1500w MH for closet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pastor420

Ancora Imparo
Reaction score
I was given a 1500w MH ballast recently, and wondered what kind of airflow would be needed in order to use this in a 2 x 4 x 8 closet.

Would a 6" Vortex be enough?

sounds like overkill to me but with the right venting can be done..6" prob may do it but not sure thats alot of light for that space! anybody else?

Currently using a 400W HPS, but you know what they say about light......

anybody no how many whats [per sq/ft that would be..1500w in a 2x4x8..? to baked to do math 24x48 etc etc..?11 sumthing / by.er

2 x 4 = 8 square feet

1500w / 8sq.ft = 187.5 watts per square foot.

That is a hell of a lot of light per square foot.

correct pewpew;) i did 24x48 = 1152 / 144 = 8.sqft same thing 187.5 their is no way in hell you could keep that room cool.. for kiler and i do meen killer huge nugz you should have 40-60watts per sq/ft you are in overkill zone... the more light does not meen the better.. you want good light,good intake,good vent,good humidity,good setup all together!

I would try to sell and buy a smaller HPS/MH combo if I were you. There is no need for that much light in that space. A 400watt would do that space just fine.

I agree it would be overkill, but more power is always a temptation. LOL.

What would be the minimum size you would suggest for this size light? 6x6? 10x10?

I got a similare size room and i am having issues with heat with a 400W i could'nt imagine 1500W!!

I think that I will need to put this project on the back burner. Heat is the main issue coming up and that means more fan. Time to start saving up again. LOL

What size fan (CFM) are you running bigbudsbruddah? I'm keeping my 400 cool with a 180 CFM.

I have a 90 cfm vent running out. The problem is it dump into the other side of my closet so it does'nt do to much for teh heat. Also got 2 small fans blowing in there. My problem is i poly up in my room so it pretty air tight. So i keep it open as much as possible it let it air out.

Latest posts

Back