12/12 from seed, 1200w

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't jump in blind, done a bit of research 1st

using canna a and b at the mo with superthrive every other feed

I don't know about canna A and B, but superthrive is mostly used for rooting and or stressed plants. doesn't really help in the vegging cycle.
We want you to finish too.

there is about a 0% chance those plants will be done by May 1st... sorry but that's less then 5 weeks out... they may not even start to flower before that date... :48:

Been doing a fair bit of research and am wondering if it's worth switching it to an 18 hr day, 6 on and 12 off?

It says that plants are at their maximum growth for the first 50-60% of the day then it rapidly diminishes in the last 20-30%, so if you follow this cycle then you're cutting off 25% of the flowering time in theory.

What's your thoughts on this?

Obviously don't want to stress the ladies out. I've copied and pasted part of the article below and i'll put the full link there as well

Growing with an 18 hour Day/Night Cycle

The theory behind the 18 hour Day/Night cycle is that during a normal 24 hour light cycle plants will usually achieve high growth rates peaking at 100% capacity during the first 50 - 60% of the day. The growth rates will then diminish rapidly and the last 20 - 30% of the day achieves minimal growth. So by reducing the length of the day we are triggering an increased growth mode where the growth rates are at their peak for the majority of the day. This effectively achieves a very fast growth cycle with full yield potential.

NOTE: To achieve these incredible growth rates it is important to provide maximum light intensities and CO2 enriched conditions. The recommended lighting is 600W per square metre.

The Cycles

Vegetative Cycle -
Lights ON 14 hours
Lights OFF 4 hours

Flowering Cycle -
Lights ON 6 hours
Lights OFF 12 hours
​

The Benefits

The growth during an 18 hour cycle can be the equivalent to that achieved during a 24 hour cycle. So by running 18 hour cycles the same growth and yield can be achieved in 75% of the time. Reduced day lengths also mean reduced power consumption. Grow more and use less power. Who can argue with that?

http://www.rollitup.org/t/18-hour-light-cycle.158852/

Only thing is I obviously haven't followed the protocol from the start but could be an idea..

Yes at your stage going to 18 hrs on 6 hours off will veg your plants getting them mature till you flip to 12/12 lighting to flower.

Hope you got more time then may 5 or your fudged bro

Already on 12/12 bro, need to speed up the flowering time, hence the research.

Deadline can't be changed. Been reading all night.

An the basis I've got so far, is that if I flowered on an 18 hr day cycle, not a 24hr cycle

Doing 6 on and 12 off it will cut flowering time by 30%,

Will lose the same in yield from what I can gather but will be a finished crop....

It kinda makes sense but again I wouldn't wanna stress the girls to hermie state (been reading alot! lol)

An the basis I've got so far, is that if I flowered on an 18 hr day cycle, not a 24hr cycle

Will lose the same in yield from what I can gather but will be a finished crop....

It kinda makes sense but again I wouldn't wanna stress the girls to hermie state (been reading alot! lol)

again those plants have a ZERO % chance of being done in your time frame...

sorry but your simply wasting money and your time... what your trying to do just cannot be done...

What are you going to do with the unused 6 hours?

Listen to these guys.. I don't know riu, but I know these guys and they will speak the truth. We are lucky to have them.

Im still confused why your here. Are you asking for help or just telling us how Your going to grow regardless of what anybody else recommends?
It Makes no since.

No, it really doesn't work like that and I don't think that it probably makes sense to anyone that has grown for any length of time and understands the plant. The plant needs time to flower--and even if going to an 18 hour day and a 6-12 light cycle worked and actually did cut the flowering time down by 30% (never actually seen it work and I have been growing for a long time), it would still not give you enough time. Like JAAM, I really believe that there is zero chance of these finishing by May 1.

I also believe that plants get confused with an 18 hour day. Even when we manipulate our indoor lighting, we still use a 24 hour day.

Read the drivel from over there.
Just a theory and the op never tried it.

Of course I've been listening and have also been researching my *** off to try and find a formula/way to get there somehow. Everyone has different techniques and approaches.
In an ideal world i'd of vegged on 18/6 for 2-4 weeks then done an 8-10 week 12/12 in flowering. I don't have that option

If you read what I've written I'm saying I've done research to see if it is possible. I am not going to give up, who gives up in life? Not me, ever.

I've invested so the ship is in motion, regardless.

With the 'unused 6hrs' it would be lights on again then off for 12.

I have digital timers with up to 8 settings per day.

Again, I'm doing research and sharing it to see if anyone has maybe heard of these techniques and what are their thoughts on what I've found.

You've seen the picture, would you give up? That's not and never will be me.

Also, as I mentioned previously, I am going to proceed and keep you guys informed. If you're not willing to have an input or see the results then unfollow the thread.
I don't mean that in a patronising way but negative thoughts breed negative energy
Who knows what the outcome is going to be if I was to change tactics We can only predict, I'm aware of the usual techniques, even more so now thanks to the great people on this forum.

Joe420 is on the same page. 'Them ladies look nice, let's figure out a way to get them done'
That's why I'm here and that's why I'm researching vigorously, every night

Maybe I could find someone to be here after I have to leave but at the moment that option isn't available

Jaam, hemp goddess and rosebud thanks for honest outlook and input so far, appreciated

Dude what we have been trying to tell you is how to get the most bang for your buck.

For veg 24/7 till they mature.
12/12 for flower.

They only way to speed up the process is to make the conditions ideal for your grow. You will not change a process overnight that has taken a million years for nature to get right.

I have read about it many years back it's not a new idea but I have never read about someone doing it. If it worked we would all be doing it. Still you don't have a choice you are not going to get there using traditional methods.I wish you luck if it works I'll be doing it on my next grow.

Maybe I could find someone to be here after I have to leave but at the moment that option isn't available

Maybe you could find a way to automate the last couple of weeks? how long will you have to be gone?

Of course I've been listening and have also been researching my *** off to try and find a formula/way to get there somehow. Everyone has different techniques and approaches.
In an ideal world i'd of vegged on 18/6 for 2-4 weeks then done an 8-10 week 12/12 in flowering. I don't have that option

If you read what I've written I'm saying I've done research to see if it is possible. I am not going to give up, who gives up in life? Not me, ever.

I've invested so the ship is in motion, regardless.

With the 'unused 6hrs' it would be lights on again then off for 12.

I have digital timers with up to 8 settings per day.

Again, I'm doing research and sharing it to see if anyone has maybe heard of these techniques and what are their thoughts on what I've found.

You've seen the picture, would you give up? That's not and never will be me.

Also, as I mentioned previously, I am going to proceed and keep you guys informed. If you're not willing to have an input or see the results then unfollow the thread.
I don't mean that in a patronising way but negative thoughts breed negative energy
Who knows what the outcome is going to be if I was to change tactics We can only predict, I'm aware of the usual techniques, even more so now thanks to the great people on this forum.

Joe420 is on the same page. 'Them ladies look nice, let's figure out a way to get them done'
That's why I'm here and that's why I'm researching vigorously, every night

Jaam, hemp goddess and rosebud thanks for honest outlook and input so far, appreciated

It would be great if there really were some way to speed up flowering THAT WORKED. But, and I don't care how much research you do, this is not a good growing method and does not work, which is why people do not do it.

Yes, in the time constraints you have, I would quit. You are beating a dead horse--just wasting time, effort, and money on something that simply does not work. No matter what you think, you cannot change the biology of the plant...

I just invented the Wheel,,,,,,,yehaaaaaaaa

Latest posts

Back