1 lb a plant or more - Who's done it - indoors?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
seems to me that the biggest factor in a 1lb plant would be veggie time... if you vegged a decent plant for 4-6 months, trellised it well, you could get an elbow from it. but on a straight 60/60 day pattern it seems less likely.

i am pleased with 3-5 oz on a 60/60 cycle. i got almost 9 oz from one Sweet Tooth female last crop - but she was topped a couple of times and left in veggie for about 90 days before flowering. Mainly nugs instead of colas - but heavy little suckers that leaned over and grew towards the ground (pic below). best return on any single plant i ever saw. the un-topped sisters of that plant each pumped about 5 oz on a 90/60 cycle under twin 1000 HPS, fed with FF big bloom and tiger bloom, in 3 gallon (too small) grow bags. no question they would have done even more in 5-8 gallon bags...

ST_dwarf.jpg

PieRsquare said:
The size of the plant has nothing to do with it's potency. "Monster" plants are no better in the long run than what you're callin "Average" plants. The outcome is the bud, not the size of the plant. Again, I stress that you can grow more weed faster with smaller plants in the same amount of time and space and it will be just as potent as any weed from larger plants of the same strain.

I never mentioned potency. I was focused on not maintaining 40 plants and just be able to do 8. And your claims of growing more weed from smaller plants than larger ones, is non-sense. It has nothing to do with sq ft. It comes down to grams per watt based on the growers skill level.

Old_SSSC_Guy said:
seems to me that the biggest factor in a 1lb plant would be veggie time... if you vegged a decent plant for 4-6 months, trellised it well, you could get an elbow from it. but on a straight 60/60 day pattern it seems less likely.

i am pleased with 3-5 oz on a 60/60 cycle. i got almost 9 oz from one Sweet Tooth female last crop - but she was topped a couple of times and left in veggie for about 90 days before flowering. Mainly nugs instead of colas - but heavy little suckers that leaned over and grew towards the ground (pic below). best return on any single plant i ever saw. the un-topped sisters of that plant each pumped about 5 oz on a 90/60 cycle under twin 1000 HPS, fed with FF big bloom and tiger bloom, in 3 gallon (too small) grow bags. no question they would have done even more in 5-8 gallon bags...

I dont think it will take a 4-6 month veg. I am hoping someone can accomplish it in less than 20 weeks, start to finish.

Prove me wrong. Show me a journal, baller.

PS, lets not get off topic in a battle. I could care less how or what you grow. I have plenty of dank. This thread was put in place in the hope we can see this produced at a minimum of a lb. Hell, heard 3lb's yesterday, still trying to get that outta my head.

I put this thread up to prove a point - you can achieve 1lb grows off single plants. It has been done and will be in the future I'm sure. It is usually uneconomical due to the typically long veg time associated with this style of growing. I've mentioned this concept before and it's important to understand imo.

Production is measured accurately in grams per kila-watt hour or simply grams per watt. This number in reality should include veg time. When looking at the total amount of energy used and the time the plant has taken up space in the room, it simply does not make sense under many conditions. There are exceptions.

The numbers speak for themselves when comparing the use of substantial light for 11 months to get 1 to 2 pounds off a plant TO perpetually flowering smaller plants. The perpetual harvest will turn over faster and produce more in almost all cases when plants are grown under similar conditions.

A few of us were told some one produces 3 lbs a plant under 3000 watts flowering indoors, using long veg times, LED veg lights, electrical stimulation, paramagnetic forces and incredibly heavy producing genetics in soil. In truth, this thread was meant to expose these apparently new age growing methods for what they are - which has yet to be determined.

I'm very interested in improving production rates for all of us here. My biggest harvests are off my mother plants typically. They are in the veg room for like 7 or 8 months just bushing out. I have 4 usually and flower them under a 1000. In the past, each pushes about a 1/2 lb. These plants were not designed for flowering however, they have their purpose and thats clones. I'd imagine with some thoughtful pruning techniques I could hit a unit with one of these. - maybe?

Time for a new project. Lets here it guy's! Who's done it?

PieRsquare said:
"Nonsense" is one word. it's not hyphenated. It's also incorrectly applied to what I said. Obviously you haven't a clue what you're talking about. Go back and play with the other beginners.
I personally don't think critiquing someone's spelling and belittling people is a healthy way to participate in a discussion. In fact, i can think of no quicker way to get people to ignore your point and your knowledge.

jmansweed said:
I put this thread up to prove a point - you can achieve 1lb grows off single plants. It has been done and will be in the future I'm sure. It is usually uneconomical due to the typically long veg time associated with this style of growing. I've mentioned this concept before and it's important to understand imo.

Production is measured accurately in grams per kila-watt hour or simply grams per watt. This number in reality should include veg time. When looking at the total amount of energy used and the time the plant has taken up space in the room, it simply does not make sense under many conditions. There are exceptions.

The numbers speak for themselves when comparing the use of substantial light for 11 months to get 1 to 2 pounds off a plant TO perpetually flowering smaller plants. The perpetual harvest will turn over faster and produce more in almost all cases when plants are grown under similar conditions.

A few of us were told some one produces 3 lbs a plant under 3000 watts flowering indoors, using long veg times, LED veg lights, electrical stimulation, paramagnetic forces and incredibly heavy producing genetics in soil. In truth, this thread was meant to expose these apparently new age growing methods for what they are - which has yet to be determined.

I'm very interested in improving production rates for all of us here. My biggest harvests are off my mother plants typically. They are in the veg room for like 7 or 8 months just bushing out. I have 4 usually and flower them under a 1000. In the past, each pushes about a 1/2 lb. These plants were not designed for flowering however, they have their purpose and thats clones. I'd imagine with some thoughtful pruning techniques I could hit a unit with one of these. - maybe?

Time for a new project. Lets here it guy's! Who's done it?

Alright Jmansweed! way to keep us focused, professional, and respectful. I like your attitude/approach. Props dude!

Thanks Monkey, Love the quote btw - I'm a big HST fan.

PieRsquare said:
I don't understand this fascination with "1 lb plants". With the ability to clone perfect duplicates of potent plants, it's not how much comes from each plant, but how much comes from a certain amount of square footage, inside, in a certain amount of time. Who cares if it comes from one plant or twenty. I can grow 8 plants that produce 32 ounces of weed way faster than I can grow 2 plants that produce the same amount of weed in the same amount of area. The 8 plants cost no more to grow and produce more weed faster. 1 pound or more per/plant? Who cares? I don't. I care about how much weed I can grow in my area in the shortest amount of time. If someone is concerned with producing more than 1 lb of weed per/plant, I'd say they're playing at it, not growing at it. Get real. No attack meant. Just my own thoughts on the issue. Now, outside weed is something different. Keeping a plant at a size that is most beneficial to hiding it would negate making it a pounder or better. LST to make it lower, with more branching would make it less obvious to casual observers.

This was my point. It had nothing to do with potency. I understand a strain is a strain, with some variation. My whole thought on hoping someone could produce a lb per plant, was not vegging for months. We just saw a 5 week veg and 8 week flower produce a lb from one plant. Your method of smaller numbers will have the same flowering period, and prob the same yield, whether one or a bunch. I also love the fact of having only one plant to tend too. Thats just my personel choice. No offense meant. Hope to have you growers input revealed some more here. Thanx for joining.

PieRsquare said:
Not that I really care what you think about it, but telling someone who has already done something that the fact that they did it is nonsense is rude, arrogant and uncalled for. Talk to your buddy about his lack of politeness, not me.
I just call them like i see them dude. I mean no disrespect to you OR anyone here (but you obviously did) ;)

I thought his use of the concept of 'nonsense' was valid in the context he meant. Not saying i agree with his opinion/experience or with yours.

I think the fact that you reacted the way you did says more than the facts you're trying to convey though. But that just how i see it..

PieRsquare said:
I return insult with insult. The fact that you think it was misplaced or inappropriate means not a wit to me.

I suspect that's not true or you wouldn't have responded :)

Since you were not part of the incident, perhaps you should have stayed out of it. His use of "nonsense" was absolutely inappropriate, as was your participation in the exchange.

On a public forum we are ALL welcome to give our input ;)

You may now have the last word if you must.

Based on your previous reactions i doubt you're gonna give anyone the last word.. but THANKS!

Jeez this started out as a simple "lets see what you got" because someone was makeing claims of producing 3 lbs off of 1 plant indoors...we called him on his crap and Jman posted this thread to see if they can produce pics of what they claim.

Nobody said anything about this being the best way, or the most economical, or that we were going to start trying to grow single huge plants. The thread was posted to try to see if people who are makeing bizarre claims can put up any proof to their claims. This is not here to try to convince anyone to try this...lol....maybe we need to put a "warning: do not try this at home" post above it.

No need for insulting each other,... come on...we just want to see if people can proove what they are claiming.

Chill Brotha's!!!

[just wanted to throw an edit in here. It was brought to my attention that I was not being fair in my statements here, and after looking at this I have to agree. Just because I find something hard too believe or far fetched does not make it "crap" I'm not in any position to call anyone a liar. So if my comments offended anyone I apologize. I guess if you can seriousely produce these amounts then more power to you, and I need to listen to what you have to say.]

Well of course quality genetics are a must, you can see below, I know a thing or two about putting some frost on my ladies. I see what you are saying, but it's not about what I can grow in a perpetual harvest per year. I totaly understand doing that would increase yield over time, no brainer. But this is geared to one plants capacity. If it can be documented and layed out so someone can follow it. Getting 16oz plus per plant would be an amazing sight. Whether it's one or a bunch.

I'd be happy claiming the feat - and am feeling quite determined to try myself......;)

Yeah me too. I am a little concerned with the Ebb buckets, but I will give it a go anyhow. I am betting this thread gets alot of views but sadly maybe only your one example.

Having done a scrog i think it's quite possible to get a lb but the veg time would of course be crazy. Not as crazy as one might think though. If using a bubbler bucket type of system, as i did, you would want a bigger container than the normal 5 gallon bucket. The roots in my 5 gallon bucket filled it and caused some severe problems with the airstones and the recirculating system, not to mention is could suck the water down in a heartbeat.

I like the concept of keeping the plant numbers low and still getting huge harvests. Looks way better in court when you only had 3 plants instead of 30, even if the harvest amounts would have been the same

Exactly. If I am gonna try it will be one plant in 18gal tote with 12" stones, big pump and in the middle of 6k watts surrounded on all sides by vertical lighting. Working on lay out now. Ebbs just not gonna cut it for this. Any ideas on layout for bucket system, the 18 gal tote and 6 bulbs vertical?

nouvellechef said:
Exactly. If I am gonna try it will be one plant in 18gal tote with 12" stones, big pump and in the middle of 6k watts surrounded on all sides by vertical lighting. Working on lay out now. Ebbs just not gonna cut it for this. Any ideas on layout for bucket system, the 18 gal tote and 6 bulbs vertical?
Seems like 6k of lights is overkill to me. One of the benefits of a scrog is that you have an even canopy and can use a single horizontal light instead of the vertical lighting setup. Also running 6k of lights would drive up the cost of growing that elbow dramatically.
Good luck with whatever you decide! I'll be very interested to watch..

The room is 124sq ft. Pretty much same set up as I had without height restrictions. I will push the ebb to there max, but it ain't gonna hold a lb. The 18gal tote will be somewhere in the middle. I can do how ever many pots I want. Not sure if I am gonna screen it or not. I know you have the room Jman and the knowledge, join the bandwagon and give er a shot.

Pie, that sounds all good except the 14/10 light schedule. Won't more dark speed up flower cycle? I think I am gonna need 9 plus weeks of flower for this. 2lb's? Holy smokes.

I for one think this is a fun idea and I have no idea why anyone would berate another for wanting to try an experiment like this. Who cares? life is just to short for that. I am watching and will be apart of the excitement with you when the grows start. I actually can't wait to see the outcomes and what all had to be done throughout the grows trying to achieve a specific goal.

Here is to you being able to carry on without interference and negative behavior.

Latest posts

Back