150 watts hps with autos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CowboyBudsky said:
So with my 4ft 6tube T5(each tube is 54watts @ 5000 lumens)
6x54=324 watts x 1/4 gm(min) = 81 gms or 2.8 oz,,,,If everything else is done correct.
I was just curiuos..Cause I do see the possibility, judging by what Ive seen on my girls so far of getting close to that,, with my Floras. And yes I know I could get more with HPS. But,,, I am happy with my Floras,,, and out of Money.:D

The thing with fluoros isn't that they will not grow good bud, they absolutely will. I am especially impressed with the T5s.

The thing about fluoros is that many people use fluoros because they believe they are cheaper and cooler but, watt for watt and lumen for lumen, they are not. :D I know that you do not believe that fluoros are hotter, but the tubes you are using have approx 675 sq in of surface area for the heat to dissapate. Two 150W HPS have approx 50 sq in to dissapate the heat. :D This is why the HPS seems hotter.

The Hemp Goddess said:
The thing with fluoros isn't that they will not grow good bud, they absolutely will. I am especially impressed with the T5s.

The thing about fluoros is that many people use fluoros because they believe they are cheaper and cooler but, watt for watt and lumen for lumen, they are not. :D I know that you do not believe that fluoros are hotter, but the tubes you are using have approx 675 sq in of surface area for the heat to dissapate. Two 150W HPS have approx 50 sq in to dissapate the heat. :D This is why the HPS seems hotter.

My main reason for the T5's and not HIDs is that I already have the Floras,,, and,,,I have no need to spend more money,, to attain my misson,, of not buying street crap. Which I have now almost completed my Mission.:hubba: Yes I understand the disapation argument thingy.;)
I also want to make sure everybody understands something. I dont use Floras cause Im partial to them(Although I do really like these T5"s) I use them because thats what I got a deal on. If I had gotten the HID's I would have loved them Im sure. As for my believe about the (T5's) and HIDs and the heat they put off. Thats just what I have felt physiclly. Not cause I am opposed to HIDs in anyway. I Wish I had a 400watt HPS and everyhting I would need to keep it cool,,,BUT I dont,,and I dont need them enough to spend the money. My T5's give me a nice Harvest without the HIDS and Spending more Doe. When it comes to Vegging,,I will put my T5's up against MH though. I believe they will make Floras even better someday.The 54 watt 5000 lums is a good start.

My first few grows were with 12 cfl's and I got some decent yields, but after I invested in HID lighting and got some better nutrients I more than doubled the yield I was getting before.... I only use flouro for Mothers and clones now..

CowboyBudsky said:
When it comes to Vegging,,I will put my T5's up against MH though. I believe they will make Floras even better someday.The 54 watt 5000 lums is a good start.

:D Me, too!

MindzEye said:
My first few grows were with 12 cfl's and I got some decent yields, but after I invested in HID lighting and got some better nutrients I more than doubled the yield I was getting before.... I only use flouro for Mothers and clones now..

I was using some CFL's for awhile with my T5's. The CFL's are hotter then my T5's tubes.Anyway,, I took them outta the box.It dropped the temp 3%, and stopped burning my leaves.The plants grow so fast that the leaves get into the dang CFL's before I can adjust them.:ignore: Anyway,,T5's worken fine.

hi i grew with a 400w in a 6 foot high 4 feet wide 2 feet deep in a room this set up i have now in a closet it is 4 feet tall 3 feet wide 1 1/2 foot deep and i cant put 2 150w hps if one olny cover 2by2 space

rottielover said:
hi people i was just wondering if i could use t5 flos with the 150 watt hps in a set up 4ft tall 3 ft long 1 1/2w and i am using 3 3 gallen bags 1 plant in each differnt bags and 2 in 1 bag thats 4 hindu kush how much food do i add in a 3 gallen water bucket to feed them and how do you think i would do thanks people

There are many people who believe that you can't grow anything with a 150wat hps and that is not ture! Look at this site and you will see. I am using a 150watt hps for my grow of 6 plants and they are getting enough light and lookin good. This site will help.

Its all about the Lumens and Color. Two 150 watt HPS put out about 30,000 lumes are more,,according to bulb. Thats enough for 6sf of grow area,,no matter how ya cut it.

And thanks HG,,I do have a question though. My t5s,324 watts, put out 30,000 lumens,,so am I to believe that 300 watts of HPS is still better then the 300 watt T5's? If so,,Why? Just curious. And I aint saying thier not,,I*m just woudering Why,,if the Lums psf and Color Spec are the same.And by the way,,HG knows,,cause I told her. I am gonna purchase a couple 150 HPS or a 400,, when I get back from working Outta town and give them a try. With my setup,,2 150's might work better for coverage,,Will look into it.

Latest posts

Back