1st grow - 2 weeks from germ - stunted/yellow?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SDotee

Reaction score
Grow is in Soil - Soil used is local organic
Grown in - Carton type 3x3" pots ( to be transplanted later )
Water - Distilled water
Strains: WW / AK /Skunk/ 2 unknown
Plants Count: 8 total ( 2 not shown)
Lights: 400w MH (~6k lumen per)
Vege: Placed in vege 8 days ago
Water schedule: Every day if dry
Nute Schedule: Every other FF-BB 1/2 (Started on Friday, only 2 nute waterings)
Ventilation:Sealed cabinet with 4" intake and 8" outtake (350CFM) -Intake is 2x filtered
Air movement: 6" circulating fan
Temps: right under lights 80F around , sides 77F

Problem: The growth is slow I think, tomorrow will be 2 weeks since germ. All the plants took 3-4 days to show 2 leaves, then they went under the 400w HM, which has now been 8-9 days. The leaves are very light, almost lime color, the 'yellowing' is starting to show in the middle of the leave veins, not the vein itself but that area (middle). I have attached a few pics with the hope that someone will know what is wrong. The 'rounded' leaves on almost all the plants are drooping/curling from the front down/inward.

I water everyday because with the carton pots dry out quickly. If I put my finger in about 2" down and it feels 'moist' I wait for the next day.

Also, the problem was starting before the low conc. nutes were added to every other watering (only 2 nute waterings so far)

I would sincerely appreciate some assistance. Thanks

Update: I've done a lot of reading, and keep coming back to Sulfur def. Would that be it?

top2.jpeg

top3.jpeg

all.jpeg

I was weary of the soil, so I went ahead with a weakened FF Big Bloom mixture. However, the plants were turning slight yellow and lime color prior to the nutes.

I was thinking that I was overwatering, but honest to science/god the soil is dry to the bone when I water ( from the carton type pots ).

I will stop the nutes and not water for 3 days. Any more any suggestions?

Much appreciated, ty

when you water every day you are almost flushing the plants and straving them of nutes..they are getting water but the food is not there to give lush green growth. your watering them every day..how much are you watering..? cause those pics they look bone dry!?

Is the soil your using a straight mix or does it have time release ferts in it?

I have a Milwaukee pH meter. I checked my distilled water and the pH is 7.5.

I used some coffee grounds to lower the pH to 6.6 of the distilled water.

I gave them a good bathing.

How would I measure the soil pH with a handheld pH meter?

The soil doesn't have any time release ferts I think. Being organic wouldn't it just be straight soil? There isn't any mention on the bag about there being nutes of any kind.

to get the ph of the soil u just gotta measure the run off of the water after u finish watering

Put the light closer to them, they are not getting enough.

Don't give them nutes yet...wait a week then give them a small pinch to your water supply

Transplant them sooner than later, you have like 3 weeks though

good luck
destroyer

SDotee said:
I have a Milwaukee pH meter. I checked my distilled water and the pH is 7.5.

I used some coffee grounds to lower the pH to 6.6 of the distilled water.

I gave them a good bathing.

How would I measure the soil pH with a handheld pH meter?

The soil doesn't have any time release ferts I think. Being organic wouldn't it just be straight soil? There isn't any mention on the bag about there being nutes of any kind.

Your ph should be 5.8 and you should buy some ph down.

I really don't know what to do..... I have done the following:

(For the record there has been literally small to no growth at all since my last post. I have done the following)

- Made sure the run off of my soil is within limits, it comes in at 6.2
- Bought four plastic pots and new organic soil ( MG brand )
- Germed two new seeds in the MG soil and transplanted two plants
- Got another temperature monitor to ensure 79F

Now the newly germ-d plants are showing symptoms like the rest......... I'm so depressed when I think about the plants. I don't know what else to do really.

I ordered FF Ocean soil and some pH Down to get away from the coffee solution.

I have attached some new pics:

Any help would be appreciated,

New Seed.JPG

New Seed2.JPG

old1.JPG

old2.JPG

transplanted1.JPG

transplanted2.JPG

temp.JPG

setup.JPG

Solution:

The local organic soil was the problem. Both the MG(MiracleGrow Organic) and the FF (FoxFarm) both have revived all the girls. Even the plant below (Attached pic) has new leaves and old ones are slightly turning green. I replanted this plant in the cardboard type square pot again as a test, and she is doing well!

Thanks to everyone who assisted. I will add some new pics tonight I hope.

old2.JPG

IMO, getting the pH from 7.9 to where it should be will make the biggest difference.

Latest posts

Back