2023 Bud Of The Year Contest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Best Bud

• Misanthropy Gardens

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GMO

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Bogus Monkey

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Lesso

• Dogster

• Flower

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • TheyCallMeHash

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Digger

• Carty

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dam dam dam I wish I would have seen this earlier woulda loved to post brothers last Bud on here it's 1 of those legendary pics

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing I'm going to be changing next year in the Bud of the year Contest is you will only be allowed one entry no matter how many times you win in a year. This has never happened before so I have never had to deal with it before. Next year if you win more than once you will have to choose which Bud you want to enter to make it more fair to the other participants who only have one entry.
And this is nobody's fault but mine for not thinking of this before I started the yearly contest.
Your only allowed one entry in the Bud Of The Month so it should be the same for Bud Of The Year.
And again this is nobody's fault but mine. If I had told GMO to pick one Bud he would have done it with no hesitation.

Last edited:
One thing I'm going to be changing next year in the Bud of the year Contest is you will only be allowed one entry no matter how many times you win in a year. This has never happened before so I have never had to deal with it before. Next year if you win more than once you will have to choose which Bud you want to enter to make it more fair to the other participants who only have one entry.
And this is nobody's fault but mine for not thinking of this before I started the yearly contest.
Your only allowed one entry in the Bud Of The Month so it should be the same for Bud Of The Year.
And again this is nobody's fault but mine. If I had told GMO to pick one Bud he would have done it with no hesitation.
Ot just limit Botm to one win per year that way others get a chance to win

Ot just limit Botm to one win per year that way others get a chance to win
Maybe keep it to one win per quarter. I don't want to keep good growers from entering the contest. That's what pushes others to do better.
I just need to make sure if someone wins more than once in a year they can only enter on of those wins into the yearly contest.

Flower had a great idea for next year's Bud of the Month. It's too late for me to do it this time but next year I will use his idea if someone has multiple wins.
For instance GMOs name would have been on the poll 4 times. One for each entry and Month. That way you sill are only allowed to vote on one Entry.
Growing pains. Helps that we are a great community that works together.
Thanks flower.👍

I have every respect for GMO. I mean that. He has gave guidance and help when I asked, he is the reason I have made it this far and the cause of several of us to strive constantly trying just a little harder with each run.

My Opinion Only!!! - I think you should only be able to win BOM once a year. Only because of how important it is to some people. It was very important to me to get one of them under my belt. Again Every Respect to GMO!!!!!!! - He could have ran away with it big time. I personally consider him that good.

Maybe if you win and then qualify for Bud of the Year, once you have secured one of those spots then maybe you can enter a different picture / bud. Who knows. Just throwing it out there...

NO WAY do I have enough time to run the contest at this current point in my life. Everyone is doing an excellent job!!!!

Well I'll give that a try and see how it works out. Let's just make sure we have enough members involved in the contest where we don't run out of contestants in 6 or 7 months because the others can't enter due to already winning.

If only one of the sponsors would donate, say a light, for a grand prize at the end of the year, we could limit the members to one BOTM win per year, and hopefully the temptation of winning a prize would pull in enough extra entries to keep the contest competitive all year long.

That would be awesome. At this point I can not enter but I am going to enter again just not this month my buds are too immature I already used my buds from last grow. My Lucifer’s Hammer is super frosty but has at least another 4-6 weeks in flower

If only one of the sponsors would donate, say a light, for a grand prize at the end of the year, we could limit the members to one BOTM win per year, and hopefully the temptation of winning a prize would pull in enough extra entries to keep the contest competitive all year long.
Even if a new seed grower would donate some seeds as a prize would be cool too.

IMG_4454.jpeg

One of these would make an awesome grand prize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back