

So, tit for tat. Stayin' within Cali law made me go with less numbers and just bigger plants. Patience was the hardest thing to learn.

JBonez said:
sorry, its david gilmour.
man that was a long time ago, thanks.i was thinking john pettruci(dream theater) or mikal akerfeld (opeth)

is lyfr still about on mp as he did my style of single colas grows lots of plants whatever method you want hydro/soil whatever and i just placed into flower at 4-6" high and all indica influenced strains artic sun critical mass power plant and always got at week 5-6 over half oz of rock solid bud never let them go beyond this as i was a bit worried due to the density of the fatassed cola it would possibly get budrot.

in fact im now going to start another single cola grow tonight just for entertainment purposes with 2 x uk cheese new thread starting in an hour.

lol

skallie

Im right in the middle of trying this out myself, im very curios to see how it works. I have 10 ww in a 2x2 ebb and flow tray, about a week and two days in.

smoky anda bandit said:
Im right in the middle of trying this out myself, im very curios to see how it works. I have 10 ww in a 2x2 ebb and flow tray, about a week and two days in.

pics?

I was under the assumption you weren't supposed to trim anything during flowering(other than dead leaves) due to stress and it takes away from flower production.!?.

Am I wrong?

i assumed the same as well. but also i assume that by eliminating wat would be sites for buds would just direct and devote its attention to the existing ites left

Jibber said:
I was under the assumption you weren't supposed to trim anything during flowering(other than dead leaves) due to stress and it takes away from flower production.!?.

Am I wrong?

essentially, you are removing the lower side growth tips, effectively topping that branch.

Sure, its got to be some kind of stress, but we are pruning for results.

Removing the growth tips leaving one internode, will assure the bud climbs upward as it is 2 weeks or so into flowering.

Im guessing this applies to clones, at least how im describing it, that way you can get more plants in there with bigger fatter colas.

i've grown a single cola plant or two in the past but im not sure how i feel about doing all that trimming during flowering. seems like it would benifit the grower and the plant to do it just before flowering since all the stretch the first two weeks is vertical. plus doin the trimming in veg would allow the plant to recover from the stress before flowering. its not that i'd worry so much about the plant going hermie (but i would) but it seems like trimming during flowering would cause the plant to take longer to flower. jmo i could be way off on this.

awe this is awesome lol. ive always wondered about those :aok: :bong: im gonna try that with a couple clones, thanks!

Latest posts

Back