1 week plant "dying"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

th3dr0

Reaction score
I have a plant, its about 1 week old, in rockwool, on a wick system, and it seems to be dying. Currently i am using 2 incodescent growing lights (getting a 400 w hps/mh friday), and they are fairly close to the plant, prob about 6-8 in away. It started off good, and i have 4 other plants that are doing very well. I changed the water today, and added nutirents. I only added a very small amount of nutrients in their "germination" stage. It is not browing, but more or less drying. The leaves are curling up. The Ph seems good, and should be fine now that i changed the water. It also has a suffiectient ammount of watter, the rockwool is always moist. What could be causing this.

What nutrients are you using and how much of them are you using ? maybe they've been overfed. Give 'em a good flushing with plain water ..might help. By the way what temperature have you got in your grow room ?

it could be from fertilizing your plants too early, but this is with soil. you´re doing hydro and I have no idea. How is the humidity in there?

Incandescent bulbs -- regular light bulbs -- put out almost all of their energy as heat, not light. Place the back of your hand at the top of your plant below the bulb; if your hand gets fairly warm after one minute, you are toasting your plant. Young plants are particularly susceptible to heat damage, so consider moving the light bulb away until you get your HPS tomorrow. Or, run to the department store and pick up a couple of CFLs and use them. If your plant is drying and the leaves are curling, it may be too far gone. However, keep it around and see if you get new growth that is healthy.

This is hydro. I am using flora grow, and i probably used only half of the reccomended ammount. It is a 2 gallon tank and i used about a cap full. It makes sense that it could be the light, it is very, very warm. The room temp is prob 80 degrees, highest being 90.I'll just run my flourescent till w/e i get the hps.

yeah it is probably those incads... they lick for growing plants... any floros or mh/hps will do a body good.

Latest posts

Back