1st time, cfl & t5 only, indoor dirt, $100 invested

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poop-dog

alright alright alright
Reaction score
This all just started on a whim. Had some old bagseed and threw on in a pot outdoors just for the heck of it. That has led me here. 2 weeks flowering, total noobie. Love the forum and I have learned allot. I am not sure when along the pics, but I fimmed twice and topped once. The whole veg time I used miracle grow liquid feed every watering. For flowering I used general hydroponics bloom formula and molasses for the dirt. Water was 6.5 or close to it for the grow. The dirt is just regular old potting soil. Luckily got a girl, you will see later on.

Lets begin.:holysheep: :D

#1 6/29/09 - Just sprouted outside.
#2 7/08/09 -
#3 & 4 7/13/09 - Transplanted and moved indoors. Overwatering!!

6-29-2009.png

7-8-09.png

7-13-09.png

7-13-09-2.png

very exciting good luck on your grow...love the green!

#1 7/25/09 - moved back outdoors to help dry out.
#2 & 3 7/28/09 - moved in, setup the cfl. Still recovering from over watering. Thinking I did my topping around here. Already fimmed twice.

7-20-09.png

7-25-09.png

7-25-09-2.png

looking good man just be careful of pest from bringing outside to inside. looking good though what kinda cfl's u running?

# 1 & 2 8/2/09
# 3/4/5 8/25/09 - I was under watering at this point but I got it back into control. Things seem to be going well. Lights are on a 14 / 10 schedule. I know it's odd and close to 12/12, but that what I could do.

8-2-09.png

8-2-09-2.png

8-25-09.png

8-25-09-2.png

8-25-09-3.png

2 reflectors have y splitters in them with 2 5000 kelvin 14 watt a piece and 1 6500 kelvin 32 watt.

# 1 & 2 9/3/09- Just :watchplant:and:watchplant:

# 3 9/7/09 - Took 2 clones from the bottom. Used Olivias cloning gel and 1.5 x 1.5 rockwool cubes. Put them in the bucket with the 12 inch 10k kelvin flouro. Misted them twice daily.

9-3-09.png

9-3-09-2.png

9-7-09x.png

# 1/2/3 9/9/09 - Got my T5. 55 watts x 2, 2700 or 3000 kelvin, can't remember. They claim 10,000 lumen output. Started 12/12 today. Updated pic of the clones. No roots yet.

9-9-9.png

9-9-9-2.png

9-9-9-3.png

# 1 & 2 9/14/09 - Setup my cfls in there. Now all 2700 kelvin. 5 cfl bulbs used again, just to help the lower branches get some light.

#3 9/16/09 - Looks like some flowering to me!

9-14-09.png

9-14-09-2.png

9-16-09.png

Great job ****-dog!

I've never grown with fluoros or cfl's, but it looks like you've got some nice tight growth. Very impressive.

These are from 9/18/09 - 9/22/09

Just updates and some flowering pics. I am happy so far. Finally 2 weeks into flower. The lower leaves have been turning yellow and starting to drop slowly. I have been feeding nutes/watering every other day for 4 cycles. Then I do a water with no nutes. I keep the pre-mixed water in the fridge. I will pull it out a few hours before I water and hook up my aerator to it. I water 1/4 of 2 1/4 quarts. It is a 5 gallon bucket and I would say that I get about 15 cc's runoff. Runoff currently is ph'd at 6.8, a tad high. Comments, complaints, suggestions, all welcome. I will update once or twice a week as to what is going on.

I plan to attempt the 2 clones with roughly the same setup if all ends well. Thinking some lst/scrog next time. The clones have been planted in dirt since Monday 9/22/09. No pics yet but they are doing just swell.

I started reading on here about a week or two after she sprouted. Why did I go all flouro? Cheapness, heat factors, being stubborn etc. I had read many posts saying that flouros are not the way to go so I kind of "had" to give it a go. Just keep 'em close and watch close, anyone can do it!

Not to shabby for $100 bucks on a whim. I have really enjoyed it.

9-18-9.png

9-22-09.png

9-18-9-2.png

9-22-9-2.png

9-22-09-3.png

Looking bushy over there ****-dog! Very nice. I'd keep the t5's on top, and surround the plant on all sides with cfl reflectors. You can grow some awsome colas that way, at least in my experience. If you could create a wall around the plant with reflectors, you won't be disapointed :). Sure you'd have to go out and purchase a few more reflectors and bulbs, but your end product will be worth the extra cost :ccc: .

Your plant is looking beautiful so far, keep it up !

Hey ****-Dog-

Looking good. IMHO it's a little early in flower for any significant yellowing of the older fan leaves. It will happen as the plant matures, but at 2 weeks it's a little early.

If I could make a suggestion: Flowering plants love aridity and also should be allowed to dry out between waterings. Wait until the soil is backing away from the edges of the pot. Anything you can do to decrease humidity at this point will also aid in increased trich development (at least according to everything I've read and my personal grow experience), and reduce the chance of bud rot and mold. I try to get humidity down to under 40%.

But any way you look at it, for $100.00, you're going to end up with the best bag of weed you ever had. That said though, looks like you got the growing bug and are going to keep going from here.

Good luck to you.

Thanks all! I have really enjoyed this so far. My dirt always backs away from the bucket so I am always at a loss at when to water. I had thought its root bound but everyone has said that a plant this size cannot be root bound in a 5 gallon bucket. So I wait until the dirt is dry a few inches down, but its hard to tell because its just a big root ball! I will check it once the lights come on as I was set to water with nutes today.

I had another post about the leaves and it led to my ph being off but my ph is pretty accurate, the new digital meter is soooo easy btw. I am thinking the leaves dropping has to do with amount of light and airflow at the bottom now, but I seriously have no clue.

thanks!

All from 9/25/09 - today...

The bottom is really starting to thin out. If the rest of the plant didn't look healthy I would be freaking out! Kind of am.... Still hoping it will stop.

I raised the T5 up about 1 inch and moved all the cfl's in. The top few leaves looked as if they where getting burned. Slightly turning lighter green to spots of yellow. I added another fan as well to increase the airflow / cooling.

Also added some bud pics. The pistils are turning such a nice pink/red color. The cam didn't do them justice. The clones are "chillin" outside getting some sun. It's dark now or I would snap some pics.

Thanks!

9-25-09.png

9-25-9-3.png

Looking good! I'd really like to see her grow some big buds. I like your t5 reflector... that thing must have cost a pretty dollar huh? All the best!

It was $69.99 new. Hence my cheap - o grow :D

I really like it though. It pushes allot of light out at practically zero heat. I plan to use it primarily to veg with the 6500k bulbs. Then add the cfl's in to flower my two clones next go. Keeping my fingers crossed. If I keep this up it will be my main clone / veg light. Then a 400 watt hps for flower.

t5.png

t5-2.png

9/30/09 - 3 weeks flowering today.

Turning more yellow and the bottom is continuing to thin. There is still no smell and zero amount of growth. Well, at least the buds are growing, but the plant is not. I am now watering every third day. Thinking of upping my nutes. Added another fan. Pistils are turning from pink to red.

The buds all small. The bag seed this came from was called pop corn. Hence the small nuggage. Could I expect more than an ounce at harvest?. I have 2 main cola's. However there are about 6 decent ones total.

I have sampled some of the fallen leaves and it kicks my butt. 1 good and 2 medium bong hits and I am staring at myself in the mirror, wondering why I am staring at myself. Literally.:confused: :D :watchplant:

Thanks

kjkjkjk.png

llklk.png

lololo.png

opopop.png

Latest posts

Back