1st grow, should I start to flower now and clone? How does she look?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2Dog said:
she kind of looks like a mix to me. More indica than sativa thats for sure
wierd, leaves look like a straight up sativa :giggle:

Finally got my lights today and switched to 12/12 at 2700K. I just took these pics. Is she already flowering? About how long does it take to flower, 10 weeks? She is going to be huge I think!

Don't worry, I have not setup any of my cfl's in there yet. Much more light to come.

Thanks as always!

flower.png

flower1.png

plant.png

****-dog said:
Finally got my lights today and switched to 12/12 at 2700K. I just took these pics. Is she already flowering? About how long does it take to flower, 10 weeks? She is going to be huge I think!

Don't worry, I have not setup any of my cfl's in there yet. Much more light to come.

Thanks as always!
No, the plant isn't flowering yet, but you'll see flowers after about 7 to 10 days at 12/12.

It'll be very obvious to you when the flowers start forming. The plant may double or even triple in height during the flowering growth. You may want to put it into a larger container. What size is the one it's in now?

A 5 gallon bucket. I am thinking it may be root bound at this point. Not sure though.

No, that doesn't look like it's large enough to be root bound in a 5 gallon container.

If you've placed your plant into flower now, then you only have a couple weeks of root or leaf growth left anyway. Most of it will be done after two weeks of flowering.

If you have a 10 gallon container you want to transplant into, then you'll want to get it done now. Be very gentle with the plant to minimize any transplant shock while entering the flowering portion of the grow.

I am not sure if it is or not. It is still growing for sure. I just know that the roots are at the surface and extend to the sides. Not sure how deep they go though. I do not have anything to transplant it into but I could get like a 12 or 14 inch pot tomorrow if need be. This is my first attempt and I would like to see it through to any quantity of bud.

I am going to start my bloom nutes Friday or Saturday. My clones have been going for about 5 days now and they are looking good. Will the plant really double in size in just a couple weeks? Wow! Thought it would take the whole flowering time to double.

It does the majority of it's vertical growth in the first 2-3 weeks of flowering and then, depending on the strain will level off or slowly continue some upward growth... usually about double for indica dom plants and closer to triple or more or sativa dom strains and who knows for hybrids...

Good Luck!:cool:

I started flowering my current grow when plants were around 18 in and now at the end of flowering they are 36in tall... They are hybrids...

Also there is no way that plant is root bound, I grow in 5 gallon buckets and even at 36 in and 10 weeks into flowering they still arent root bound

THANKS! My girl appears to definitely be a hybrid. She is 26" tall. I really did not want to transplant at this point. I have almost killed her 3 times and everything is currently going well. I have learned allot in the past few months.

The general rule of thumb is 1 gal per foot of height. So a 5 gal container should support a 5' plant.

Thanks for all the help everyone. If all goes well what kind of harvest could I possibly expect out of this. Maybe 1 ounce? She is currently 2 feet 2 inches. If what everyone says is accurate I am guessing she will reach 4.5 feet tall.

With the right lighting and nutes you should harvest a lot more than an ounce, my plants were smaller than that when i flower and Im looking at 2-3 ounces per plant... without knowing the strain its hard to tell though...

Cool, that sounds great to me! I could even give some to my buddy.

MindzEye said:
With the right lighting and nutes you should harvest a lot more than an ounce, my plants were smaller than that when i flower and Im looking at 2-3 ounces per plant... without knowing the strain its hard to tell though...

:yeahthat:

The 400W HPS will make a lot of difference. With a plant 4' or so, I would also expect that you could get 2-3 ozs if other aspects of your grow are dialed in within acceptable parameters. Your girl looks great.

So, today is my 6th day of flowering. I bought a new ph kit bc my other one was years old and I figured why not. The new test shows about 2 points ( as in a ph of 8 is now 6) lower than my old. I also started my bloom nutes 2 days ago and also started using molasses.

I looked at the plant today and it had 7 leaves that turned yellow and upon a slight touch they fell. They where all towards the bottom/middle of the plant. Could it be nute burn? Could a ph swing be the culprit? I have read that in flowering the leaves due turn yellow but they do not fall off. My runoff is the same as the watering, 5.5 to 6 now. I am using general hydroponics bloom nutes. I used 13cc's of nutes to to 2 1/4 quarts of water mixed with a little less than 1 tsp of molasses. I used half the pitcher to water so about 7ccs/7ml and 1 quart of water. I have a feeling it may have been to much nutes..:rolleyes:

thanks all

aaa.png

bbb.png

Latest posts

Back