my plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyberquest

Junior GreenThumb
Reaction score
well they had to come out of the veg room for watering today, this is the first water since they got transplanted. mixed some fish ferts in with this water so we will see how they like it.

these are all bagseed plants, and its very interesting to see the variety of plants we got, and the different growth rate of them.

any of you plant strain experts think you might know what any of these might be based on the leaves.

i took a couple close ups of the ones that had the most difference in appearance.

these are roughly maybe three weeks old. the six that are sitting together are inder 12 26w CFL lights, and the four are under a two tube four foot flouro with one cool white and one warm white bulb.

enjoy!

plants.jpg

plants3.jpg

plants4.jpg

closeup.jpg

closeup2.jpg

plants2.jpg

No telling what strain it is, definetly an indica though, those fat daddy leaves are one of the characteristics of an indica. They look happy though. I dont suppose you have sexed them yet.

no sexing yet, they are getting close though i think. i am supposed to wait till the first alternating nodes correct?

i also noticed one of them has a retarded leave, well thats what i am calling it anyways. :rofl: its only got four leaves, you can see that the leaves didnt seperate on one of them and they are grown together. pretty funny lookin.

Ive seen some retarded leaves here and there in my Skunk#1 mothers, I think thats pretty common.
Yeah, wait for the alt nodes..Probably wont be too long IMO...
Are you planning on keeping mothers? If so you might want to start topping and training While they are still young. Have you looked into Low Stress training at all?

well i think if i get some that show pre-flowers of being female i might try my hand at some clones. as far as LST and topping i need to do some more research on it before i give it a try. i know lst is pretty simple and self explanitory, and actully i might give it a shot with the ones that are under the flouros since there will only be enough room to flower six at a time.

still in beginner stages over here, right now i am just working on getting the one i got in flower now thru it without killing it off. shes doing ok so far, thinks she is lacking some nutes so i am gonna have to start feeding her those now. the more experience i get under my belt the more comfortable i will get with experimenting.

they look sweet man, i hope my wll lokk like that soon

Hey cyberquest those pots you have do they have holes in the bottom or do they catch the water at the bottom? If they don't have holes at the bottom you may want to add some so there is no salt build up once you add nutes or incase you you have to flush them............;)

i would def use lst with cfls. take a clone from each one and put it into a cup of water and put it into 12/12 lighting and within a week it will show preflowers, use that to tell if you have females or not.
i was worried at the start that i would "hurt" the plants if i touched them or moved them. but just take a piece of string and loop it around the second to top set of leaves pull her right over till shes bent like 45 to 90 degress and tape it to the bucket. you will be very happy in a week that you did it.

yeah bojok they are the kind that catch the water in the bottom, if you take a closer look at the pic of the side shot of the plants you can see there is a line, thats where they catch the water.

and i actually took a larger drill bit and made the holes a little larger and made a few extra so i knew they were draining good.

You've got the right idea, as far as the LST, There's nothing to it, and with those fat leaves you'd do yourself a favor to tie them down to shed some light on the lower branches, it'll help establish more tops for cuttings and save space.
Pipe cleaners work great, just bend and pull. Good luck.

i might have gotten a little strong on my fish fert mix when i watered them yesterday. i knoticed some of the bottom leaves have dark brown (not yellow) spots on them. when i get back home later today i will get some pics of them.

well i found one alternating node on one of the plants so i said the heck with it and sent them into flower. so tonight they will get their first dose of 12 hours of darkness.
my other been pole plant i got i guess you could say i started playing with LST. since its a little over two feet tall and these ones are much shorter i decided to pull the tall one down. since its so tall it bent right over with no problems, it was very bendable and i tried not to pull it down to far i dont think. i will do more to it as it grows but this will work for now.
the tall one is the one in the front, far left.

plants.jpg

plants2.jpg

plants3.jpg

here are some more pics of the plants.

first pic is the ones in the veg room, i decided to switch light cycle to 12/12 in the veg room so they can go ahead and flower. i need to get the smaller plants out though that arent ready just yet, but then again i might just leave them in there for experimental purposes.

pic 2 is the main bud on my female thats been flowering about three weeks or so, not very big yet, but she wasnt mature when we started to flower her so its understandable.

pic 3 is just a interesting angle, since i had the ablity to get below plant level i just wanted to show how much of a shadow is on the lower part of the plants.

pic 4 is the mutant looking plant i have, ugliest little thing i ever did see.

bud.jpg

shadows.jpg

vegroom.jpg

mutant.jpg

we had one reveal her sex today so we have one more female so far, thats two outta three bagseeds turned females! there are four more in the flower room and we have five more in the cfl room and those lights got switched to 12/12 lights three days ago so we will see how they do too.

cyberquest said:
we had one reveal her sex today so we have one more female so far, thats two outta three bagseeds turned females! there are four more in the flower room and we have five more in the cfl room and those lights got switched to 12/12 lights three days ago so we will see how they do too.
looking great there cyber. those laidies are looking great for some bag seed cant wait to see more of ur grow man peace

They look like they are coming along nicely CQ. Did you do a grow journal?

If you dont mind me asking...did you buy or build that "board?"(dont know what else to call it) for the CFL's.

cyberquest said:
send some of those ladies this way man lol

LazyDays said:
If you dont mind me asking...did you buy or build that "board?"(dont know what else to call it) for the CFL's.

It is called a lightbar. =)

LazyDays said:

just like kade said its a light bar, most commonly used in bathrooms or vanities. it can be found at lowes or home depot and maybe even wal mart. cost for the 6 light bar was $20 so i have $40 total in both light bars plus the cost of the lights themself.

i took some pics last night but the batteries went dead while i was loading the pics on the computer, i should have some new ones later today and will be able to get the pics posted tonight.

thanks everyone for the words of encouragement. we have had a little problem with temps getting too cold at night and the ladies have lost a few fan leaves, its been about 10 degrees here the past two days and at night when the exhaust fan isnt running that runs outside the air creeps into the grow room making it colder then a MOFO.

then on top of that somehow the exhaust hose fell down, and wasnt allowing the hot air to vent out of the room and temps climbed to a scorching 107 degrees. so the poor things have had a rough couple of days so i hope nothing turns them hermie on me.

Latest posts

Back