2nd grow YET a new grower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrowLikeU

Reaction score
This is my second grow and i had a few questions. What can go wrong if i decide to change the soil right before I flip the plant to flower. since the plants been in veg, i have not transplanted into new soil.

also, i noticed my my kush plants arent that tall. Is anyone familiar with kush plants and know if they're supposed to be medium yet full?

The plants will have been in veg the 27th of this month. it will have been in veg for two months. is that too long or should i flip this upcoming week?

thanks in advance

It won't hurt to transplant before the flip.

I veg two months myself.

I have only grown one kush and it was med height.

Do you want to show us a picture?

here are a few pix. In all there are 13 plants. its kinda of crowded in there and i wana know how i should trim it down before i put in flower tmrw so all the plants can get ample amount of light. could someone help me with that? also, what exactly does topping do for the plant?

Photo on 2012-08-14 at 20.46 #2.jpg

Photo on 2012-08-14 at 20.46 #3.jpg

Photo on 2012-08-14 at 20.46.jpg

Is there a reason your going into flower so soon?

Topping makes the plant bushier and instead on one large cola, you will get multiple tops. They look nice, really in veg for two months?

Rosebud said:
Is there a reason your going into flower so soon?

it will be two months exactly in 12 days. i dont think its so soon. Im just ready to put it in flower. 12days wont make much of a difference.

Topping makes the plant bushier and instead on one large cola, you will get multiple tops. They look nice, really in veg for two months?

thank u. my last grow, the leaves were yellowish. im proud of myself for this. they still look pretty healthy. how should i trim the leaves so light can get to all the plants equally as possible?

Don't trim any leaves except the ones you take off the very top. If your under T5's get the plants closer. I reread that they won't be 2 months for another two weeks. that makes better sense. So are you gonna top and then veg for two more weeks?

i wanted to just put them into flower tmrw. i miscalculated the two wks. it'll be 2mths in 12 days so i figured i could go head in put them in flower tmrw, no big deal right? and i thought i would have to trim some leave so the lights could reach all the plants.....

Don't trim the leaves at all. The only trimming you should do would be to either top or FIM. Taking off the big fan leaves is a no-no. Those leaves are the solar panels for providing the plants with all the energy they need. Removing any of those would only hurt the yield in the end.

Given you limited experience with growing, I would not do any kind of training this go around. It is not a necessity at this point. You want a trouble free finish for your second run with a good yield and you will get that with these plants.

They look a bit small for 2month old plants. They also haven't fully matured yet from the look of the off-set branches. Are these all femenized or regular sex plants? There is something going on for them to be 2mo old and not be any bigger or sexed yet. What kind of light and how much do you have on them? what kind of temperatures have they been exposed to since their germenation? What kind of soil are they in and what do tou feed them? They look relatively healthy but the growth has been very slow, which may be from multiple things that need to be corrected before they go into flower. It is not a problem for them to go into flower at this size as long as they are healthy and ready to flower but these aren't ready yet.

Once we know all the particulars of these kids, we will be able to give you a correct course of action to get them going so you can have a solid harvest :)

They are all feminized plants. They are under a t5 light in a 4x4 tent. the temps are between 80-90 degrees and the tent mostly stay humid and slightly moist. The plants are in organic soil from Greenfields. I started off using a organic line (roots organics) but it was hard to ph the water (i only watered the plants twice with this line) so i switched to EARTH JUICE (SWEET & HEAVY). They have been sexed also. i can see the pistols... ill try to take closer pix to show u guys. also, these are in 3 gallon pots
thank u for ur help nd advice

I would top the plants, veg 2 more weeks under the t5, then put them under a 400w HPS for flowering. and get an inline fan exhausting air to lower the temp and humidity. I wouldnt trim the plants right now, they look too small

GrowLikeU said:
They are all feminized plants. They are under a t5 light in a 4x4 tent. the temps are between 80-90 degrees and the tent mostly stay humid and slightly moist. The plants are in organic soil from Greenfields. I started off using a organic line (roots organics) but it was hard to ph the water (i only watered the plants twice with this line) so i switched to EARTH JUICE (SWEET & HEAVY). They have been sexed also. i can see the pistols... ill try to take closer pix to show u guys. also, these are in 3 gallon pots
thank u for ur help nd advice

IMO 80-90 is pretty high my first grow suck cause of the heat now i run carbon filter through reflector and portable ac room temps is about 75- 77 max at all times n the plants love it, when the temps went down plants shot right up

greenfriend said:
I would top the plants, veg 2 more weeks under the t5, then put them under a 400w HPS for flowering. and get an inline fan exhausting air to lower the temp and humidity. I wouldnt trim the plants right now, they look too small

i already have my lights. i use 600 and i have my fans and etc. this is my second grow. i have all the equipment. ill veg for another wk or so. below is a pic of basically the whole garden and then one single plant so u guys can see the average height of the plants. thanx again guys

Photo on 2012-08-15 at 06.49.jpg

Photo on 2012-08-15 at 06.49 #2.jpg

Photo on 2012-08-15 at 06.48.jpg

Do you have a fan on them in the tent? I think your plan to veg for 2 more weeks is a good one.

They look happy.

it's common practice to re-pot bout a week before flower, gives em plenty of room to stretch their roots n find food. as said, temps are bit high, but lookin rather well for second grow( better then my second....lol)....peace

Lookin good ,.. lower temps might help

yes. I have two fans on in the tent. Last night i lowered the temps. its cooler in there. i appreciate all the help. i think this will work. my last grow had brown leaves so i think im doing something right and hopefully the temps are what was wrong.

hey guys. i dont know what happened to my plants after i transplanted them into new pots. it seem like the roots started to grow upward. But the fan leaves turned brown and started to fall off... do anyone know what this could be?

Rosebud said:
Are they in the Roots soil? Can you take pictures please?

the pic where im pointing u can see how the bottom hardly has fan leaves, if any. and the other pic, the leaves look droopy. the roots are in the soil. but when the leaves start falling off, i removed some dirt and it looked as if if was growing upward. i dont know what to do!1

Photo on 2012-08-26 at 12.35.jpg

Photo on 2012-08-26 at 12.36.jpg

The roots will take care of themselves if they have proper soil and deep watering. Put the soil back in the pot. ;~)

Without seeing the top of the plant, this is what I would do. Where you are pointing, take off all those little tiny branches. Just keep the main stem. Those are not getting enough light and by pruning them it will give the energy to the top of the plant where the light is. What kind of light are you under?

Latest posts

Back