1st time Closet grow. Lets make this work!!!!!!!

• Thread starter PeaceLove&FreeBudz
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PeaceLove&FreeBudz said:
are these lamps ecpensive to run? like what am i looking at if its runnen 24/7?

Find your power bill. It should show you your cost per kilowatt hour (Kwh). Let's take mine for example. It is $0.05 (5 cents) per KWH. So for me to run a 400W HPS 24/7:

1) Convert the wattage to KW by dividing by 1000:

400W / 1000 = 0.4 KW

2) Find the total Kwh:

0.4 KW x 24 hours x 30 days (or whatever your bill cycle is) = 288 Kwh

3) Find the cost by multiplying this with your cost per kwh:

288kwh x $0.05 = $14.40 for a 30 day month.

You can do this for each light you use by just knowing the wattage. A CFL at 12w would work out to 43 cents a month for me. Add them all up and you have it :) Don't forget your light cycle for flowering! A lot of people (including myself) use CFL's or floro's for veg (24/7), and hps for flowering, which is only 12 hours a day, chopping the cost of running the HPS light operation in half.

PeaceLove&FreeBudz said:
are these lamps ecpensive to run? like what am i looking at if its runnen 24/7?

Also i was looking at it today and notice it seemed to be a bit weak and wanting to lean. Im worried that the heavier the leaves nd more there become the plant will fall and break its stem. Ive used nutrients as well as running a fan and freash air at about 20 hours a day. and light at 24.
Its oviously somthing im not doing right.
Im thinking i need to learn to keep my grow small at first and not let it run tall.

My pictures should be up by tomorrow. Thanks for knowledge.
I recently set up a grow, I'm running a 1000w air cooled hps(includes exhaust fan), plus two large osc. fans, a stationary fan, , a dehumidifier, a 70w hps and a 150w clf light, I live in Canada and my hydro bill went up $12 last month, I may add another 1000w hps (I think I'm being laid off my job of 19 years real soon) may have to switch from personal to commercial

Reactions: daf

Latest posts

Back