1st time, cfl & t5 only, indoor dirt, $100 invested

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10/7/09 - 4th week of flower:cool:

Buds are slowly getting bigger. Still no smell and STILL NO VERTICAL GROWTH! Pisses me off! Probably for the best considering my lights output. Anyway, she is dropping about 4 or so big fan leaves every day. Seems to be pretty happy though.

Watering every 2 to 3 days currently. Roughly 24 ounces with nutes and molasses 3 times before 1 water only watering. The dirt sucks, its become really hard and compact. That is definitely a must change next try. I have 2 main colas going on. There are about 4 lower that don't get as much light but still doing well.

PH in and out is between 6.3 - 6.8. I think I still have a overheating problem in the room. I am pretty sure I lost one of the clones but the other is growing quickly.

How many more weeks should I expect before harvest. Have not got a microscope yet... Should I up my nutes? She is pretty tough. Can anyone tell by the pics / size of the bud if I am not dosing enough? She is not burning at all and all through veg she liked liquid miracle grow.

Thanks!

luilui.png

mjmjmj.png

nbnbnb.png

qwqwqw.png

yjjyjy.png

Hey ****-Dog-

If you're nuteing 3 times and plain watering once- I certainly wouldn't up my nutes. Maybe even cut back a little- nute every other watering.

You're losing a lot of fan leaves. Are they actually falling off or are you pulling them off?

Your plant looks sativa dominant- you probably have at least another 4 to 6 weeks to go.

Happy growing and good luck! Keep it green.

I don't pull them off, but I tap them off.
Let me guess no bueno? :D
I just tell myself, "It wont hurt it".

Help! Pimp down.. Code 1130. Pimp in distress!!! lol - Friday after next

anyway

So I have been trying to not water as often, waiting 2 to 3 days in lieu of every other day. Everything I have read and been told is that I water way to much. The last watering was Monday, today is Thursday. She looked like this about 18 hours ago but I had to go. I am about to water her.

This is past when I should water correct? Or, is this about right?

thanks

hfh.png

So I just watered some fresh water, no nutes or molasses. Ph was at 6.0 bc my ph has been rising. Runoff was at 7.1. What is causing the rise? Is it the nutes or just the crappy soil?

I heavily misted the soil first this time with my 6.5 ph'd water that I use for my clones. I then waited a couple minutes then watered. It really helped the amount of water the soil appeared to accept. Go me

can you take a pic of the soil? how compact is it? Could you add some new soil to help the prob?

I don't want to add the stress of messing with the roots while trying to replace some of the soil. No pics of the soil and the lights are off right now. I can take some later tonight. She does look a ton better today for the brief second I saw her..

Do you have good air movement? Are you bringing in fresh air and exhausting out "stale" air?

Since waiting two-3 days made her look like that, she probably needs watering every day or 2 with your conditions. Those buds look yummy!

The fans do not turn on until the lights do. So the air moves well for 12 hours. When the lights are off there is no air movement. It does not get hot when the lights are off however it does get warm when the lights are on. There is probably a 10 to 15 degree swing.

They look yummy to me as well. Cannot even imagine the day I get my first real sample. So, is letting her get that thirsty bad? I was told in another thread it wouldn't hurt? I thought it could cause stress but I am still in my first learning curve.

Thanks

Plant dehydration could possibly affect growth, but I wouldn't be willing to say that for a fact... I'm no expert here.

First harvest is always a special time... I remember my first harvest, it was out of this world, had a big smile on my face the whole time. :)

10/9/09 - Clone and baby pics.

So I took 2 clones about 1 month ago. You can see in 1 of the pics 1 did not seem to make it. I moved her outside, maybe mother nature can take over for me. That 1 never recovered from under watering. No roots poking out of the rockwool anymore.

1 week ago I planted 3 more seeds outside due to the 1 clone dying and 2 days ago they all sprouted. I moved them in with the clone today. They are only under 1 cfl but I have more for them. They will veg under the t5 once its done flowering.

When is it cool to top for the first time? She seems small yet but I want to get in early. I only plan to grow 2 this time, not 4. Lets hope one of the 3 babies is a girl. I really want to do a scrog or at least some training this time, I just need to read allot more about it. I def don't fully get how exactly to do the scrog correctly.

MeNtAlPaTiEnT said:
Plant dehydration could possibly affect growth, but I wouldn't be willing to say that for a fact... I'm no expert here.

First harvest is always a special time... I remember my first harvest, it was out of this world, had a big smile on my face the whole time. :)

I am having way more fun than I thought I would. I actually never even considered it would be enjoyable but it sure is. Shopping for supplies, browsing this forum, and caring for her have all been really cool.

loplop.png

poipoi.png

polpol.png

one thing that i've found out over the years is that if you over water a plant consistently, it will get used to that water, and will come to need it. i am watering every 4-5 days, and i let it get pretty droopy before i water it, and it works out awesomely. the droopiness is just the plant's way of saying it is thirsty. imo, if you don't give the plant enough time to get droopy in between waterings, you're watering it too much.

Watching for droopy, then watering? That I can do!:cool:

I agree that waiting for it to droop before watering again is the way to go- but to me it looks like you waited a little too long.

But she sure is a heavy drinker if she's in a 5 gal pail and needs to be watered every 2-3 days. How much do you give her at each watering? Mine go about 7 days between watering and they get 3/4 to 1 gallon each time.

I really do not water much volume. Last time was about the most and I watered roughly 36 ounces, or about 28% of a gallon. I had about 30cc's of runoff from that also which tells me that I did not over water.

I think that misting the soil first really helped more of the soil absorb the water. The soil even looks better now. I will try it next time and hopefully I can get this in check. She overall looks happier and fewer leaves are turning yellow. Can't wait for the lights to come on today so I can pull up a chair, make a nice drink, and :watchplant:

Thanks

BBFan said:
I agree that waiting for it to droop before watering again is the way to go- but to me it looks like you waited a little too long.
I don't really think that he waited too long, that's how i like my plant to be like before i give her a drink. think about how you drink water, do you drink water whenever you get the slightest urge, or do you wait until your mouth is really dry before you take the time to get a drink? i usually wait until i'm really thirsty, and then the water is sooooo much more refreshing. i have just always assumed that it would be the same for plants, that they would make better use of the water (and food) if you wait for it to really need the water before giving it to them.

to each their own i guess.

Smot_poker said:
I don't really think that he waited too long, that's how i like my plant to be like before i give her a drink. think about how you drink water, do you drink water whenever you get the slightest urge, or do you wait until your mouth is really dry before you take the time to get a drink? i usually wait until i'm really thirsty, and then the water is sooooo much more refreshing. i have just always assumed that it would be the same for plants, that they would make better use of the water (and food) if you wait for it to really need the water before giving it to them.

to each their own i guess.

IMHO that's bad for people and bad for plants. When the leaves start to lose turgidity, the plant is asking for water. Turgor pressure helps move nutrients and sugars through the plant and aids in transpiration, aids in light absobtion (by keeping leaves erect) and CO2 processing- all in all a necessary process- it even helps the roots spread further. What I saw in that picture was stems starting to droop- and to me that seems too much. But that's just my opinion.

But, it works for you, that's great. Like so many other things about growing this wonderful plant, there are many ways to achieve the desired result! Happy growing!

Thanks for the input guys. The stems where indeed drooping as well and she really lost all her "form". I think I will water once it shows some droop but wont try and let it get this far next time. Good to know she will bounce right back!

I was checking her out and the trichs are now visible to the naked eye. I was a bit close with my lens but some still showed. I will head on down to radio shack soon and pick up a microscope or something similar.

There was actually a tiny bit of smell today. Made me smile.

987.png

jf.png

jyg.png

Latest posts

Back