My second grow, please give advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TruTHC

Reaction score
Here is my second attemp, my first was very bad. My grow box is 2x2x4ft tall. I have 8in exhaust/intake. My exhaust is on the ceiling and my intake is in the center of the opening door. Meant to put the intake on one of the sides instead of the door but i wasn't thinking when i glued the pieces together. I've included some pic (sorry bout the blury pic). This is a newbie start (again). Please give me as many advice as i need, all advice will greatly be appreciated.

DSCN0399.JPG

DSCN0362.JPG

my first grow i did 8 plants and 2 tote, but now im gonna do one big tote with 6 plants. i will have pic up soon. i got some germed and put into rockwool only 1.5in cube my next rockwool purchase will be 4in. i put the germ seed into the rockwool but i put it in the wrong way (please dont laff) so the taproot grew about mayb 3-5in and the leaf hasn't push thru the rockwool. i got a picture its kinda blury but u can see the roots and leaf. thats when i hold the cubes upside down is this ok for my new baby? what should i do to her to get her back to normal? and i also see a spike-like thingy, is that a sign of mold or something? thanks in advance

220 (4).JPG

220 (5).JPG

take them out of rockwool and re-transplant it to another one
rockwoll is like paper sheets just doit GENTLY!!!!!!!!!!!! put it in new one (right way this time :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: )

o yaaaaa put something in rockwool to hold this very week plant up

what can i put in rockwool to make them hold up? like a tooth pick? can i rip the new rockwool up then gently squeeze it back to a cube?

i just check my plants and that second picture, well, i think its ok. the leaf is coming up the top of the rockwool with the root facing down. and all the seeds i put into the rockwool the wrong way seems to come up the top of the rockwool. so does that mean it'll b ok? brouli thanks for ur help, u crack me up with those icons man, hahah thats a good one

Hey TruTHC, the secret to getting over screwups is to wait until you see what happens....

Let's see if they sprout. Keep your flos close so the sprouts don't get all spindly.

thanks SB, i appreciate it. ok im leaving them alone and wait pa....tiently

ok, i got some new pics, i think my babies are doing ok. they are all coming up from the rockwool. the last pic is a shot from the bottom, just to see how the roots are. and im puttin the flo as close to the plant as possible. please give me some advice as to what i should do. is it necessary to put them under mh 24/0 till they get bigger then 18/6? or should i just keep flo on them 24/0? thanks:confused:

DSCN0411.JPG

DSCN0412.JPG

DSCN0414.JPG

DSCN0416.JPG

Numero Uno... I hate spanish.

1. Roots hate light. You need to have the bottom of your container dark... somehow.

2. Your lighting schedule is all up to you. I keep my lights on 24/7. I know many people in this forum keep theirs on 18/6. It's up to you. Your lights will like you if you have them on a timer to give them a break that is fact.

3. Make sure to keep your rock wool moist with pH checked water. 5.8 for hydro.

4. You should get a humidity dome for those little girls. They like the temp to be in the low 70s as well as their roots to be a little bit warmer than that. ( get a heating pad)

5.http://www.fastergrowing.com/cannabis/
Take an hour or two and browse through. Knowledge is Power my friend.

thanks for ur tips toker, i have a cloth on the bottom of that tupper ware where the roots are hoping it will block the light, and i cover up the tupper ware with a trash bag, that gives me a humidity of 58% without the bag the humid is about 30%. so is 58-60% humidity ok for the ladies? where can i get a heating pad? im just gonna go buy a tray with pallet and put my rockwool in cuz the tray is usually black. thanks again. i very appreciate it

You can get a heating pad on ebay... or if you don't want to wait, you can go to CVS or any store like that to get one... Walmart. Ideally you're RH should be 99% but there is only so much you can do. Try putting a glass of water in with your babies.

i like that cup o water idea, but im heading to walmart tonite, so do u use mh for ur babies and have it on 24 or u were talking about flo? i mean is it any better if i use mh for the babies?

It is all preference. I use fluorescents right now for both veg and flower and I'm pretty sure I always will becuase I am selling all my HID stuff on ebay right now. Try everything and see where you get the best results. Both HIDs and Fuoros will last longer if turned off for a period of time everyday to give the ballast a break. That's what they tell me anyways. ;)

lookin pretty good, i know it seems like there is lots of extra little stuff to get (black tray, heatpad, pH balanced water, etc etc), but the fact that your seeds sprouted and are rooting is a great sign; imagine how well they will be doing when you get all those little extras!

ok, i finally got tray and heating pad, the temp is around 73 with no heating mat and around 100-110 with mat. is that ok temp for the babies?, rh is at 90.are my babies too tall for their age? two of them are about 2.5inch tall probably gonna start touching the lid tomorrow and the rest are about 1.5in. is it ok if i let the the top of the plant touch the lid and lean over? i started germination 8 days ago. i couldn't find a dome tray only so i brought the one with some peat pellets. are those pellet any good for mj?

DSCN0430.JPG

DSCN0433.JPG

DSCN0427.JPG

DSCN0434.JPG

DSCN0442.JPG

DSCN0436.JPG

TruTHC said:
ok, i finally got tray and heating pad, the temp is around 73 with no heating mat and around 100-110 with mat. is that ok temp for the babies?, rh is at 90.are my babies too tall for their age? two of them are about 2.5inch tall probably gonna start touching the lid tomorrow and the rest are about 1.5in. is it ok if i let the the top of the plant touch the lid and lean over? i started germination 8 days ago. i couldn't find a dome tray only so i brought the one with some peat pellets. are those pellet any good for mj?
I see babies. ;) 100 - 110 degrees is way to hot IMHO for any plant. I would just go ahead and remove the top and get a small fan blowing on them to strengthen the stems. I have seen people use the peat pellets to start seeds in.

thanks TBG, i took the lid off and turn the heating pad back on and have a fan blowing at it. i should've thought of the fan. should i have used the fan a while ago? thanks for the advice.

opps, i took the lid off and put a fan on my plants and went to work, came home and the rockwool were dried up so here how my plant looks. i took the last pic a second ago and most of them stand back up except for one and i think shes dead

DSCN0444.JPG

DSCN0451.JPG

DSCN0452.JPG

TruTHC said:
opps, i took the lid off and put a fan on my plants and went to work, came home and the rockwool were dried up so here how my plant looks. i took the last pic a second ago and most of them stand back up except for one and i think shes dead

it takes more than you might think to kill a little plant. the plant still looks fleshy and alive, and its not dried out and crispy. i don't really have the patience to nurse a dying plant back to health, but i've heard that a plant can go pretty far towards the end of the tunnel before it actually sees the light. this means that even if you had a crispy plant that was still green and all leaves attached etc, if you pay close attention to it, dont over/underwater, it should come back to good health. the plant will probably be a lot weaker after suffering that kinda stress though, so unless you are really in need of the buds off that plant, you might want to consider getting rid of it and focusing on the healthy ones.

EDIT: in that early stage of vegetation it might be hard for them to fully recuperate, but you can try anyway :)

Latest posts

Back