1 plant....light suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killersmoke

mr green leaf
Reaction score
im gonna start another plant....for 1 plant what kinda light would be good and cheap to grow my plant to its full potential? 150w hps??

Light needs depend on how much growing area you plan to use. I have grown with 4 ft. shop lights, 250 mh, 400mh, 400hps, 600hps, and 1000mh. They all worked but bud weight will vary from grams to ounces to pounds. It all depends on how much you want to get out of that plant and how much room you have to grow in. If you have an area large enough for 400hps it will give you a good yeild and they are relatively inexpensive to buy and operate.

ok if i buy a 150watt hps light how much space would i need to grow and how amny plant would i be able to grow with it and ABOUT how much u think ea plant will produce?

Mind if I chime in.
I see this a lot. people trying to get a light and size the area around the light.
The best approach is to determine the area then get the light.
For a SOG 1sq.ft. per plant. I typically get over an ounce per plant in 3 gallon containers.

killersmoke said:
ok if i buy a 150watt hps light how much space would i need to grow and how amny plant would i be able to grow with it and ABOUT how much u think ea plant will produce?

I am still learning the fine neuances of indoor lighting. Here is what I have picked up on so far. You will do well to have at a minimum 3500 to 5000 Lumens per sq foot of growbox, that's depth x width.
you can get a general idea of size just by looking at the different strains and reading up on them. As for how much you will get from each plant will depend largely on you and the growing conditions that you set into play.
Go slow and easy and do the job the right way, and I believe that you will be a happy camper with the results.
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

thanks kk...your always very helpful as well as mutt this site wouldnt be nothing without u guys

Latest posts

Back