top leaves folding over and turning down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks like a ph problem, could be that your soil is acidic

Damn....I was hoping using organics and distilled water I wouldn't hafta worry about ph....my ss is roots organic mixed w blood bone meal garden lime guano castings Epsom salt and azomite.....I also added some blackstrap molasses could that be what's messing up my ph? Also, did I use the wrong sort of lime?

It's been 3 days since I watered last and she's been taking about a week btw waterings. Should I flush her now or wait 3 days? Is it better to be a little overwatered or have my ph issue?

It's been 3 days since I watered last and she's been taking about a week btw waterings. Should I flush her now or wait 3 days? Is it better to be a little overwatered or have my ph issue?

Not sure about the flushing, I have never done it. I would rather overwater a bit, than have a PH issue.

Well she was flushed out w distilled water....Will see if it corrects my New growth problems

Being as you are organic, I do not suspect pH problems. You cannot flush organic soil. I do have a great deal of concern over your plants going a week between waterings. That makes me think that maybe the problem is too dense a soil with not good drainage capabilities. Like Techron, I more suspect that the problem is the plants staying too wet. Not overwatering if you are only watering once a week, but that your soil is keeping the root system too wet and waterlogged.

I have always been able to tell in a soil grow if my plants needed water by the WEIGHT of the pots.

I can too, WH. But I don't think that is the issue. Generally soil plants need to be watered more than once a week. He is having undefined problems that I believe could be related to the soil being too dense without good drainage properties. This prevents the roots from getting the O2 they need.

Yeah thats no good. You must have soil with good drainage,,period.

That makes sense. My bottom soil is amended roots organic 707. The 707 has "more water holding capacity"--wish I would've realized that before I bought it. I recently ordered some perlite for the super soil I have sitting around. Is there anything I can do w/ my plants now? Shoud I give them less water when I do water them so they'll be less saturated and dry out better?

Oh, you do not want water holding capabilities. Cannabis needs to go through wet and dry cycles. What did you amend the soil with? Can we get pictures of the entire plant from a little bit further back (to give recommendations on repotting)?

Latest posts

Back