40 x 40 x 78 inch tent with inline fan with carbon filter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hero4u2b

Reaction score
Hi everyone. In reaserching carbon filter/ inline fan combos there are two that I am wondering about and wonder if they would eliminate odor problems sufficently. The tent is 40 by 40 by 78 high.. I am using a 400 watt MH/HPS lighting system, I would like to order one of these inline fan carbon filters but am wondering if the 4 inch inline with the 170 CFM will do or should I spend a few more bucks and get the 6 inch inline that is rated at 424 CFM will a tall boy filter ? They will be small grows 4 to 6 plants at a time.. I cannot vent thru an attic nor a window so.. these are my only choice. Do they work well? can I feel assure by running one of these. recycleing the air right back into the tent or outside of the tent that it will clean enough air so I wont have to worry about nosey nieghbors.. I live in a condo. not that I invite neighbors in but want to make sure there are no lingering odors.. Thanks yall Hero

Hey hero, from my experience I have both sizes...if you plan on venting the light as well as running it thru the carbon filter, I would go with the six inch combo. I am using my smaller fan/filter ina small tent running just t5's. It does great getting rid of smell and keeps the temp down. Hope this helps:48:

Might as well as go bigger hero. If ya fill that room up with ladies, I'd say you'd be safer with eliminating the odor with the larger fan, plus if you ever decide to expand a little then you are set.

I've been hoping to get the same tent and was looking at the same set-up. I think I would go with the six inch fan. That would keep the fan from having to work as hard trying to circulate the air. GREEN MOJO coming your way.

Well I guess what I will do is spend the extra 60 or so bucks and go with the 6 inch inline fan ( 434 CFM I think it is) and hope to god it will do the job. The problem is I do not have the luxery of running duct up thru my attic or out a window because I live in a condo.. I just wanted to hear from anyone who has done a grow or two that doesnt have a choice like myself and is limited to using one of these carbon filter inline fan things to see if they work as well as they claim.. Anyways Thanks Yall Hero

most use a carbon filter and fan even if they vent out a window or into an attic anyways.

look i have the same stuff as you and its kind of funny that i happened here.today so i,ll breack it down i have a 400 cmf cyclone 6" inline fan,Phresh filter6"x18"400 cmf,Thunder 400w hps/mh digital ballast with 3 stage dimming at 50%75%100% power.with my 40x40x78 grow tent,now as of yeat i have not used the filter i,am in veg still.will put up some pic tommrow.so i hope it works when i need it too.but spend the money you will fill better in the end.:icon_smile:

Latest posts

Back