2 weeks earlier then strain flower time??? Are my plants ready for harvest??

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Danny73, Nov 30, 2019 at 6:27 PM.

1. Nov 30, 2019 at 6:27 PM #1

Danny73

Danny73

Danny73

Hi all.....this is my 2nd grow I’ve got 2 strawberry OG from Cali-connect and 2 Gelato #33the Larry bird from blimburn seeds the flower time on these are 8-9 weeks 53-64 days but it’s exactly 2 weeks before that time and my trichomes look ready now here are some pics from the microscope they aren’t the best because the fans are blowing the buds around but it’s visible I don’t want that narcotic effect nor do I want super speedy high either somewhere in the middle I’m guessing it’s time now or in a week what do you guys think like I said I’m still a rookie so I’d appreciate the input!!

Attached Files:

2. Nov 30, 2019 at 7:16 PM #2

cardgenius

cardgenius

cardgenius

I’d wait. From your pics you it looks like you still have a fair amount of clear Trichomes.

Lesso, Danny73 and Ganja_Greg like this.
  3. Nov 30, 2019 at 8:30 PM #3

Ganja_Greg

Ganja_Greg

Ganja_Greg

Cannabis Cultivation

Agreed wait there not rdy yet

Lesso and Danny73 like this.
  4. Nov 30, 2019 at 9:16 PM #4

Danny73

Danny73

Danny73

THX GUYS .....By my calendar I’m 2 weeks from harvest I was going to give one last feeding but after seeing the trichs I held off and just going to be feeding them plain ph water and keep a close eye on them do u guys think 2 weeks is fair or about right ? like I said not wanting All amber want something in the middle .

5. Nov 30, 2019 at 10:01 PM #5

stinkyattic

stinkyattic

stinkyattic

her dankness

Lab rat
    2 weeks is fair but do it by magnifying glass ; ) at least get to full cloudy and start looking for a few amber before you even consider chopping , totally worth the extra wait.

Rosebud, Danny73 and Lesso like this.
  6. Dec 1, 2019 at 4:39 AM #6

fellowsped

fellowsped

fellowsped

You can still give them a feeding if you want. Should probably cut out any extra mag. that you might be giving them. Don't want it building up in the bud before harvest. I'm also in the wait camp. Would wait till they pretty much all cloud up and a few go amber but that's just me.

Rosebud and Danny73 like this.
  7. Dec 1, 2019 at 10:58 AM #7

Danny73

Danny73

Danny73

Agreed guys and gals .... thx for the help!! Yes I’ll be definitely using the microscope/magnifying glass I’ll be checking them every cpl days I DO HAVE A QUESTION ... I USE BLOOMCITY ORGANICS KIT TO FERTILIZE ITS ALL ORGANIC SEA BASED AS WELL AS KELP, SILICA BOOST AND HYDROGEN PEROXIDE 35% which oxygenates the water which is the only non organic substance so aside from stopping that being I’m all organic DO I STILL NEED TO FLUSH ? Here’s a cpl pics I took yesterday !

Attached Files:

Lesso likes this.
  8. Dec 1, 2019 at 6:07 PM #8

The Hemp Goddess

The Hemp Goddess

The Hemp Goddess

Granny Mod Staff Member Admin

No need to flush. In fact, if you are organic, you can't actually flush. I have never been a big believer in flushing. Plants look great! You will be happy you waited.

There is a good read here in the Marijuana News section about flushing, or rather non-flushing.

my my and Danny73 like this.
  9. Dec 1, 2019 at 6:39 PM #9

Rosebud

Rosebud

Rosebud

Organic dirt farmer Staff Member Admin Moderator

What she said^^^^^^.

Lesso and Danny73 like this.
  10. Dec 1, 2019 at 11:36 PM #10

Danny73

Danny73

Danny73

That totally makes sense.... you’re awesome and I appreciate all the help you’ve given me! I just watered with straight R O water last night and boy my leaves all started turning yellow already is that why you’re saying I can’t flush?

11. Dec 2, 2019 at 2:04 AM #11

The Hemp Goddess

The Hemp Goddess

The Hemp Goddess

Granny Mod Staff Member Admin

No. When you do a flush, you are attempting to wash away any nutrients/salts that exist within the soil. With organic, the soil itself feeds the plant. You cannot wash the "nutrients" out as they are, essentially, the soil.

LOL--Your leaves are not turning yellow from a single RO only watering last night. Anything you are seeing now probably started 2 weeks ago. While you can kill a plant quickly with way to much food, few things happen overnight, especially with organic. I don't think I would quit feeding them yet--2 weeks is a long time to go with no food.

12. Dec 2, 2019 at 2:48 AM #12

Danny73

Danny73

Danny73

I hear ya .... agreed it started earlier remember I posted why are my leaves turning this color ? We all thought it was some sort of deficiency but it was just my plant telling me it’s almost time I guess ....but just to clarify I’m not using super soil I’m using a sprinkle in dried up crustaceans etc. That are all organic and I mix in soil once a week it’s a kit from BLOOMCITY so I’m not sure if it’s what you’re thinking.... or is it? Lol

13. Dec 2, 2019 at 8:05 PM #13

burnin1

burnin1

burnin1

Welcome

Danny73 likes this.
  14. Dec 2, 2019 at 9:57 PM #14

stepheneking

stepheneking

stepheneking

Welcome! Plants look great and you are looking like your getting close! I harvested one right at the point your looking for and man that **** was great! Good Luck. In the end listen to your girl, she'll tell you! ;)

Danny73 likes this.
  15. Dec 3, 2019 at 12:26 PM #15

Danny73

Danny73

Danny73

Thanks man I really appreciate the compliment I do put my heart n soul into this thing I’m just glad my girls are right where they are supposed to be.... except I can’t get those pretty purple leaves I’ve seen on other gelato strains in one of my reads I read that you get them by late bloom if you have high temps during the day77-79 degrees and cool nights at around 65-67 and I get those numbers but no cool looking leaves yet any reason u can think of I’d love to hear! Yes I’m def waiting on that day where the trichs are fully matured and no couch lock no anxiety I like it somewhere in the middle n now you got me even more siked !!! thx again

16. Dec 3, 2019 at 12:26 PM #16

Danny73

Danny73

Danny73

Thank you!!