11-year-old turns in parents for marijuana use

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FruityBud

Reaction score
An 11-year-old Minnesota boy who says he was fed up with his mom and stepfather filling their home with marijuana smoke took photos of the drugs, which were then sent to police.

Drug agents served a search warrant on their home in Ravenna Township near Hastings last month and arrested Heidi Siebenaler, a Dakota County probation supervisor, and her husband, Mark Siebenaler.

Both face charges in the case after eight pounds of marijuana were found in two Wal-Mart shopping bags in the master bedroom, according to KMSP-TV.

"These allegations raise moral concerns and legal concerns," said Washington County Attorney Pete Orput, according to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune. "It's disappointing when someone in law enforcement gets caught breaking the law. In this case it is particularly disappointing."

A criminal complaint says the boy told investigators he had complained numerous times to his mother about the marijuana smell. He finally took the matter to his biological father who told him to take pictures of the marijuana. The father then forwarded the photos to authorities.

Mark Siebenaler said he smokes marijuana for medicinal purposes, which is not legal in Minnesota.

"I smoke marijuana and I'm not ashamed to say it," he told KMSP-TV.

But police said the amount of marijuana that was found is more typical for those who intend to distribute it.

hxxp://tinyurl.com/dyk7aqj

I don't really blame the kid for getting fed up over it, but sending his parents to jail because they were smoking marijuana? That's just stupid.

Fed up? He was probably just pissed that they wouldn't buy him the new video game he wanted or something similar. That kid should try living with parents that are alcoholics...maybe he will end up in some nice foster home....

When I was a kid I was glad to smell MJ smoke. I knew if I smelled it the ol' man was gonna be in a good mood. If I did not smell it.............Look out because he was gonna be meaner than rabid dog.

The X is most likely the influence on how and what the kid knows about weed.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Fed up? He was probably just pissed that they wouldn't buy him the new video game he wanted so something similar. That kid should try living with parents that are alcoholics...maybe he will end up in some nice foster home....

:aok:

I'm with Grower13, probably the x trying to stick it to the mom for having dumped him. All though, she is a hypocrite, being a probation officer and all. :holysheep: :eek:

Well hate me if u will but I dont think parents should smoke MJ around children.. espescially 11 year olds.. If it was a MMS I would think different possibly and I agree with HG on the alcoholic thing, I mean it could be alot worst if the parents were alcoholics but nah not around children that are taught to say no to drugs.. so to speak.. Hero

hero4u2b said:
Well hate me if u will but I dont think parents should smoke MJ around children.. espescially 11 year olds.. If it was a MMS I would think different possibly and I agree with HG on the alcoholic thing, I mean it could be alot worst if the parents were alcoholics but nah not around children that are taught to say no to drugs.. so to speak.. Hero

I agree.

Lot of things that don't add up in this story....if they were really smoking weed around the kid and subjecting him to the second hand smoke then they got what they deserved although I think the ex played a big role in this. 8 pounds in Walmart bags says we got something other then MMJ going on. I wonder how many peeps this soon to be ex probation officer has dealt with regarding MJ usage and if she ever felt like the hypocrite she was?

And did it occour to them to put the 8 pounds somewhere an 11 year old wont find it, i doubt it, just stupid if you ask me.

My son would never have turned me or his mother in. I'd say there's something going on besides marijuana. Like Hammy said, things don't add up.

hero4u2b said:

If you believe that you can hide smoking from kids that age, you are probably mistaken. I dealt with marijuana on an honest basis with my kids from the time they were small. We talked about it, about the fact that it was illegal, and why I did it. I feel that my kids were far better off with me being honest, rather than trying to hide something that they probably knew you are doing anyhow.

You know HG I am not a parent so I cannot judge, impulsivly my first response is no.. never around a child who is taught in school and from others ( including myself) never to begin taking drugs or alcohol of any type at least until you are 18 and still with gr8 caution. If I did have young children and had to smoke weed I would either try and hide it from them or do as you did HG.( very admirable speaking with them honestly like that). personally I think drug abuse is a killer of children and who ( some) grow up to become addicts and struggle in life with all kinds of issues. I can attest to this first hand. Not to play victim but I remember being 11 or so and having 2 older brothers who smoked weed and when their friends were over they would toss me a bag of weed and a pack of papers and show how their 11 year old little brother could roll a perfect joint.. Everyone got a kick of it, I even felt proud until about the age of 20 when I really started to stuggle with substance abuse issue's. I am not saying everyone turns out to be addicts.. ( nasty word huh guys) but I did and I wasted the majority of my life in and out of jails. institutions and even prison. Thankfully and by the grace of others who came before me I got clean in 1987 for 5 years until I had a surgery and started using percocet which inevietably turned into a herion/ methadone clinic problem. and after finally getting off of opiod drugs in January of 2002, I will celebrate 10 years clean from all drugs. I do struggle with nicotine addiction still and hope to someday be free from those nasty things as well. I am not judging anyone here. I have friends. even relitives that smoke weed and thats about as far as they take it. My older brother and his wife can have an oz of weed sitting around their house for 6 months and really only smoke when their friends visit. I love growing MJ and love to see the plants develop. flower and can still appreciate beautiful looking colas. just my 2 cents and. I am hoping not to offend anyone here. Hero

WOW...
thats some heavy sheet......
the question really is did the boy or ex know about the "8lbs" and maybe the boy was sick of people coming over.day and night. yes this is not mentioned but 8lbs isnt for yourself...
HG i have a few friends who there parents are boozers... and your right it sucks it sucks hardcore...

i am a young father and have 2 boys... lucky for me there at the age where they dont know any better and just reffer to it as a plant.. or veggies...
i do my best to "hide" it from em but i know someday i will have to face gte the facts with em and have the talk with em...
worries me to death lol i dont know how to approch the situation.. i figure to say yes i smoke but no i dont grow lol...

LH

The Hemp Goddess said:
If you believe that you can hide smoking from kids that age, you are probably mistaken. I dealt with marijuana on an honest basis with my kids from the time they were small. We talked about it, about the fact that it was illegal, and why I did it. I feel that my kids were far better off with me being honest, rather than trying to hide something that they probably knew you are doing anyhow.

that is what i am banking on THG---just had that talk with my 10 yr old daughter after finding a couple pictures of a plant outside over the summer and the cupboard of mason jars on her cell phone---her mom is a 24 hr smoker---horrible divorce---mom made a threat of calling the heat on me cause she saw the pics---i am legal---just a little paranoid about the day if she decides to drop dime to stir up the pot---my philosophy has always been be straight up with those around you---i know my daughter knew what was going on and the umpa loompas do not live in my garage---just a bit of an uncomfortable subject to talk about with a 10 yr old---guess that's just part of being a parent---sure there will be a few more uncomfortable topics to discuss with her soon enough---any more advice THG

With the DARE programs in most of the schools, kids get an early education about drug use early in grade school these days. It is very hard to explain to your 12 year old the LEO talking at your school is wrong about pot and is right about the other stuff. I never grew while my kids were living at home. And yeah, I smoked alotta of crappy over priced weed too. I hold hope that one day I'll be free to grow, smoke and share without fear.

You just gotta tell them the truth. We did it the way THG did. When my son found my pipe and asked what it is and why does it smell like that? When he was in the dare program he already knew about most drugs from my wife and me talking to him. He also said he didn't want to take the dare pledge to stay off drugs cause he wasn't sure he wouldn't do some. Of course we told him it was up to him and we hoped he wouldn't do any hard drugs, like cigarettes and alcohol, but we would always support him no matter what. He is now 21 and a great son. Not that we didn't have problems with him, but we all have to make our own way. Stay safe MPer's and happy holidays. :)

Grower13 said:
With the DARE programs in most of the schools, kids get an early education about drug use early in grade school these days. It is very hard to explain to your 12 year old the LEO talking at your school is wrong about pot and is right about the other stuff. I never grew while my kids were living at home. And yeah, I smoked alotta of crappy over priced weed too. I hold hope that one day I'll be free to grow, smoke and share without fear.

I agree. And it is possible to be discreet around kids.

But yes, something is fishy about the story and I feel key info is missing.

Latest posts

Back