2 questions please help....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trebla781

Reaction score
Ok I havent used nutes on my plants in like 2 weeks they are in 3rd week of flowering and the bottom leaves are starting to get yellow is this because I need to add nutes? and i just recently added a co2 system to my grow box and i heard that they use up nutes faster when co2 is given. and my other question is if I am using coco coir soiless mix could i use those miracle grow plant food spikes? anyone know anything about them? any advice is greatly apreciated:aok:

Yeah. you need neuts. Try MG and see what happens. I myself wouldn't use it but thats just me.

Mrwakenbake is an experienced grower in that coco. Maybe he'll chime in here..

I hope so i need advice from someone who has grown with coco b4

I grow in a coco soil mixture that i make mystelf. Using MG spikes isn't reccomended for ANY cannabis plant IMO. Whether u are using soil coco whatever.

Coco coir is as easy as pie. Organic nutrients is reccomended when using it or atleast i reccomend organic nutes. I have run Metanaturals products successfully in coco and really ANY good organic nutrient is fine for coco.

Just remember, that you must pre adjust pH before you water to 6.5-6.7 and before you feed. Correct pH in, correct pH in the runoff, correct pH in the medium. Amending with a little dolomite lime like with soil is what i do. I just find that it works as an extra buffer there for your pH.

3 weeks into flowering and you Should have some minor yellowing beginning to go on the bottom N E WAYS...

I would suggest upping the strength of the nutes some and see how they react. Right now the plants are still using plenty of Nitrogen and it's still needed. Up your nutrients some and see how they react. Ditch the Miracle Grow .....

i would rather let em yellow than mess em up with stakes .

Thanks alot Wakenbake...but how do i get the ph in the medium to 6.5-6.7? Because i have just straight coco with no dolomite lime...and my plants are already in the grow bags with the coco so how would i add dolomite lime to it? And if the water im using is at 6.5 does that mean that the coco's ph will be 6.5? Maybe you could tell me how to mix the coco for the next grow? sorry for so many dumb questions but i am really new to this =(

wake en bakes giving good advice I would only add that when using COCO it puts out K which can in turn lock out Ca. & Mag. so i would recomend using Cal-Mag with nutes especially first two weeks. otherwise I love usingcoco

Latest posts

Back