24hr Dark Peroid After Harvest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kushluvr

Reaction score
just a quick question.......

how many people here believe in this? and why?

thanks in advance!

I'm with RBH--unless someone can give me some kind of scientific reason how this could possibly benefit the plant, I just put it in the "Growing Myth" column.

I don't have any science to back it up, but I've heard it freaks the plant out so it dumps everything they have left into thc. I had my partner keep'em in the dark for two days last year while I was away at school and he said there appeared to be a difference. I may try a before and after sample this round.

GreenisGrand said:
I don't have any science to back it up, but I've heard it freaks the plant out so it dumps everything they have left into thc. I had my partner keep'em in the dark for two days last year while I was away at school and he said there appeared to be a difference. I may try a before and after sample this round.

Even if this were true (and I personally do not believe it is), do immature trichs even pack any wallop? Why do we let the trichs mature? Why not take a plant any time during flowering if immature (clear) trichs are just as good as mature (cloudy/amber) trichs?

Anecdotal stories from friends without any controls really don't tell us much. To be of any value at all, you really need a control to determine if anything you do, does in fact, make a difference.

Im gonna stay in the Dark on this one:p

According to Jorge, "you want to give plants 24 hours of total darkness before harvest. Many growers do this and say the buds are a little more resinous afterward". He also says that you should "harvest in the morning when THC content is at its peak". Not sure if any of this helps but I do it because I figure that it cannot hurt.

there reason iask is i left my whole crop last time to sit for 24 hrs after they were done.............

..........i didnt notice a thing! pretty much a wasted day that i could of had them all trimmed up!

Keep in mind that Jorge's opinion is just the opinion of 1 person. He probably does not have as much actual growing experience as many here. Unless and until I hear a solid reason for doing this, I am going to continue to view it as so much hooey. We also keep learning more and more of the biology of the plant.

Many times I have pulled a plant from the flowering room and not got the entire trim done. When I do not get a plant finished, she goes into my spare room closet, which is entirely dark. I personally have never noticed a difference in the trichs between the buds I trimmed a day or two before and the ones done a day or two later. This however, is just another anecdotal story with no controls.

I tried this a cpl times and never saw a difference. Like THG I sometimes don't finish trimming a whole plant and will put what is left in a dark closet till I hve time to finish....never noticed a difference.

Hamster Lewis said:
I tried this a cpl times and never saw a difference. Like THG I sometimes don't finish trimming a whole plant and will put what is left in a dark closet till I hve time to finish....never noticed a difference.

me too.......i dry in my flower room, so i just sit in there and trim and hang, with a shop flouro..im a one man band, my wife wants nothing to do with it...just smoking it! go figure!

You should be drying your plants in a place that is dark. Light degrades THC.

I recently harvested 5 Larry OG Kush, after trimming 4 over 4 days life got in the way and i had to leave the 5th one in a dark room for 3 and a half days, so far i have seen no difference, i marked it just in case so if the cure brings out a huge difference i will let you all know, but after 2 weeks absolutely no difference.

Yes maam......I do dry in a dark room, I just have to cut n dry in the same room...it's hard to trim in the dark!!!! Lol!!

Latest posts

Back