19+ hours on seedlings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nomad

Organic Grower
Reaction score
I have did a lot of research but I havnt read anything that says it is harmful or good to put 19+ hours of light on a seedling. Can anyone tell me the maximum a seedling needs? (Seedling as in first set of baby leaves and small set of real leaves comming through)

hmm i got my babies on 24/0 im not too sure either but mine are doing great at the moment, lovin the light i'll show you a pic but i'll check this thread for my own insight too :p

Picture 46.jpg

Picture 43.jpg

LoL yeah those look pretty good for 24-0 so it must not hurt them.

i just started 12 seeds under 400w MH at 18/6 and they seem to love it. I belive that 18/6 or 20/4 are good times because it gives your plant alittle time to grow tall. When you have 24/0 your plants dont have a dark period to search for light and grow up, they still do of course but they mostly bulk out, wich is also good. My babies are 3 1/2 weeks old, all mostly 7 inches tall and pretty bushy. If only i had a good camera i could take some pics.

...I agree with rocker420, In my experience a 4-6 hour dark cycle seems to be the best for seedlings. However, some like 24/0 for their seedlings.

I maybe wrong but I think I remember reading that 24/0 can help produce more males than females?

I prefer 24/0 for seedlings and all plants up to the flowering period.

Anything over 18 hours of light doesnt mean anything.
Plants can use up to 18 hours a day, if you give them more it doesnt hurt a thing.

i start my seedlings off at 24/7 lighting then when there about 7in tall i go to 18/6 then when flowering time comes its 12/12 and mine ae all beautiful too bad i dont got a camera.

Latest posts

Back