!!3 wks into FLWR - broken branch OMG!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Lead

Reaction score
ok. so the branch got bumped the other day and snapped - not all the way thru. I tied it back into place - no big deal, I did the same thing earlier with this plant and it was fine. well today I go in there and the leaves and every thing are drooping so terribly and it's 3 weeks into flower.

I freaked out, broke it all the way off, made a clean cut under water, dipped in clonex and a cube then shoved it in a tall cup - sponges for support. this thing is like 18" tall and has a THICK stalk...

my questions:

1. is there a way to fill the hole on the existing stump so my tree doesnt waste energy making a new branch?

2. will my cutting continue to flower? should I cover it with a bag or something? is it a lost cause?

any help greatly appreciated. I am fuh-reaking out.

IMG_0541.JPG

IMG_0543.JPG

IMG_0545.JPG

your ok!!!.
just tape it up or something...make a little support sling for it......
it wouldnt be a bad idea to tape a stick to the side where it snapped.....then tape it up good.....it will continue to grow......

o wait...you broke it all the way off..!!!

i wouldnt try to root it as a whole clone.....maybe put clonex on the broken parts of the plant.....then tape it back together.....

yeesssss!! it's broken ALL the way off! I don't think I can put it back now because I made a NEW cut after I broke it off... it's completely severed.

Miss Lead said:
ok. so the branch got bumped the other day and snapped - not all the way thru. I tied it back into place - no big deal, I did the same thing earlier with this plant and it was fine. well today I go in there and the leaves and every thing are drooping so terribly and it's 3 weeks into flower.

I freaked out, broke it all the way off, made a clean cut under water, dipped in clonex and a cube then shoved it in a tall cup - sponges for support. this thing is like 18" tall and has a THICK stalk...

my questions:

1. is there a way to fill the hole on the existing stump so my tree doesnt waste energy making a new branch?

2. will my cutting continue to flower? should I cover it with a bag or something? is it a lost cause?

any help greatly appreciated. I am fuh-reaking out.

"IMHO"... the odds of you getting it to root are pretty slim. Waaaay too much vegetative growth there. Sorry :(

well, then cut the stem it broke from, at an alternating angle....then stick the two back together...
use the clonex inbetween the 2 sections.....i would say this is your best bet...

Hick said:
"IMHO"... the odds of you getting it to root are pretty slim. Waaaay too much vegetative growth there. Sorry

:cry:

is there a way to plug up the existing hole from which the branch come from? or is my tree gonna try to grow something there?

No it won't grow anything in its place especially if it has been flowering already.
I just did this to one of my plants by accident but be careful not to stress her out any more.

You gotta stop freaking out too easily. I split one down the middle and after a couple choice words just got out the twisty ties. Yes she drooped for a few days till the repairs were made. Then she came to stand proud again. Well nothing you can really do now except use it as a lesson learned.

I'm probably a bit late on this one, but on a break like that, would it be possible to cut the end at a severe angle and graft it back onto the main trunk?

Feel free to make fun of me if I am way off. ;)

Latest posts

Back