1Timer's first Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1timer

Thank you.

Here is a try. These are my babies after 1 month. What you think?

one month old.jpg

not twins.jpg

pablo one month.jpg

peetie.jpg

Look at those fat leaves. I am a 1st timer too, but those look great to me.

Very nice, compact growth. That's very nice!

Good luck to you!

I am hoping they will get taller. I have not used anything on them so far but distilled water and am in the process of trying to research on what I should do for fertilizer.

But anyhow thanks for the comments and if any of the mods want to just move this over to a different section of the forum to allow for expansion on my little project feel free to.

1timer said:
if any of the mods want to just move this over to a different section of the forum to allow for expansion on my little project feel free to.

You've got it man! For lack of a better name, I chose the obvious.

Good luck man!

Well both of these are bag seeds but they did come from some comercial BC. It is more of a trial and error run for me as of now.

I purchased some miracle grow tomato food and mixed the directed amount with distilled water and used it for the first time last night.

I am using a 600w MH with a nice hood. I purchased a closet to put them in over the past weekend that is 72hx29wx20d which I plan on getting something to line the inside of it with(mylar) and I did purchase some activated charcoal and plan on making my own filter as well. The only thing I really need to find is some kind of fan setup that will not drive me and the wife crazy while it is running.

Anyone can feel free to chime in with advice and thanks a bunch.

Plants are lookin nice 1timer. Very good start

they look very nice and if i was you go with stronger lights and use the slow release stiks for fert. they look very nice to take the risk of getting nute burn good luck

3patas, have you used those slow release sticks before? i saw them the other day at the shop but i wasnt sure since i havent seen much discussion of those here.:fly:

Well here they are 24hrs after adding a little bit of miracle grow tomato food to them. I raised the light a bit to hopefully allow them to stretch a little. They are so compact and bushy I know the lower leaves must be having some difficulty getting the proper amount of light. As far as lighting goes 600w is as high as im going at the moment. I would have to get a different ballast and new bulbs. If I ever get real deep into this it may happen in the future. Right now we are in the process of getting a medical card for my wife who suffers from spinal injuries so that we can be legit about things.

I use a fan to move air across them alot during the day to help simulate the natural wind and to keep temps down. This weekend I am doing the cabinet and hopefully will have them in a little more contained area.

Well without further adue here they are.

above view.JPG

pablo.JPG

peetie.JPG

petie 2.JPG

petie and pablo after miracle grow.JPG

they are looking nice and yes i had use those slow relase sticks and they work good now you goin to need something with alot of nitrogen good luck

Your plants look great, dont worry about the short fat growth that is exactlly what you want.
Keep doin what your doin and your going to get some nice fat buds.

Folks I am a little worried. One plant has some brown rust like spots on it and the other has leaves that are starting to like twist on the ends.

Just a recap on the setup.

Organic soil
Been watered off distilled water up untill about a week ago when I added a watering of miracle grow plant food.
Light cycle is 18/6 with 600w mh

I purchased a cheap $20 ph/nutrient tester and the best I can tell the ph is around 6.7/6.8 it doesnt hit 7.0 on the guage. I did add a small amount of crushed epsom salt to galon of water for this week.

Thanks for any advice and if I left any more prudent info out please ask.

DSCF0002.JPG

DSCF0003.JPG

Good write up but it doesn't discuss what one should do when the ph lvl's are too high. Thanks for all the help. I feel like a worried parent lol.:eek:

you can go to a pet store and buy PH+ or PH- to lower or raise your PH as needed, looks good so far, hope it stays that way for you.

hey my friend you said you gave your babys some nutes and some epsom salt look the first time i did that i burn my plants your soil has all the nuts it needs thats why it tells you in the bag that it will feed upto 3 month if i was you i flush my babys and no more nuts until you think there ready o and no more epsom salt that will cause some problems too anyways good luck and hit me back if you need me i went thru that already peace out

Well yesterday was a sad sad day:(

We had some company over and the wife was not being careful. No one saw anything but it was too close for my own comfort so my gardening is put on hold for a while or atleast untill I feel safe again. Oh well I did learn a few things and I will make my next setup so much better.

Thanks everyone for all the help and get ready for even better times.:eek:

Latest posts

Back