4u2sm0ke selective polenation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

4u2sm0ke

Reaction score
Hello everyone hope everyone is doing well...I been haveing fun makeing seeds the past couple yrs and thaught i would share this one..what I have is a "star Gazer" I plan to do most plant with "purplebud" 2 branches of "white widow" and 2 branches of cali orange..They did real well..I dont like solective pollenation for the record due o the pollen easy floats about the air..so I make sure all air movement is down to nill..and i hold my breath..lol.I use brown lunch sacks to cover the branches be for pollenating..i then remove a bag pollenate the branch and place bag over..after all is done i wait 2 hrs and then removed the topbag and misted lightly and then removed the next working my way down the plant...I kept in issolation for 2 days misting 2-3 times a day...Its now in the flower room to do its thing. updates if the intrest is here..take care and be safe

p.s.
This plant is 24 days in flower..I like to polennate at the 3rd week..I like to let my beans cook for 4 plus weeks:aok:

DSCF4618.JPG

DSCF4624.JPG

DSCF4629.JPG

DSCF4609.JPG

DSCF4610.JPG

DSCF4616.JPG

DSCF4630.JPG

DSCF4633.JPG

DSCF4638.JPG

DSCF4639.JPG

DSCF4640.JPG

DSCF4649.JPG

:cool: :bongin::watchplant::bong2:

I am interested and watching. Too bad the beans don't come out marked with a ww, pb, whatever. Can you train them to do that? LMAO. Seriously, this does sound like fun. But, in case you come up with a killer pheno, there's no way of knowing for sure who the daddy is. If it's just for fun, then go for it.

benny ....I know what branch got what daddy on it..lol...and a hobby is allways suppose to be fun..right?

wow this is so cool..I have to reread it lol...to fully understand the bag process..although with the cloning I prob wont make seeds to nervous about the pollen.

2Dog said:
wow this is so cool..I have to reread it lol...to fully understand the bag process..although with the cloning I prob wont make seeds to nervous about the pollen.

Hello 2Dog..thanks for stopping by. the bags are used to help keep pollen from that branch...i started with all covered...then removed two lower ones and used cali orange..i then put bags back over and misted the crap outta air...waited 15-20 min then removed the next 2 up...and used white widow Pollen from last Fall...and put bags back on..and Misted again...waited 15 minthen removed he rest and used purplebud...Most of the plant is Purplebud...we are makeing "purple Star Gazer"..I hope that explains it better..

:48:

I think it will work. What is the plan for all those ??x stargazer beans? Got any crossing plans for them?

wat a *****!! :hubba: (the stargazer lady) :rofl:
do i need to edit that? :huh:

Wondering about the appropriate time line for "cook"ing auto beans? Also, drying time? Seems like we would refrigerate the beans to simulate winter? Wonder where else (in addition to HIEs seed thread) we'd go for reading on making beans?

Beans usually take a month or so to mature on the plant. The calyxes will swell, then pop open. Once you see brown beans, you are getting close. Yes, on the frig for storing them and simulating winter/ dormancy.

4u2sm0ke said:
Hello 2Dog..thanks for stopping by. the bags are used to help keep pollen from that branch...i started with all covered...then removed two lower ones and used cali orange..i then put bags back over and misted the crap outta air...waited 15-20 min then removed the next 2 up...and used white widow Pollen from last Fall...and put bags back on..and Misted again...waited 15 minthen removed he rest and used purplebud...Most of the plant is Purplebud...we are makeing "purple Star Gazer"..I hope that explains it better..

thanks 4U...mad scientist of pot growing! so cool. :p

420benny said:
I think it will work. What is the plan for all those ??x stargazer beans? Got any crossing plans for them?

thanks benny I hope so..I will give a lot away and scatter a bunch around Seattle in spring..lol..no plans with them other then seeds...Im working on the "purple Frosting" But as I said Im new to this and still learning..Thanks for the intrest..

omg. is that white rhino I didnt read your posts.. Im glad to see ya 420 smoke!!.. miss ya too.. toke me some pretty please?

check my last post of 211 grow... it's ruined by deputy.. not my mom this time lol like last time smile...

OldHippieChick said:
Wondering about the appropriate time line for "cook"ing auto beans? Also, drying time? Seems like we would refrigerate the beans to simulate winter? Wonder where else (in addition to HIEs seed thread) we'd go for reading on making beans?

hello my friend...I dont t hink aoutos are any diffrent then regular..I could be wrong...I say search HippyinEnglands.."makeing seeds for autos" But Ive learned it takes 3 weeks for bean to mature from pollenation...Is why i chose the 3rd week..gives me 4-5:aok: the white widow f2 i made the beans was starting to fallat 9th week which was 5 weeks after pollenation..I have the "Cannabis Breeders Bible" by Greg Green..Theres great stuff here as well as Breedbay.com Lots of help there..Refridge the beans in crisper in an air tight container with some rice grains..will stay for a few years..as for drying time..Your gonna get diffrent opinions here...some like to wait some dont..I have germed and grew some out after Harvest and did fine..Hope this helps and thanks for stopping by..take care and be safe

ohhh white widow... how nice.. thats rarely kind!

Yeah I like doing this. I needed more Domina beans, being the price that they are, but I also did a selective pollinate of the Blue Mystic with both Mystic and Domina. So I will have two types of seed. Whether I should call the cross Blue Domina or Black Mystic I am not sure.

leafminer said:
Yeah I like doing this. I needed more Domina beans, being the price that they are, but I also did a selective pollinate of the Blue Mystic with both Mystic and Domina. So I will have two types of seed. Whether I should call the cross Blue Domina or Black Mystic I am not sure.

Why not call it what it is...mother first x father. an F1 is not a pure breed, why name it like is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back