13 hr veg 10 hr flower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caveman4.20

Reaction score
In this log i will share why and how I grow the way I do. I just started up with two trays of seeds and two gifted clones of Strawberry Og...hopefully, just hopefully I will find a Worthy male to dust every single clone that meets the cut.

At first I wanted to just bombard with info, but Id rather hold back on that and just wait for the dialogue to happen organically. So, for a quick intro...

The two trays of seeds popped are from a Tripple Og Mom crossed to a Diesel Skunk. So im basically doing a breeding project to find a male that helps me acclimate this strawberry og for the High Rocky Mountain outdoor short grow season (without a greenhouse), hopefully finishing out by the first week of Sept. 2021

wish me luck!

Pics coming soon...

Yeah i always heard an extra hour of dark While in flower is better then an extra hour of light,,but to each his own. Whatever works.

Hey Caveman - putting a couple of your posts together you mentioned you are looking for trippy weed - the guy that runs Mass Medical strains seems to like it like you do and on one of his recent podcasts he discussed how an 11 on 13 off schedule brings out more of the Sativa side in whatever he runs. I’ve not tried a side by side to see for myself but thought I’d mention it. Pulling up my chair for the show

Glad you are here bro....and have a question......if you don't mind.......what do you do with the extra hour every day.......
in veg, the 13 hr turns on in the middle of veg to interrupt the darkness and maintain the veg phase and then when it comes to flip them I remove the interrupted hour in darkness and shorten the lights on from 12 to 10 to shorten the day...

i make everything complicated but, in the end, I try to make it more simple, in a complicated way... i guess in short, I'm weird like that. I just cant get away from searching through Sativas, hey but I've grown indices this way as well and I personally have not run into undesired problems.

Soon I will post pics to help clarify, I just have to find that timer collecting dust.

Good morning everyone

Hey Caveman - putting a couple of your posts together you mentioned you are looking for trippy weed - the guy that runs Mass Medical strains seems to like it like you do and on one of his recent podcasts he discussed how an 11 on 13 off schedule brings out more of the Sativa side in whatever he runs. I’ve not tried a side by side to see for myself but thought I’d mention it. Pulling up my chair for the show
I tried the 11 and didn't see much difference and when I went to 10 on 14 off I noticed much more variance in chemotypes without any sacrifice to yield. Go head and post a link of Brother Mass Medicals podcast so I can peep out what he has to say.

get comfy its going to smell like popcorn soon

Yesser and i did notice a difference in trichs using that light schedule instead of 12/12.

He has covered it better in other ones, but he discusses the why on the recent growing long flowering sativas one. I think he scrambles his voice which makes it a little weird to listen to at first but I got used to it pretty quick

He has covered it better in other ones, but he discusses the why on the recent growing long flowering sativas one. I think he scrambles his voice which makes it a little weird to listen to at first but I got used to it pretty quick

Right on....i always tell myself to bite my tongue but I'm not very disciplined so here goes it, before I listen to this podcast... i like to smoke my trippy sativas a tad bit undercured and slightly premature of when most people cut em down....
thanks again for the podcast. i am going to listen to it now

Peace and Chicken Grease

are all the audios morphed? i couldn't handle more then 30 seconds of it and I'm ignorant of how to speed the voice up to a tolerable sound ...

I do first 2 weeks 12/12 the next 2 weeks 11/13 the rest of the flower period I leave at 10/14 my yields went up 10 to 15 % from the change flowering under 6 de 1k hps:D

2b2s

They are and I agree they are a bit to get used to. you actually peaked my interest and I found and listened to his episode That was all about light cycles (about 20 minutes). I’m wondering if there are transcripts or something to be able to read them through. What he said though was basically you do you so your timing scheme is well within that line of thought. A lot of it was “if everyone did the same thing, it would lead to the same boring results” So he recommends for example to run the sativas in the summer and take advantage of the hotter temps, keep the lights at like 11/13 and if you have good air flow and circulation, feel free to let the humidity stay a bit high. He ran side by sides with the same clones and really saw a big difference when the environment was changed up. (There you go, saved you 20 minutes of ear torture)

They are and I agree they are a bit to get used to. you actually peaked my interest and I found and listened to his episode That was all about light cycles (about 20 minutes). I’m wondering if there are transcripts or something to be able to read them through. What he said though was basically you do you so your timing scheme is well within that line of thought. A lot of it was “if everyone did the same thing, it would lead to the same boring results” So he recommends for example to run the sativas in the summer and take advantage of the hotter temps, keep the lights at like 11/13 and if you have good air flow and circulation, feel free to let the humidity stay a bit high. He ran side by sides with the same clones and really saw a big difference when the environment was changed up. (There you go, saved you 20 minutes of ear torture)
much appreciated kind sir

What mind trippin' sativas do you like ? My favorite one is Apollo 13. Also have grown and like Dr. Grinspoon, a landrace sativa. Just got a seed order of Dr. Grinspoon 26% thc and Bruce Banner 28% thc.

Yep,,i got some of them Apollo 13. A good friend sent them to me with several other strains.😉

Latest posts

Back